Police Urged To Stop Tourists Partying On Jomtien Beach All Night

webfact

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Fancy buying/renting a condo without doing due dilligence.

Fancy doing your due diligence and then LATER the beach in front of you turns into loud bluetooth speaker singing drunks party central from midnight til sunrise...so much for lying in bed with balcony doors open and a fan instead of a/c and listening to the waves and the ocean.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, actonion said:

Presumably they're talking about domestic tourists,  Thai's with their modified   pick ups   with the rear  tray  turned  into a  speaker blasting out  music   at night   while parked at the beach in jomtien has been happening for  15 years that i know of, many complaints  to the police , but  nothing  has ever been  done to stop  them.. so nothing new 

We had a guy last week, three houses away, who was having a b-day party, He and his friends had a Karaoke loudspeaker and after they all got drunk they fancied themselves singing stars.

You should hear them! They sounded almost comical. Thank god I have soundproof the windows in our bedroom and with the A/C on and you could barely bear them, But most of the thais around us sleep with their windows open.

I felt bad for them because many of them have to get up early and go to work. Someone must have had words with them because about 11 they cut it out. 

Or maybe, they simply passed out. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, pomchop said:

and if you sort of like to leave door open and live with fan instead of a/c?  i think the problem is not the party but the increasing loud bluetooth speakers not to mention lots of drunks yelling all night long....and yes i know TIT so good luck with any controls....now IF IF a mr big from bangkok in the Penthouse suite of a building was disturbed i suspect the beach would be cleared in a few days and it would be the sound of the surf only....

i believe this has been happening for years,  it's an every night usual thing from what I gather,  so it's not going to change now.

wouldn't someone looking to rent a condo long term nearby not check out what noise pollution,  traffic congestion, shops, local walk-by traffic and other possible deterrents before moving in  ?   

That would be the logical thing to do ....  or wait and then complain later ....  haha

Edited by steven100

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

i believe this has been happening for years,  it's an every night usual thing from what I gather,  so it's not going to change now.

wouldn't someone looking to rent a condo long term nearby not check out what noise pollution,  traffic congestion, shops, local walk-by traffic and other possible deterrents before moving in  ?   

That would be the logical thing to do ....  or wait and then complain later ....  haha

I do not know but from story it seems to be a recent event or at least it has gotten louder......I don't thnk there is enough due diligence in the world to protect you from various neighbors, noise, etc in Thailand.  At least they are down on the beach and not next door or right above or below you going on all night long with the building refusing to do anything....buy a house out in the country and live in peace and quiet for years,,,then somebody opens a karaoke bar  across the street and good luck with due diligence.  Of course to be protected you would need to buy or control several acres all around your property and then next thing you know the road outside turns into a loud motorbike "raceway" for a bunch of wild teens...TIT

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, pomchop said:

and if you sort of like to leave door open and live with fan instead of a/c?  i think the problem is not the party but the increasing loud bluetooth speakers not to mention lots of drunks yelling all night long....and yes i know TIT so good luck with any controls....now IF IF a mr big from bangkok in the Penthouse suite of a building was disturbed i suspect the beach would be cleared in a few days and it would be the sound of the surf only....

...until Mr Farang from Nuneaton decides to remodel his unit and starts jackhammering the previous owners ceramic tiles off the floor at 7 a.m.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, pomchop said:

I do not know but from story it seems to be a recent event or at least it has gotten louder......I don't thnk there is enough due diligence in the world to protect you from various neighbors, noise, etc in Thailand.  At least they are down on the beach and not next door or right above or below you going on all night long with the building refusing to do anything....buy a house out in the country and live in peace and quiet for years,,,then somebody opens a karaoke bar  across the street and good luck with due diligence.  Of course to be protected you would need to buy or control several acres all around your property and then next thing you know the road outside turns into a loud motorbike "raceway" for a bunch of wild teens...TIT

Its not a recent event, this loud music  from  Thai's  with their modified pick up  trucks turned into mobile speakers  has been happening for at least 15 years, and nothing done about the noise,  and doubt nothing will ever be done about it, unless it annoys the police  while  sleeping