Heartless boss denies leave to woman grieving mother’s death in Thailand

snoop1130

2023-08-17T09_42_09.jpg

A gripping incident on social media unfolded when a young woman posted an exchange with her heartless boss, where her requests for leave were repeatedly denied – even as her mother lay critically ill and eventually passed away. The woman had to navigate the harsh demands of her job when she was urgently needed at home.

The online post narrated a conversation that highlighted the lack of empathy from the woman’s superior at work. It started with her seeking leave to get medication and later asking for time off when her mother’s condition worsened. However, her requests were refused, followed by questions about her possible resignation and orders to provide an official termination letter when her duties were sorted.

The woman details the exchange, asking…

“What did I do wrong? In such situations, should one not be considerate and understanding? Isn’t it too much?”

She also shared screenshots of the chat that demonstrated her superior’s lack of compassion. The conversation after she had taken sick leave in the morning read…

“Could I have more leave, my mother is not doing well, she may not survive today or tomorrow?”

Her heartless supervisor responded with…

“No!”

By Samantha Rose

Caption: Image via The Tennessean

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/heartless-boss-denies-leave-to-grieving-woman-shocking-exchange-goes-viral-in-thailand

-- Thaiger 2023-08-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 10

Not so fondly recall this type of attitude. Attended my Uncle's funeral and so was docked pay. Grandparents covered but not Uncles nor Aunts. I explained all my Grandparents were long since dead and that this Uncle was like a Grandfather in our family. Additionally, my Father was named for him and I from my Father. Nope, not policy. So, I stated that the next time a relative died I would claim it was a Grandparent. The Superintendent said he hoped I would be more professional. I retorted that I had hoped he would have been. He would move on while I remained 41 years as a community educator. A most worthy way to spend my life's breath but you would be correct to observe I retired to Thailand as I cannot afford to be retired in my own country. Later, I would help start a union to resist such paternalistic attitudes.

1 hour ago, AustinRacing said:

But he makes a valid point. What if she’s a regular “my xyz is sick, can’t come to work today” kind of worker or she’s not good at her job. Not often you see people rushing to social media posting such things. Maybe she’s a trouble maker and a liability to her boss. Not saying this is the case here, just possibility. 

You do know that you're a bad person, right?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Many years ago in the UK, I went to work and explained I won't be coming to work for a few days as my mother had just died, they sacked me there and then. 

You should have said, Ive been sacked from better jobs than this

• Haha 2

From the link:

Instead of expressing condolences, the heartless superior inquired whether she intended to resign and asked her to file a resignation form after sorting out her emergency.

I hope the hotel will be asking the same of the supervisor.

• Like 1