Anutin Congratulates Srettha on Becoming Prime Minister

webfact

image.jpeg

Anutin Charnvirakul, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health, who also serves as the leader of the Bhumjaithai Party, expressed his delight for Srettha Thavisin, who was elected as the Prime Minister in the parliamentary session. Anutin congratulated Srettha on his election as the Prime Minister.

Regarding the question of whether he will retain his position in the Ministry of Public Health, Anutin mentioned that the current cabinet will remain in place until the new cabinet is formed, and he will continue to serve until the transition takes place, reported INN.

Discussing the quota within the Bhumjaithai Party, Anutin mentioned that talks have taken place, and the new Prime Minister will decide through consultations among the party's leadership.

He stressed the importance of mutual respect and consideration. As for the speculation about the composition of the new cabinet, Anutin indicated that it's necessary to wait for official announcements.

The voting results that led to Srettha Thavisin's election as Prime Minister are seen as a positive sign for addressing conflicts and fostering collaboration.

The Bhumjaithai Party is committed to working diligently and continuously. Anutin emphasized that unity is essential and reiterated the need for understanding and adjusting perspectives.

He noted that discussions about ministerial quotas have occurred within the coalition government, but the final decision rests with the new Prime Minister. Anutin concluded by urging patience for upcoming announcements.

-- ASEAN NOW 2023-08-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, stoner said:

none of this would of happened without you anutin. thailand owes you a debt of gratitude, 

Well he was at the meeting at Leicester City, last game of the season in the EPL, where a lot of what is happening was no doubt discussed... ????

• Thumbs Up 2

55 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Anutin's daughter owns a very large cannabis farm, so I am told.

That will no doubt be feeding the bank accounts. 

Transport Ministry is the most lucrative for kickbacks. 

And there is me, naively believing that Anutin's stance on cannabis was based on a profound belief in it's medicinal properties!

The transport ministry has a steady flow of infrastructure and procurement projects planned for years to come...

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My wife is telling me all sorts of things about the agenda of the new administration including a 600 baht minimum wage, 10,000 baht each for all (poor) Thais, and other goodies. Is this inspired by Mr Anutin? I wonder if Anutin will fight for cannabis again. 

32 minutes ago, retarius said:

My wife is telling me all sorts of things about the agenda of the new administration including a 600 baht minimum wage, 10,000 baht each for all (poor) Thais, and other goodies. Is this inspired by Mr Anutin? I wonder if Anutin will fight for cannabis again. 

No, this is PTP policy not Anutin's.

46 minutes ago, retarius said:

This means that the cost of living will increase by 50% and Thailand will become much less attractive for expats.

52 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

And there is me, naively believing that Anutin's stance on cannabis was based on a profound belief in it's medicinal properties!

Lol. They will never do anything unless money is involved.

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

Why not just bring back mr red bull and let him have a shot at PM....he must be very very smart to have evaded capture all these years?

It's possible his time may come as a Thai politician.

He's got all the required attributes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I have no doubt that Anutin will be PM at some point in the future. 

With 3% of the vote? I highly doubt it.

What's even more disturbing, is that he wants to retain the Health Ministry portfolio, even though the doctors council wrote an open letter stating that they would not work with him again because he was so incompetent.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, retarius said:

Now that the PM business has been dealt with, Srettha should dump all his coalition partners now and form a single alliance with Move Forward. And no way in hell should Anutin get any sort of cabinet post. He's the village idiot.

I am looking forward to a peaceful no coup next 4 years with the current coalition.