Bibby Stockholm: Asylum seekers warned over failure to board Dorset barge

Social Media

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Virtue signaling ‘ex military’.

This Government has it in its power to help the ex military if it chooses to do so.

Nothing at all whatsoever to do with asylum seekers.

You are right to say nothing to do with asylum seekers, most are illegal economic migrants who have no grounds to claim asylum, thats why they turn up minus passports and ID- I come from Iraq, Syria etc when really they are from safe African countries.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Why do you want struggling ex military to live in sparse and austere accommodation? Do you not think that our government owes them more than that?

Are those your words "sparse and austere". Our military would be glad of such accomodation I'm sure and they wouldn't moan about it. Snooker rooms and gymnasiums, oh it must be terrible for them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Most asylum seekers are genuine.

75% of initial decisions made in 2022 resulted in a grant of asylum or other form of protection

https://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/information/refugee-asylum-facts/the-truth-about-asylum/

Of course, they are, they want what you got, they have been promised that, with an all-inclusive expensive rubber boat trip to UK riches.............. ....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Are those your words "sparse and austere". Our military would be glad of such accomodation I'm sure and they wouldn't moan about it. Snooker rooms and gymnasiums, oh it must be terrible for them.

No, they are not my words. Why not try reading the source article?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

Yeah riiiight, what you don't realise is that these AS-ers have paid a lot of money to get to the island with streets of gold, now they are here, they are scratching their heads wondering where they are. 

It is folk like you that are stringing the dilemma out, if the UK had a vote on it, your lot, the anti-Brit Brits, would be stuffed...........????

That cannot ever be allowed to happen again.

The people were allowed a vote some years back on a matter of great concern which was deliberately being left undressed by our governing classes, and look at the trouble that caused!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

So your many thousands of asylum seekers (spongers) don't need unexpected housing..?

Many thousands of Brits can't afford houses, let alone local gov giving them one...

Your spongers are taking up space for British folk, it's folk like you that are making it more difficult than it already is for BRITISH folk.

Then you come on here with your lefty stance, blaming the gov when your lot haven't a clue what they are doing, if they did, they would be in government, and they've had 14 years to do it.................????

Forgive me, I thought the Government were running the country, including housing policies?

Am I wrong?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

This 75% number does not say clearly when these cases were commenced or how many there were. If the Refugee Council were dealing only with genuine refugees, then I don't think anyone could complain. However, the recent problem with many economic migrants is not mentioned specifically, and, I would be concerned that migrants, that have probably paid big money to get here, are being given the same chance to remain in the UK as genuine refugees are. 

I haven't heard of many repatriations to Saharan Africa, the Middle East or further afield. Have you? 

I’m more concerned at the spiraling costs of the Government’s failure to clear applications and the constant scapegoating of migrants for a whole range of other Government failures,

This ‘asylum barge’ is a testament to the Government’s continuing failure.

’Stop the boats’ has morphed into ‘put them in big boats’, of which hundreds would be required to house the back log.

I can picture the scene in the cabinet room, Sunak screaming ‘do something, anything but do something’.

So what gets done is a pointless show at cost to the tax payer and profit to chums of the Government.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, transam said:

????...........A lot safer than an expensive trip across the channel in a rubber boat.

But then, folk like you want these people to take UK taxpayers money, people like you want the UK gates to open up for this lot......???? 

Where as folk like you are happy for the government to take UK taxpayers money to spend on themselves.

Your kidding yourself if you thibk that the government cares about the general population in the slightest. 

If the government stopped all immigration do you think they would then spend the saved money on the NHS and housing homeless people....or increasing peoples benefits? 

These immigrants are not taking money away from the British population...the government is doing that.  Who were the ones to sell off the council houses and not build any new ones?  Who were the ones that have caused a huge increase in homelessness with 'care in the community', who are the ones that have cut or stopped benefits or stopped people claiming them by changing the rules?  

These immigrants have been made the scapegoat to distract from the more serious issues going on in the UK at the moment.  

Before they could blame their failings on Europe, now they can blame the immigrants. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m more concerned at the spiraling costs of the Government’s failure to clear applications and the constant scapegoating of migrants for a whole range of other Government failures,

’Stop the boats’ has morphed into ‘put them in big boats’, of which hundreds would be required to house the back log.

I can picture the scene in the cabinet room, Sunak screaming ‘do something, anything but do something’.

So what gets done is a pointless show at cost to the tax payer and profit to chums of the Government.

More proof. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Where as folk like you are happy for the government to take UK taxpayers money to spend on themselves.

Your kidding yourself if you thibk that the government cares about the general population in the slightest. 

If the government stopped all immigration do you think they would then spend the saved money on the NHS and housing homeless people....or increasing peoples benefits? 

These immigrants are not taking money away from the British population...the government is doing that.  Who were the ones to sell off the council houses and not build any new ones?  Who were the ones that have caused a huge increase in homelessness with 'care in the community', who are the ones that have cut or stopped benefits or stopped people claiming them by changing the rules?  

These immigrants have been made the scapegoat to distract from the more serious issues going on in the UK at the moment.  

Before they could blame their failings on Europe, now they can blame the immigrants. 

Are you are favourite poster's twin?????????????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Forgive me, I thought the Government were running the country, including housing policies?

Am I wrong?

You cannot see that the thousands of spongers creeping into the UK are TAKEN CARE OF, yes, not chucked back into the water, taken care of by the government in power.

Which includes being housed, money that should be spent on the British folk that you don't like.

Now tell me, what is wrong with the thread accommodation, see below, considering these spongers have been living under old pallets and plastic for months or more....

Oh, I forgot, you don't watch video evidence, well sunbeam, I believe this one was taken by one of your sponger mates, have a gander, it will show you the conditions there............????

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/bibby-stockholm-asylum-seeker-films-084114509.html

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

So funny lefty, and doesn't deserve a reply..........????

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What's wrong with the floating lodgings, your spongers like things that float, anyhow, plus they paid a lot of money for the privilege............????

You should step back and think how much money your spongers are costing British folk, instead of blaming everyone else, it is people like you, and hypocrite people that glue themselves to roads, that are causing the cr@p happening in the UK..........I bet you wear an orange shirt at the keyboard, eh..........????

Edited by transam
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Make them work in a factory or collecting bins, then they can pay their own rent. 

What a pathetic government, wouldn't see the Thai government letting in asylum seekers. 

Ahhmmmm, they just walk across the border..........:coffee1:

37 minutes ago, transam said:

You cannot see that the thousands of spongers creeping into the UK are TAKEN CARE OF, yes, not chucked back into the water, taken care of by the government in power.

Which includes being housed, money that should be spent on the British folk that you don't like.

Now tell me, what is wrong with the thread accommodation, see below, considering these spongers have been living under old pallets and plastic for months or more....

Oh, I forgot, you don't watch video evidence, well sunbeam, I believe this one was taken by one of your sponger mates, have a gander, it will show you the conditions there............????

Am alternative would be to put asylum seekers into prison. This might be a deterrent. 

Last time I stayed in Whitechapel Ibis hotel, I thought I was in Bangladesh, which is a horrible place. 

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Am alternative would be to put asylum seekers into prison. This might be a deterrent. 

Last time I stayed in Whitechapel Ibis hotel, I thought I was in Bangladesh, which is a horrible place. 

The most obvious answer is to stop all the freebies. We are the only country that pays illegals to enter our country. Real refugees would be only too happy to be housed on the barge.

37 minutes ago, transam said:

What's wrong with the floating lodgings, your spongers like things that float, anyhow, plus they paid a lot of money for the privilege............????

You should step back and think how much money your spongers are costing British folk, instead of blaming everyone else, it is people like you, and hypocrite people that glue themselves to roads, that are causing the cr@p happening in the UK..........I bet you wear an orange shirt at the keyboard, eh..........????

Apart from continual personal attacks, do you have anything to add to the discussion?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

The most obvious answer is to stop all the freebies. We are the only country that pays illegals to enter our country. Real refugees would be only too happy to be housed on the barge.

Indeed. Stop everything for illegal immigrants, it's not rocket science.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The alternative is to review their asylum claims, allow those who are successful to enter society, work to keep themselves, contribute and pay taxes, while reporting those whose claims are bogus.

But that would mean dealing with the issue rather than putting on performances at tax payers expense while funneling tax payer’s money to Government chums.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1