Skateboard skirmish between foreigner and police sparks stir at Don Mueang Airport in Bangkok (video)

webfact

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What are you on about? You think he's going to keep his leg still so they can aim at his leg? Do you have any idea how hard it is to hit a small moving target with a handgun?

Cops are trained to shoot into the abdomen as it's the largest target.

The solution was a taser, but alas I doubt they have one..........????

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, bob smith said:

copper prolly did somethin he shouldnt have.

That's what I see - two kids who don't move, maybe they are his kids - one of them may have been dicking around on the skateboard, the policeman may have done something to escalate and the old man didnt appreciate it.

He only seems to have a problem with one officer, the policeman is showing a little restraint, but badly trained, if he was going to pull his baton he shouldn't use it to antagonize the situation by hitting the skateboard - he should have only used it (imho) to take out the tourist at the knees, but what do I care.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Translation brought to  you by Google Translate:

See my skateboard? You must bow to it's power!! I can have this hat for free because Thailand must give it to me since my skateboard has much power. My swim trunks show how powerful and great my skateboard skills are. I have the power of the skateboard and you must recognize that or the skateboard will it be brought to bare on your body! See! See! see my skateboard.. it will hit you. My skateboard will hit you!

summary by chatgpt:

blah blah, im trying to hard to be be funny, blah

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

You're only racist if you cast aspersions and assign negative connotations generally and randomly toward isolated individuals of an ethnic group, because they belong to that group. Just because you've had bad experiences in China does not in and of itself justify malignant racism. then you've added another problem on top of the original one. I've seen racism against Blacks in the US rationalized similarly all of my 66 years, and it's ugly. Meanwhile I've run into more misbehaving British louts and blighters lately than any other group, with various other ethnicities also guilty, and very few Chinese by comparison. Granted, that's because of Covid, but fact nonetheless, and I'm not going to tar and feather any group because of it.

I lived in China many years and never had a problem. Everyone was very nice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Foreigner". Just say Chinese. If he wasn't I doubt the officers would've shown such restraint. While I'm all for police restraint - in this case they gave him way too much opportunity to attack and harm their fellow officer. Wouldn't have been hard to subdue him from behind - gotta wonder why they never even tried.

The rise of the Chinese here does not bode well for Thailand. The "rich" ones that Thailand so desperately seeks bring nothing but trouble - like this fine specimen, as well as all the criminals and druggies rounded up before the election (funny how they stopped busting them post-election, huh?).

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

What a <deleted> (skateboard guy)… …. if I were the police I’d introduce the guy to taser at minimum… No reason for that behavior…, on another 

note looked like on of the bar fight guys in line with checkered shirt…

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

Grow up, anyone over 9yrs old on a skateboard needs treatment ????????????

Very good exercise, and who's against exercise but those that don't do it? Adults play badminton, a game usually thought of as a child's game.

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

I would have a guess that he is Chinese and believes he can do whatever he wants without any repercussions for his actions which is a very Kevin and typical attitude  

In view of the way Chinese men often behave, you may well be right. Morality isn't taught in schools in China anymore.

49 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

I wonder what happened to start that off.

The police told him he couldn't take the skateboard on to the plane as it could be used as a weapon so he decided to demonstrate that it is an ineffective weapon ????????????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2