British father and son are brutally beaten by bouncerskicked out of a bar in 'Sin City'

webfact

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

He's not an OAP. An OAP is over 65

Not in Thailand, buddy. It's 60 here.

And there's no need to split hairs of a few years anyway; you get my point: he took on guys several decades younger than himself.

Although, he's an idiot, it took some balls 

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Not in Thailand, buddy. It's 60 here.

And there's no need to split hairs of a few years anyway; you get my point: he took on guys several decades younger than himself.

If I were splitting hairs, I'd say that I got a Thai govt. pension at 55. It's 60 for civil servants. 

OMG , I'm an OAP ! 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Exactly. It isn't supposed to escalate into a fight, and kicking like they did I've never seen back home in the US. It was always just grab, bring outside, and tell them to leave before things got worse. Even if they got hit, they weren't hitting back and instigating more, but diffusing the situation. It is hard holding back, but that's the job, and no one gets sued or goes to the hospital or dies.

You are absolutely correct, but you are not really comparing apples with apples. In the USA bouncers in some states must go on an approved training course before they can get a job as a bouncer, then there strict rules they must abide by, or they could get sued. In Thailand its like the wild west, the bouncers aren't trained, there is obviously a language problem sometimes and things get out of hand very quickly? And of course nobody gets sued!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Goat said:

And the next video after that is of eight bouncers in Manchester England bashing two patrons. Eight onto two.

where those bouncers also Thai? 

it wouldnt surprise me in the least...

lots of Thais live in Manchester. 

Edited by bob smith
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Being a bouncer doesn't mean you are a stupid person. The man hit the bouncer first, and he deserved a return punch, then to be subdued by the bouncer and his colleagues. Not to be kicked in the head like this. That's a common thing here, as most don't have a clue how to fight and have to kick, flail with their punches and have more than 2 helpers doing the same thing. Hire someone who actually knows what being a bouncer means. That kind of behavior brings revenge when you least expect it, and sometimes deadly., to the bouncer and or the bar owners. Remember Roadhouse? Subdue, bring outside, and reason with them. if they won't reason, call the police and bring (the usually intoxicated) person to jail. He sobers up, and thinks about what he did, knowing he was wrong (maybe) and revenge usually isn't planned.

Sounds like your in favor of the 

Marquess of Queensberry Rules!

That was a movie your referring to ,a far cry of what happens in real life bars in third world establishments!

These people here pride themselves with Mui Thai style boxing, kicking,punching elbows and knees  ! And in gangs , such as bouncers they can be relentless , predictable and deadly!

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Goat said:

If you watch to the end of the video in the link another video comes on of more trouble making Brits getting sorted by Thai bouncers.

And the next video after that is of eight bouncers in Manchester England bashing two patrons. Eight onto two.

Which puts an end to your myth about how the Thais are all bad and it would have been handled better in England.

You have just imagined that.

What is concerning in the orriginal video is how Fatty son does absolutely nothing to help defend his father. Talk about useless.

????

13 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

You mean the elderly farang, slapping a much younger man, probably decades younger - and one who does bouncing as a profession, lol.

The old guy was brave and dumb.

I dunno how I would describe the bouncers. They probably felt they needed to put on some theatrics to save face. It was certainly unprofessional to take it that far.

Fact remains, if that man, who was pretty heavy, put that weight behind the punch, which he didn't, the Thai would be knocked out cold, because he was a much smaller man. If he knew Muay Thai, which by his actions, shows he didn't, because of the wild kicking, and in the back, he may have been able to take the punch of a heavier man, at least one that didn't have power behind that punch.                                                                                                                                                                                                Someone who does bouncing, and he might have been there only one day, doesn't get into fights. If you are doing it for a living, you are hired because you can make claim to some skills, and be level headed, not causing the bar any possible lawsuits. Age, weight and size doesn't mean everything.                                                                                                                      Point is, that man made mistake hitting someone for whatever reason he had, unless it was to defend himself or his son, which wasn't the case, as it was just words first. The fight should have stopped the second that man hit the ground. The local stomped on his back, then kicked him again as he turned his body. That's overkill and cowardly. A Muay Thai fighter isn't a coward, knows how to fight, and usually doesn't pick fights or go about it like this one did. He was hired, probably by a friend or friend of the bar owner, because they needed a bouncer there. Not because he had bouncer credentials. This kind of "bouncer" gets people in real trouble. Money trouble or revenge trouble. If someone did that to someone in the US, he would be looking to get even, because people who kick people when they are down are cowards, and cowards always get theirs. This Brit made a mistake, but it's not good to trash other farangs because it makes all of us living here look bad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

You are totally right.

Sadly, many users here think a slap should warrant a death sentence in Thailand.

Very sad to see (presumeably) western educated males thinking along these lines.

the mob has spoken bobby. a pound of flesh for a slap is very reasonable. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

Sounds like your in favor of the 

Marquess of Queensberry Rules!

That was a movie your referring to a far cry of what happens in real life bars in third world establishments!

These people here pride themselves with Mui Thai style boxing ! And in gangs they can be relentless , predictable and deadly!

Although true as far as the third world mentality, most people here don't know Muay Thai. They act like they do, kicking all the time. Kicking in anything besides an actual fight is cowardly and weak. it's because they haven't the strength or skills in punching. Also, gang fighting is another reason. A gang that goes 5 against one are the same principle. They can't fight individually so have to use numbers. As far as the Marquess of Queensberry rules, they of course don't apply to a street fight or something like this. That's in a tournament, with gloves, rests and no wrestling, much like boxing. I'm not against Thais besides a few things, being formerly married to one, having a Thai girlfriend, and a half Thai child, but this is one of them. They could have killed that man, and for what?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

This Brit made a mistake, but it's not good to trash other farangs because it makes all of us living here look bad.

I think there comes a time, as we integrate into our new homes, that we stop supporting 'the farang' and side with the Thais. For me, this was around 5-10 years.

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I must be out of touch.  I thought Bukaow was mainly a cheap boozing street for foreigners, while Walking Street was the 'red light' area.

There's a few bars in the area, and it is Patts ... bars & women + drunks 

Bars R Us

Untitled.jpg

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

I think there comes a time, as we integrate into our new homes, that we stop supporting 'the farang' and side with the Thais. For me, this was around 5-10 years.

There never comes a time when you don't support your own, unless they are doing illegal or immoral things, but again, trashing them on a public forum spells trouble for the rest of us who are law abiding and only want to live here in peace. A man's job is to support anyone that's in the right, no matter the nationality or creed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, riclag said:

These people here pride themselves with Mui Thai style boxing

i missed the part of muay thai training where you are shown how to kick a man on the ground with your co-worker. 

• Haha 1

One thing that makes this weak is that the patron was probably drunk or drinking and the bouncers are supposed to be stone sober!

So you have sober guys kicking a guy that had a few too many and was enjoying himself and put his hand on the Thai guy for whatever reason that was in his head at the time.

Thats worse then a bunch of drunk guys going at it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

There never comes a time when you don't support your own, unless they are doing illegal or immoral things, but again, trashing them on a public forum spells trouble for the rest of us who are law abiding and only want to live here in peace. A man's job is to support anyone that's in the right, no matter the nationality or creed.

What do you mean 'your own'?

I don't identify with violent British sexpats. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1