Phuket Landlord Shocked At Damage Caused By Foreign Tenant

webfact

22 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Ringer meaning imposter. As in my landlady must be an imposter. 

Also I guess I innocently mistook the person with long hair to be a woman. 

Okay. Thanks. I have no idea why you didn't say imposter when you meant imposter, or how you could misunderstand the very large headline and the opening sentence of the report which stated a landlord and man.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

2 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

You didn't read where the roof is collapsing from water damage in the unit above?  I don't give a <deleted> how much weed he grows or how much Yaa Baa he does, it ain't gonna cause that. ????

Yeah but the tenant could/should have told the owner about the leaky roof to get it repaired and not let it become the mess it is now.

3 hours ago, Drop the dead donkey said:

He is the creator of SHIkea.com

‘SECOND HAND IKEA’

????????

There were #1 "blue steel shelves everywhere" and  2 "all the built in furniture had been removed", #3 It had a leaking roof. This apartment was obviously being used for "something else" other than accommodation. I would have guessed "meth lab" or "hydro Pot growing" in Australia but too much smell. Anyone got any  idea (guess) what he was up to?

IH

PS #1 and #2 point to other uses, not sure if #3 is relevant

2 hours ago, Hakuna Matata said:

What a Ukrainian bastard. Send him to Kupiansk. No more Russian bashing on the Forum ????

It's time for Ukrainian bashing!

The same is happening now in Europe! They are damaging the property everywhere. They don't care. That is not their own property.

yes ,    same thing is happening now in Ukraine!  They are damaging the property of others!   They don't care.

Those damn Russians.   

• Sad 1

Theirs more to this story than were being told. Plus this guy is being allowed to leave the country. I had to pay a bung so myself the misses & baby could leave because we didn't have the babies birth certificate with us at immigration. So a warrant for this guy shouldn't be to much of a problem to stop him leaving.

Has I said theirs more to this story than their letting on.   

• Confused 1

If you rent out a residential property long enough, you will have a bad tenant who will do excessive damage, annoy neighbours and default on rent.  My estimate is around once every 10 or so years.  It is a risk factor that has to be factored in.

3 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

You didn't read where the roof is collapsing from water damage in the unit above?  I don't give a <deleted> how much weed he grows or how much Yaa Baa he does, it ain't gonna cause that. ????

Yes, and mold is caused by excess water not being removed.

1 minute ago, nickmondo said:

that is minor.  but expected from Ukranian or Russian

I have been a landlord for years, and many of my tenants were a whole lot worse than this.

dont know why the bloke is crying about it.

I often wonder how certain nationalities feel when someone trashes them here. In this one topic, now I hear this kind of behavior is "expected" from Ukranian or Russian". Another one won't rent from Canadians or Brits because they had a bad episode from two people. I hear it a lot about Americans, but it doesn't bother me for two reasons. The ignorant will always remain that way, and there are no real Americans anyway. All of our ancestors come from every country on earth. It's just a piece of land where they ended up. Brits, Thais, Italians, Russians, Germans, French, Spanish, Mexicans, Swedes, etc etc etc, all are Americans when they live there. Do you posters realize you're again condemning a whole nationality based on a few problems with a couple? This more than anything else shows who you are conversing with,and their beliefs. Adults should know better, but this is why kids act this way also. It's taught first at home, then it goes out into public and s**t happens and people are hurt and die. Gets old after awhile.

• Confused 1

"...........with the leaky roof almost collapsing and mould growing on the walls,"...........

I don't think that the tenant can be blamed for THAT!

"but it seems he is getting ready to catch a flight out of the country tomorrow (Aug. 25)."

"He added that he would like an entry ban imposed on this tenant as he still has a valid lease to continue living in the house and he was afraid if he did so more destruction would occur."

If he is planning to leave the country tomorrow, I don't think he is planning to continue living in the house, and has probably realised already that there is not much chance of getting his deposit back!

(Not condoning his behaviour by the way!)

7 hours ago, pomchop said:

Contrary to what a lot of people seem to think being an owner of rental properties is not always a big bowl of cherries.

Some of the stuff i have seen from past tenants in the usa were truly disgusting and good luck every having enough deposit to cover it as they also often just stall on paying rent for a while then disappear in the middle of the night....take them to court and get a judgement but good luck collecting.

And of course it is idiots like this that make it tough on the many normal decent tenants....it is not always easy to tell the good ones from the horrible ones when renting as most come across as being ok until they turn into a xxxx holes like this guy obviously was/is.

"Contrary to what a lot of people seem to think being an owner of rental properties is not always a big bowl of cherries."

Hurrah to that! I sold my house in my old home country a couple of years ag after renting it out for many years, and made the right decision - the hassles of finding suitable tenants are only the first problems. Local councils seem to be going out of their way to make it more and more difficult for "small" landlords - making new rules and regulations that are tailored more for the "big bad boys" in property rental but not differentiating between the two (Like Peter Rachman - Google it)

I had to tailor my 2 bedroomed terrace house to the same specifications as a 6 to 8 bedroomed house built primarily for student lets, and all the forms required that have to be filled out in order to "register" your property seem to change monthly - and if you have not complied - big fines will follow! 

8 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

What was he thinking.... Full compensation to the owner, 10 year ban from the country and forced conscription to fight the Russians.

690,000 baht ? ahem

it is obvious there was mold in the house possibility from poor construction, some of the photos don't make sense (aircon on wall) 

Tennant should have informed landlord - but I feel we are not getting the whole story here

looks like the house was stripped - doors etc all gone 

Edited by smedly
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Bundooman said:

It looks like a different set of rooms.

The floor tiles appear different.

The door leading to the outside is closed. Could it be that the view is different?

Why would the tenant remove the door? (Or anything else for that matter).

Why isn't there any signs of dirt, garbage or other indicators that this tenant was using it as a drug producing base?

The owner reported the damage to police "who have summoned the Ukrainian tenant but it seems he is getting ready to catch a flight out of the country tomorrow (Aug. 25). Why should that imply a reluctance to prevent him leaving?

The landlord also added :that he would like an entry ban imposed on this tenant".

Why would he do that, but not impose an exit ban.

Could this be a Russian propaganda story meant to discredit a Ukrainian?

By a landlord who goes by the name of 'Mercedes P. BenzZaa"?

doesn't make any sense, I'm calling the whole thing BS, the length people will go to keep deposit

so the tennant removed a cupboard and then installed an aircon unit on the same wall while removing all the doors ?, I am thinking the landlord did all this himself and is making up things

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

The landlord, Facebook user Mercedes P. BenzZaa, told Phuket Times news service that he has reported the damage to police who have summoned the Ukrainian tenant but it seems he is getting ready to catch a flight out of the country tomorrow (Aug. 25).

Then catch him in the way out....  They have his details... 

I owed money to a hospital after the insurance reigned on their pre-authorisation and left me footing the bill...  hospital were chasing me, I had to pay up or run the risk of getting flagged on departure which could prove extreme inconvenient. 

Haven't landlords file formal police complaints before and Immigration have stopped people departing ? I'm sure I've read of such. 

Whatever the backstory here, the place was trashed, this clearly needs an explanation from the Ukranian.