Thaksin Slightly Better But Still Needs Oxygen, Room Cooled By Fans

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

THE Police Hospital’s top physician said this afternoon (Aug. 23) that Pheu Thai de facto boss/former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is now slightly better than when he arrived last night but still requires respiratory support and while able to communicates suffers from shortness of breath, Matichon newspaper said.

Pol. Lt. Gen. Sophonrat Singharu, the hospital’s chief physician, added that the team of six doctors taking care of him had forbidden visits and should his family want to move him to a private hospital this would be at the discretion of the Corrections Department.

The department did not inform the hospital in advance that they were rushing Thaksin over because their medical team had already tried to control his high blood pressure but with the sudden onset of chest tightness and low oxygen level  decided to send him here.

by TNR Staff 

TOP: Pheu Thai de facto boss/former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, left, and Police Hospital chief physician Pol. Lt. Gen. Sophonrat Singharu, right, with images of two fans to illustrate how his room is being cooled. Composite photo: Matichon

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/08/23/thaksin-slightly-better-but-still-needs-oxygen-room-cooled-by-fans/

-- THAI NEWSROOM 2023-08-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Now I’m thinking the real reason for this return was so he could die in his homeland and have a Thai traditional funeral.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

Your choice.  Besides, I am talking about individuals who are ill or not feeling well and would be better off by conserving their energy.

Are you a doctor? Because unless a person is deathly ill or fragile and elderly minor variations in outside temperature aren’t going to affect health one way or the other. The human body is not a battery, it is an engine which runs on fuel (glucose from carbohydrates).  Energy comes from glucose/glycogen reserves, burned in the mitochondria of cells.  . As long as you are healthy and not starving your body will maintain internal temperature and metabolism automatically, If you are hot you sweat, if you are cold you shiver, If you’re tired you sleep, no one needs to “conserve” energy due to simply “not feeling well” and outside temperature not being ideal. We have doctors who can diagnose and advise us if need be. As a matter of fact, “common sense” as well medical fact says that if you’re cold you should expend energy (not conserve it) because that creates heat. If you’re hot you slow down because expending less energy creates less heat. If you would like to learn more about metabolism in sickness and health I encourage you to enroll in medical school.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, bradiston said:

I had a mate banged up for 2 and a half years in Klong Prem. They lay head to toe on the floor in the cells. Everything was down to a bribe. Extra floor space, everything. I used to visit whenever in Bangkok. He got out on an annual royal pardon, but not a special one. You just have to wait your turn, be good, help others, maybe teach English, give massages etc etc. Can't see Tony feeling so inclined.

You know what “banged” means in American slang, right? Your mate must have had a heII of a time for those 2 1/2 years!

24 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Are you a doctor? Because unless a person is deathly ill or fragile and elderly minor variations in outside temperature aren’t going to affect health one way or the other. The human body is not a battery, it is an engine which runs on fuel (glucose from carbohydrates).  Energy comes from glucose/glycogen reserves, burned in the mitochondria of cells.  . As long as you are healthy and not starving your body will maintain internal temperature and metabolism automatically, If you are hot you sweat, if you are cold you shiver, If you’re tired you sleep, no one needs to “conserve” energy due to simply “not feeling well” and outside temperature not being ideal. We have doctors who can diagnose and advise us if need be. As a matter of fact, “common sense” as well medical fact says that if you’re cold you should expend energy (not conserve it) because that creates heat. If you’re hot you slow down because expending less energy creates less heat. If you would like to learn more about metabolism in sickness and health I encourage you to enroll in medical school.

www.mayoclinic.org/first-aid/first-aid-shock/basics/art-20056620

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, still kicking said:

So what sentence do you get if you kill 2000 people plus if you are not a billionaire?

If you are referring to Thaksin being responsible for the deaths of drug dealers, I would like to see them all dead. I have read through the years about Thaksin being responsible for the killing of drug dealers.

I am not saying what actually happened as it is only what I have read. But what I have not read is any reference to any person saying that anyone accused or caught dealing drugs was innocent but still killed.

Utter bunk imho.  He's playing the "frail, elderly senior" card.  Considering he's my age?  I find it despicable. 
As a billionaire he has access to the best food, the best trainers, and the best doctors.  "Frail."  Only when you're attempting to weasel out of a prison sentence.  ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

As soon as a pardon is granted on health grounds don’t be surprised to see a fully recouped miracle bouncing up and down giving out his orders to his very good friend the PM maybe they should make a movie on this whole sorry affair I’m sure it would be a box office hit .

Edited by crazykopite

45 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Say no to carbs!

4 hours ago, bannork said:

Oh come on Red, the man is full of manure.

From the time when he brazenly told a court in 2001 that the millions of baht hidden in his servants' names was 'an honest mistake', to this urgent need to get out of jail and direct the new government's cabinet, he has told porkies. 

Yes, he probably did tell porkies, but tell me any senior politician in Thailand or the UK who has not. I only refer to these two countries as they are the only countries I have lived in.

3 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Let him go home. Thailand should not jail political opponents like 3rd world countries do. We are better than that.

I always thought Thailand was a third world country. Surely the fact that a guy with soldiers, guns and tanks behind him, can just walk in, take over the country and be allowed to stay as an unelected PM for nine years with only a Military Academy education and probably have the same low IQ as any Somchai in the street.

Could anything like that happen in a first world country?