Student barred from classes over political disagreements with school teacher

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The class ban also puts the educational future of the student at stake, potentially leading to a failure in the subject.

false. thailand has a no fail policy so there is no way somchai can fail. second... whenever i tried to put a student in time out i was told in EVERY school not to do this. so, how can this guy ban the kid from his class. thai school BS once again. and they wonder why their kids continuously fail in ASEAN evaluations.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Finally, someone willing to put their character flaws AND ignorance of educational mores on full display without regard for either dignity or consequences. Well played, “teacher.”  I’ve no doubt my teachers dreamed of scenarios like this almost daily. 

But they were too invested in the educational process to even think of acting on the impulse. So much for agreeing to disagree, l guess. Besides, do teachers really need students to justify their existences? In some cases, attempts to justify their titles and salariy (such as it is) constitute the quintessential fool’s errand. As written, I couldn’t sack this f*kkstick quickly enough. 

Edited by Songlaw
Some errant full stops. ????

Other than "His mother said" followed by very vague detail.

We have no detail on what the issue is and what occured between the teacher and student. Many members are so conditioned, that they are quick to take sides based on nothing but perception.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Gandtee said:

My foster son who spoke English from birth. Well, from an early age, came home from school and said his teacher had told him that he was pronouncing giraffe wrong and don't contradict her. "Giraffe should be pronounced giraffeee because it has an 'e' on the end." He ended up as a public speaker in English.  Maybe the teacher is still there misinforming her pupils and not brooking any disagreement. ????

A few times in my life in school as wellas the military I was reminded of one thing.

Yo may be right and the teacher/ instructor may be wrong BUT it is mind over matter.  What the teacher thinks is all the matters on a multiple answer test.

When looking at Thai testing it is not a answer and justify system it is what is the answer that the teacher wants.

Allof us that hve taught in Thai schools have had students apporach us because they were marked wrong when they actually had the rght answer.  

I used to disagree with my history and political science teachers all the time.  Smetimes I aregures with them sometimes I just kept my mouth shut and listened to what they wanted me to know.

Remember you may be right and win the battle but that does not mean you will win teh war and pass the test. 

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Students here are not only prohibited from questioning their teachers, they can't disagree with them either. How is a bright youth supposed to learn in such an oppressive environment, when curiosity is stomped right out of them? This attitude stems from fear. The teachers don't know enough to be questioned! 

Thailand severely lags behind it's neighbors when it comes to education. It has to be deliberate. There is no other reasonable answer. 

Perhaps you should go tell the Thai parliament how to run their country, as you apparently know better than they do.

As for the OP, in the military when i was in it, politics was a banned topic for discussion given the emotional involvement, and that would do well to be applied in schools as well.

I'm sick to the back teeth with kids that think they have some right to attack adults verbally or physically, and it's time to bring back corporal punishment IMO.

I'd expel the kid.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps you should go tell the Thai parliament how to run their country, as you apparently know better than they do.

As for the OP, in the military when i was in it, politics was a banned topic for discussion given the emotional involvement, and that would do well to be applied in schools as well.

I'm sick to the back teeth with kids that think they have some right to attack adults verbally or physically, and it's time to bring back corporal punishment IMO.

I'd expel the kid.

Parliament could use some advice, as they are doing quite an impressive job of suppressing the will of the people.

And if I were the teacher, I would encourage a discourse. And encourage both curiousity and creativity, rather than stifle the kids with oppression, and rote learning. This was not an attack. This was a question, this could have been a productive discussion, had the closed minded, highly conventional, very conservative, know nothing teacher not been so closed, so typical, so boring, so trite, so easily offended. In the West, kids are encouraged to ask questions. Here, they are taught to never, ever question the teacher, nor the narrative, regardless of the level of ignorance.

11 hours ago, XB12X said:

Sounds like England. If you think only two sexes and two genders exist, you're in deep trouble.

While the whole gendering issue is quite tedious and annoying at times and biologically speaking there are only two genders, there are definitely people that suffer from gender disphoria and you can twist and turn that for as long as you want, doesn't change the fact! 

Since you obviously do not suffer from gender disphoria you are not in a position where you can tell other people whether their gender issues are legitimate! Also, just because you can't or don't want to understand it doesn't mean it's not a real thing. Food for thought!

• Haha 1

On 8/16/2023 at 6:22 PM, SoilSpoil said:

Sounds like your average Thai school teacher and exactly the reason why kids don't express their opinions. 

But this one did. Good for him. Rightly or wrongly, he made his position clear. 

Great future candidate for future government.

Someone who can stand up to bullying!

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd expel the kid.

Wishy washy weak kneed liberal!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Parliament could use some advice, as they are doing quite an impressive job of suppressing the will of the people.

And if I were the teacher, I would encourage a discourse. And encourage both curiousity and creativity, rather than stifle the kids with oppression, and rote learning. This was not an attack. This was a question, this could have been a productive discussion, had the closed minded, highly conventional, very conservative, know nothing teacher not been so closed, so typical, so boring, so trite, so easily offended. In the West, kids are encouraged to ask questions. Here, they are taught to never, ever question the teacher, nor the narrative, regardless of the level of ignorance.

Politics is not a subject that school kids should be discussing with teachers. They should be learning basics like reading and writing. Apparently in some western countries some kids can barely read properly after they leave school, so bad has it become.

I was never in a discussion with teachers, just sat and listened. Didn't harm me and I went on to have 3 successful careers, all of which required me to be able to read, write and do arithmetic. None required a knowledge of politics.

Troubles me when I see kids that can't do mental arithmetic when working in a shop and giving me change. IMO we are not educating kids anymore, as it's all so woke now.