The Memo: Judge scrambles election with decision on Trump trial date

Social Media

5 hours ago, placeholder said:

Clearly you don't know that the reason that the trial didn't take place much earlier is that Trump's legal team kept on filing frivolous motions which were repeatedly denied but were time consuming. And the ridiculous to delay the trial for 3 years is of a piece with that.

Frivolous! Justice must be seen to be the guiding light and consider the fact that in the course of discovery, were the Trump team of lawyers able to process 1000 pages a day, the entire document of the indictment would take in excess of 10 years to be completed 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Looking back at other requests for postponement until later, I imagine courts have heard,

Saddam: "That date isn't convenient as it is the day before I have an important meeting to invade somewhere."

Goering: "The Nuremburg trial needs to be postponed as I have an important event in Paraguay to attend the day before."

Julius and Ethel Rosenberg: "The trial date is inconvenient as we have a super appointment with Stalin in Moscow the day before."

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I doubt courts consider plaintiff appointments.

Actually the do unless you are charged with murder or rape. Your bias is on show.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 3

24 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I am in little doubt that the people running Black Lives Matter are corrupt, and have hijacked the organisation, meant to help African Americans, and have turned it, and particularly it's financial operations, to benefit them. That needs to be thoroughly investigated and if necessary prosecuted. That is going to be difficult in America's poisonous and polarised racial environment, but it needs to be done.

It has nothing, nothing, to do with the racially inspired comments on this judge, and on the Georgia District Attorney. Trump is making/engineering them because he knows that such filthy behaviour will appeal to his base. Suggestions that a photograph reveal the judge to be "evil scum" are pretty much par for the course with this bigoted small minded and ignorant camp.

Now I said that America has a poisonous and polarised racial environment. That arises from a deep seated and significant white supremacist faction which is both numerous and politically powerful in American society, a society which whilst preaching freedom and equality for all peoples has, since the formation of the Republic, initially basically exterminated it's indigenous peoples, and then set about it's black community. Freed from slavery yes, but then subjected to political, social, economic, educational, religious and penal segregation for the subsequent 150 years. Goodness me, arguably more oppressive than anything to come out of southern Africa.

That last paragraph are my personal opinions, there again no more ridiculous (much less in fact) than deducing and declaring the essentials of this judges character and her fitness to preside from a photograph!  I suspect that the sexist and racist rubbishing of Trump's prosecutors and judges bear out my opinions; just wait until we get to jury selection!

Take the blinkers off. That judge gave a white guy 5 years jail for protesting. In Oz he gets a month.

• Sad 2