PM Prayut Visits Thai Airways Headquarters

webfact

How nice of the prime minister. He could have asked around for some queries many people seem to have.

While Thai Airways have +/- 30 aircraft permanently parked on the tarmac of Suvannaphoum airport (covered engine air inlet and covered cockpit windows) they keep buying new planes as if there is no tomorrow. I have not been back to U-Tapao in a while but back in the day they had parked additional airplanes there as well - for longterm storage. 

Apart from that you find "scrapped" airplanes all over Thailand, on Sukhaphiban road in Bangkok, the Chic Chic market in Nong Khai etc. etc. 

The latest press release which sprang to mind was that Thai Airways made a profit of THB 10 billion. The same day, Thai Smile (a 100% subsidiary of Thai Airways) reported a loss of THB 20 billion and is about to be closed down by the end of 2024. This all looks a little like the Tom-Yam-Goong crisis of 1997, where banks shifted bad debts (they had zillions of 'em) into finance companies they ran which resulted in 56 out of 57 finance companies going belly-up.

Someone should explain the logics behind all this - I for one did not quite understand how this works and I spent years in the aviation industry ???? But, who am I and what do I know! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Deli said:

Collecting the farewell envelope

Could be true.

More to the point:

- Did he request any relevant data comparisons with other airlines?

- Does he know how many of the managerial / strategy staff are from the old TG? And if they are why has he accepted this?

- Did he ask questions about new attitudes and behaviors of check-in staff, telephone staff and cabin crew?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

Unequivocally Jurassic!

Although Prayuth appears younger one can easily tell he has a highly conventional, fossilized mind, incapable of original thought, progressive ideas, or a desire to deal with anything that does not benefit him personally. 

• Haha 1