Chuwit Unveils: Only 8 Months to Live, Choosing Joy Over Fear

webfact

8 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

The powers to be seem to get away with everything as long as they dont touch the higher institutions. From watch collectors to heroin dealers, from assisting human traffickerss to  mafia clans, even  election thiefs, Thailand's government is made of Teflon.

Like most governments around the world then. 

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

I'm sure, given a chance to choose giving up all his pleasures and worldly possessions he have right now, in exchange for being health back again, he would choose the latter without hesitations, facing certain demise make people philosophical as J.K Rwoling put it: it is our choices, Harry, that shows what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

Thai people not same you.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Curious....

In  his remaining time  left, he talks about smoking and drinking as among his pleasures to be enjoyed...

But no mention of enjoying well-endowed and pleasure-minded ladies, who were the foundation of his original business and financial success.

If I had a short time left, I think I'd be thinking about those kinds of pleasures as well!  ????

Maybe due to his condition "where there's a will(*) there's a way" is sadly not an option.

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

Actually, I'd have called it confrontation rather than contemplation. Sad news all the same, and the right attitude IMHO, since there seems to be no avoiding the end, enjoy yourself while you still can.

Sometimes I appreciate confrontation in Thai politics rather than merely shifting pieces around on a chessboard or pussying around forming coalitions with the other loser mates. Say it as it is and if they don't like it, stuff'em.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have been in the hotel business all my life as a Chef, I was sitting in his hotel The Davis Bangkok near Emporium having a coffee. He was talking to all the head of departments in the hotel...General manager, Assistant GM, Front desk manager, cost control......etc.......

He was exceptional in speaking about the guest, the value of each person in attendance calling them by name, position and their greatest attributes in their contribution to their future whether it was present time or their future advancement in other hotels.

Listening,  to him enhanced my management skills throughout  my career  travels in Thailand, Singapore, Dubai, Myanmar, Hong Kong...etc

Now I'm back in the US and these skills rarely exist in the hotels here..........I'm planning to move some of my belongings back from Bangkok......and hope to meet him....and the godsend was priceless.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, RT555 said:

I have been in the hotel business all my life as a Chef, I was sitting in his hotel The Davis Bangkok near Emporium having a coffee. He was talking to all the head of departments in the hotel...General manager, Assistant GM, Front desk manager, cost control......etc.......

He was exceptional in speaking about the guest, the value of each person in attendance calling them by name, position and their greatest attributes in their contribution to their future whether it was present time or their future advancement in other hotels.

Listening,  to him enhanced my management skills throughout  my career  travels in Thailand, Singapore, Dubai, Myanmar, Hong Kong...etc

Now I'm back in the US and these skills rarely exist in the hotels here..........I'm planning to move some of my belongings back from Bangkok......and hope to meet him....and the godsend was priceless.

An exceptional post. Thank you.

On 8/5/2023 at 7:01 AM, stoner said:

start the revolution then. let it all out...... every detail...... spare no one. 

There are definitely going to be some relieved politicians, high ranking police and army folk when he's finally gone. ????

Let's hope he writes a long book before that happen.