Thaksin suffering “fatigue and stress” in hospital : Paetongtarn

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Songlaw said:

In the most archaic, draconian, and unnecessary manner possible, he took the idiocy of the Americans’ so-called war on drugs and pumped it full of steroids - before turning it against his own brethren. Countless individuals suffered, and families went decades without mercy or any hope for their loved ones ever coming home - over marijuana no less, more often than amphetamines. They didn’t randomly P-test for yaba before extracting every last baht from tourists/foreigners either. A bit of suffering would seem fitting for a remorseless individual who, given the opportunity, would probably reinstate the same measures immediately. Small-minded vindictiveness and extreme cruelty are the only aspects of his reign that actually move the needle for me. Totally overshadowing what were, for the time, some seemingly progressive and societally beneficial measures undertaken by his administration, in my not-so-humble opinion.  

how many did he kill?

Now I could be miles (km's) out but with my limited understanding of how Thais think and their pre-occupation with money I imagine things have gone this way:

Thaksin has planned the timing considering the political vacuum at the moment to ask the powers in charge if he can come back and be with his family during his last days on earth.  Those in charge reply by saying Thaksin you are a criminal who has been convicted of using your position in government to gain financially thus robbing the Thai people and you need to pay for that crime.  And here we have the classic position where in Thailand you either serve your time or you pay for not doing it.  Thaksin has the cash to pay plus appropriate (exhorbitant) interest rates and fines.  Thaksin will get to go free but not in a hurry so as to make it look at least the tinyest bit legit like Thaksin's health suffering etc etc. And just to make sure he doesnt re-offend Thaksin will pledge he has decided to retire from politics (aka banned).

Thaksin has paid but now he is fatigued from signing all those cheques and stressed about whether or not those in charge will keep their end of the deal.

Just my thoughts.

6 hours ago, Songlaw said:

In the most archaic, draconian, and unnecessary manner possible, he took the idiocy of the Americans’ so-called war on drugs and pumped it full of steroids - before turning it against his own brethren. Countless individuals suffered, and families went decades without mercy or any hope for their loved ones ever coming home - over marijuana no less, more often than amphetamines. They didn’t randomly P-test for yaba before extracting every last baht from tourists/foreigners either. A bit of suffering would seem fitting for a remorseless individual who, given the opportunity, would probably reinstate the same measures immediately. Small-minded vindictiveness and extreme cruelty are the only aspects of his reign that actually move the needle for me. Totally overshadowing what were, for the time, some seemingly progressive and societally beneficial measures undertaken by his administration, in my not-so-humble opinion.  

At least the druggies were shot on sight and not the slow suffering inflicted on the Muslim protesters who were bound and stacked on top of each other in sea containers without water or any ventilation while shipped off to prison.  Some 85 souls died through slow suffocation and dehydration.  Thaksi n praised his officers handling of the situation.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

and a lot ended up dead

False.

My subject was "highly mutated" COVID strains which are circulating now, not a few years ago pre vaccines.

Almost nobody is dying now if they're fully vaxxed and boosted.

Fact 

You too don't know what you're talking about. ????

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

At least the druggies were shot on sight and not the slow suffering inflicted on the Muslim protesters who were bound and stacked on top of each other in sea containers without water or any ventilation while shipped off to prison.  Some 85 souls died through slow suffocation and dehydration.  Thaksi n praised his officers handling of the situation.  

Thaksin said they suffocated because they were weak from fasting at Ramadan 

• Haha 1

Serious question- exactly what treatment is he getting that requires him staying in the hospital? Intubation? Continuous heart surgery? Medication, diet, and lifestyle changes are the most common treatments, all of which can be done in a prison cell.

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

ing.jpg

Paetongtarn Shinawatra said on Tuesday that her father, Thaksin, who is receiving medical treatment at the Police General Hospital, is still under stress and suffering the after effects of COVID-19.

Paetongtarn was speaking at a press conference at Pheu Thai headquarters after visiting her father on Monday.

“My father is suffering from fatigue, as you could see when he returned to Thailand on August 22. He is under a lot of stress.”

She claimed she had learnt at the same time as the media that Thaksin had been transferred from the Corrections Department to the Police General Hospital.

“In 2020, my father was infected with COVID-19 which, at that time, lacked medication to treat it. He was in the ICU for nine days and lost about 10 kilogrammes,” she said.

Her father tried to exercise when he was free of the virus, but this was a challenge at 74 years old, plus he was stressed.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thaksin-suffering-fatigue-and-stress-in-hospital-paetongtarn/

-- Thai PBS 2023-08-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Too much Muay Thai in his Dubai house according to his twitter account??

23 hours ago, david555 said:

Look what happened when with mouse hoovering over all this posts ????

Sorry guy's the funny Gif seems to be removed ???? by the ....X....  probably on demand of " the frustrated Anti -T frustrated gang "

.......nevertheless the Anti-Thaksin gang knows they go bite the dust anyway ????..... on high level planned , decided , and just in waiting  days, weeks ....month's for now ????

Edited by david555

Is it not obvious what's going on? The "illness" is all part of the rehabilitation scam. The deal has already been done. Thaksin has only to spend a bit of time in the cooler for appearances' sake.

The military had only one option left open to them. Step 1 of that plan was to suppress MFP. Step 2 was getting in bed with Pheu Thai, which was so incredible it could only be in return for (Step 3) letting Thaksin back in.

Once the dust has settled, we'll see the deep state working to neutralise, for one concocted reason after another, the members of the alliance they don't like and wriggle back into something like full control.  It was the only option they had left open to them to retain some power. You have to admire their cunning, once again.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

Is it not obvious what's going on? The "illness" is all part of the rehabilitation scam. The deal has already been done. Thaksin has only to spend a bit of time in the cooler for appearances' sake.

The military had only one option left open to them. Step 1 of that plan was to suppress MFP. Step 2 was getting in bed with Pheu Thai, which was so incredible it could only be in return for (Step 3) letting Thaksin back in.

Once the dust has settled, we'll see the deep state working to neutralise, for one concocted reason after another, the members of the alliance they don't like and wriggle back into something like full control.  It was the only option they had left open to them to retain some power. You have to admire their cunning, once again.

All party's needed each-other , MFP could not do anything without PT , and as PT is not against the Royal H. and MFP blocked themself with a Vote winning  112 ....but impossible to realize this  next decade ....

So PT was the "kingmaker"... and for a price ....

And the military could not loose Face  (we all know how Thais are touchy for that ) to reverse the kangaroo verdicts for Thaksin and Yingluck (next one to be aranged .....) they found this setting , as best  solution and in progress  now .

Politics .... you know  same as in all country's

(This just my personal view on it  )

Edited by david555

1 hour ago, Sunderland said:

This is the worst movie ever. No wonder the cinemas struggle to sell tickets.

Might be because you don't like the Happy ending ....?

Edited by david555

1 hour ago, david555 said:

All party's needed each-other , MFP could not do anything without PT , and as PT is not against the Royal H. and MFP blocked themself with a Vote winning  112 ....but impossible to realize this  next decade ....

And the military could not loose Face  (we all know how Thais are touchy for that ) to reverse the kangaroo verdicts for Thaksin and Yingluck (next one to be aranged .....) they found this setting , as best  solution and in progress  now .

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Your comments are plausible.

The one thing that I find odd in this scenario is that the outcome could look as if the military/controlling influences have been walked all over. That just doesn't sound right to me given the incidence of coups in this country.

On 8/29/2023 at 10:46 PM, greg71 said:

Playing tennis in Singapore before his arrival , shopping for a rolex in Hong Kong , upscale birthday party with Hun Sen must be terribly fatiguing and stressful .

The stress is caused by waiting for his pardon, I'm wondering if Yingluck will be next in line for a pardon after Mr Thaksin gets his.

On 8/30/2023 at 12:55 PM, malibukid said:

how many did he kill?

Why don’t you ask him? I’d certainly like to see how he’d answer. Conversely, you could ask how many he supposedly saved? Either way, I would expect a convoluted answer. 

On 8/30/2023 at 1:41 PM, ThaiFelix said:

He was clearly a sweetheart of a guy in many respects. I didn’t know about the particulars of his treatment of Muslims. But if he were to look at global standards for their treatment, especially in China, he might have been convinced it was all in good fun. 

On 8/30/2023 at 9:23 AM, bristolgeoff said:

He seemed fine before the trip a doctors checked him.A party with hung seng all was good.Now in thailand in  the 5 star hospital wing.It has all gone down hill since he arrived that seems strange only

Dodgy shrimp cocktail on the 2 hour flight from Singapore.?