Starting a youtube channel

bignok

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Just a random video from this guy. The video has 8.3 million views and he has 23 million subscribers.

Does that make any sense to anybody?

some of the biggest channels on youtube are also the crappiest channels.

buyer beware.

big nok, be sure to smile in your videos. 

12 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

some of the biggest channels on youtube are also the crappiest channels.

buyer beware.

big nok, be sure to smile in your videos. 

Smile and make crap flicks. Big hit. Mark Wiens smiles like crazy. Wow amazing garlic in that curry.

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

10m subscribers thats who

youtube has some corruption. 

most of the large channels with millions of followers are the crappiest. 

many of them are funded by large companies.

so they have financing, expensive equipment, a team filming for them, etc...

this guy is traveling around the world. that costs a lot of money and he may be financed ... 

and maybe they have money to influence the youtube algorithms so their videos always come out on top. 

39 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

some people only care about getting famous, clicks, views.

i like it when someone posts content that actually has a message behind it. 

like this. he may have a good point here. 

The view of opinions of what is good content is yours, and only yours. Thank god

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, bignok said:

What if the mrs started a channel. Temples and caves. Audio in Thai. I drive her around. She films and does the talking. Target Thai audience.

Would it work?

You cannot work as a chauffeur.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Whether it works depends on how good the presentation is, and how many views and subscribers you get. IMO that's the measure of success.

Over the last two years, I made several series of videos I posted on Youtube. About 30 on golf, 8 on kitchen/food tips, 6 on elderly health issues and fixes.

The equipment was very basic, a 200 baht tripod bought on Lazada, and my elderly smartphone for video and voiceover recording. I used free online editing software to edit the videos, and GNU image manipulation for photo labelling.

I have 280 subscribers, which is a piddling amount in the YouTube environment.

My success with viewers was varied. I maxed out at about 35 viewers with the elderly health series, perhaps the topic is too confronting. OTOH, I got 32,000 viewers on a video I made of one professional golfer. YouTube won't start commercializing a video unless the channel is producing a much bigger list of subscribers and audience.

I started making the videos as a creative exercise to ward off boredom during the pandemic, and did not expect to make money. I taught myself how to do video compilation and editing. I suggest you start with the same expectation, and not spend too much on equipment.

You never know what is going to click with viewers on Youtube. There is one guy on Youtube called Mr. Beast, who has 50 million viewers.

His shtick is outlandish challenges, such as fighting The Rock for $100,000. Park your brain cells at the door when watching.

Good luck.

36 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

started making the videos as a creative exercise to ward off boredom during the pandemic, and did not expect to make money. I taught myself how to do video compilation and editing. I suggest you start with the same expectation, and not spend too much on equipment.

Yes more of a hobby. The girl likes it. Sony has a jive camera for $500. 

• Don't do it for the money. If your Mrs. has a passion and a dream it will keep her (and you) going. 
  • Don't copy another (successfull) channel, find your personality and your style. It will develop over time. Go back to the start of any channel and you will see, if they did not delete the old content, how crappy their content was in the beginning
  • Thai audience is quite big, you don't have to make your content in English. If your Mrs is charming and knows how to sweet talk in Thai, stick to your initial idea
  • Don't overthink it - go for it
  • Don't fall for Coaches that promise you to grow your channel in 6 months to 100k subscribers or whatever. Don't invest money. Every good advice you can find for free on Youtube if you do a bit of research
  • If you gain traction and exposure be prepared to read hate comments. Still 98% of the Thai audience are very polite and kind and will write positive comments, but there are a few that will get personal and they attack right there where it hurts the most.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris747 said:
  • Don't do it for the money. If your Mrs. has a passion and a dream it will keep her (and you) going. 
  • Don't copy another (successfull) channel, find your personality and your style. It will develop over time. Go back to the start of any channel and you will see, if they did not delete the old content, how crappy their content was in the beginning
  • Thai audience is quite big, you don't have to make your content in English. If your Mrs is charming and knows how to sweet talk in Thai, stick to your initial idea
  • Don't fall for Coaches that promise you to grow your channel in 6 months to 100k subscribers or whatever. Don't invest money. Every good advice you can find for free on Youtube if you do a bit of research
  • If you gain traction and exposure be prepared to read hate comments. Still 98% of the Thai audience are very polite and kind and will write positive comments, but there are a few that will get personal and they attack right there where it hurts the most.

Agree 100%. Do for fun. See what happens.

1 minute ago, Chris747 said:

Dont use small font! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, bignok said:

Cute but shy. I dont want creeps looking at her.

9 out of 10 are not cute. they are stunning hence why they are a 9. 6 is cute. 5 is average. 

i don't want creeps looking at her. best stay inside then ya. 

1 minute ago, stoner said:

9 out of 10 are not cute. they are stunning hence why they are a 9. 6 is cute. 5 is average. 

i don't want creeps looking at her. best stay inside then ya. 

6 is plain jane