Biden biographer says it ‘wouldn’t be a total shock’ if president drops out of 2024 race

Social Media

25 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Here's a link here 

Provisional data from 2021 show that overall life expectancy across all racial/ethnic groups was 76.1 years (Figure 14). Life expectancy for Black people was only 70.8 years compared to 76.4 years for White people and 77.7 years for Hispanic people.

https://www.kff.org/racial-equity-and-health-policy/report/key-data-on-health-and-health-care-by-race-and-ethnicity/#:~:text=Provisional data from 2021 show,77.7 years for Hispanic people.

I said rich and white. Try this statistic instead if you want to focus on reality.

Screen_Shot_2018_01_08_at_10.35.48_AM.pn

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/1/9/16860994/life-expectancy-us-income-inequality

On 9/4/2023 at 10:12 AM, pomchop said:

My guess....and only a guess...is that trump will NOT be the repub nominee as the full weight of his alleged crimes comes crashing down and repubs finally figure out he is a LOSER....I would also guess that a lot of dems hope trump IS the nominee as he will once again be a LOSER and Biden will win in a landslide.

IF it is not trump and ended up somebody like nikki haley she could be a formidable opponent as she is already attacking the age issue and she could likely draw a substantial number of women....of course haley may be a bit too sane for the cult but sooner or later even the cult may finally admit  that the emperor has no clothes.

I watched Nikki Haley in a brief interview. She made quite a lot of sense, as did Chris what's his name - his weight however will be a handicap, irrespective of the remarkable size of many electors.

The problem they both have is that the Republicans have first to emerge from the dark hole which Trump has dragged them down, and that is not going to happen any time soon, certainly not in time for November 2024. It's a bit like hoping that Adolf Hitler would take the hint in July 1944 and stand down for someone who could arrange an armistice! Trump will pull the Republicans down with him in a sort of political gotterdamerung! They will have to start again in the wreckage.

If the Democrats have any sense then they will have an alternative waiting in the wings - after all, he/she probably doesn't need to change the Biden administrations policies.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/4/2023 at 2:11 PM, Trippy said:

The Hunter special council was just appointed last month, after the FBI has had the laptop since at least 2019 and have done nothing with it.

There were many snitches testifying before congress the last few months, but unless the DOJ investigates their allegations nothing will ever happen.

It's not fox news babble, it's unbiased common sense to know that something stinks.

There's also been reports that nothing interesting was found in the laptop.

• Haha 1

On 9/4/2023 at 1:25 PM, Social Media said:

“I would say it would, it would be a surprise to me. But it wouldn’t be a total surprise,” Foer said, adding that “it wouldn’t be a total shock.”

IMO, the problem for the dems is ensuring that he doesn't do something so outrageous that he just can't be propped up till the election.

Given his appearance on recent tv spots, I'd only be surprised if he lasted more than 6 months as POTUS before handing it over to harris.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Slickrick said:

Yes, I heard he was in the mix but don't think he would get to far.  The only person who would do well is M. Obama.

Why would she return from their Hawaiian idyl in that beachfront mansion to endure 4 years of vitriolic attacks, which seems to be the fate of any POTUS these days?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, stevenl said:

The swamp was too strong? What a load of crock, he is a criminal who surrounded himself with other criminals.

and yet, despite 4 years of trying to convict him of something, they failed every time.

Three years on and they have still failed in criminal court to convict him of anything.

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why would she return from their Hawaiian idyl in that beachfront mansion to endure 4 years of vitriolic attacks, which seems to be the fate of any POTUS these days?

She is the only one who would do well "if" she wanted it.  No don't think she wants all that goes with this.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Apparently, you now believe that the Obamas live in a mansion in Hawaii? You got a link to a source for that?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, pomchop said:

patience...a sitting president can not be indicted criminally.....trump will get his days in court soon enough for his 91 charged felonies and he will most likely be a convicted criminal felon...

Maybe.  But what's it say that your guy is polling neck and neck with a guy who's been charged with 91 felonies?

I'm still betting Biden will have a health care incident and will not make it to Nov, 24.  Trump is 50-50 whether he'll survive the legal battles to become the candidate.

6 minutes ago, pomchop said:

it says that in spite of having done a good job biden's age is a major factor and that a lot of voters are more caught up in a cult than in picking the person who continues to deliver results to people with health care, prescript drugs, job and wage growth, massive infrastructure, one of lowest inflation rates in the world and doing it all without calling everybody names like a 12 y.o. kid. and threatening to "suspend the constitution".

Wall Street Journal poll published Monday still found that 63% of voters disapproved of the president's handling of the issue, while 59% disapproved of how he's handled the economy overall.

20 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and yet, despite 4 years of trying to convict him of something, they failed every time.

Three years on and they have still failed in criminal court to convict him of anything.

Be patient the law is getting closer and closer as I’m sure even you can see many are getting arrested (MAGA)lol remember his remarks during the debates when questioned about his pandering to the proud boys his verbatim response to them was stand back and stand by on national tv with tens of millions of witnesses lol ???? and just what happened to the folks he said that to??they are in the penitentiary and rightly angry ???? my hope is trump ends up in there with them!it’s were he belongs lock him up!!

On 9/6/2023 at 12:17 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Trump with a list of trivial offences.

Biden family with $100s millions in bribes in their accounts.

Yet Trump is the crook .......... America just doesn't make much sense to me!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/6/2023 at 5:27 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO, the problem for the dems is ensuring that he doesn't do something so outrageous that he just can't be propped up till the election.

Given his appearance on recent tv spots, I'd only be surprised if he lasted more than 6 months as POTUS before handing it over to harris.

I think Kamala IS the problem. Nobody wants her as nominee but the Dems are too afraid of the repercussions of giving her the elbow. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Trump with a list of trivial offences.

Biden family with $100s millions in bribes in their accounts.

Yet Trump is the crook .......... America just doesn't make much sense to me!

and Jared kushner with billions ...a nice Jewish boy that the Saudis out of the blue  just decided to lay a few billion on  but of course lets all whine about hunter and maybe a few million...

meantime 91 felonies is not exactly what any normal person would call trivial offences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2023 at 8:25 AM, Social Media said:

I’m not a gerontologist and I can’t predict how the next couple of years will age Joe Biden

You don't ned to be an expert to know he is past it, and the next couple of years he'll go downhill quickly. 

• Like 1

The CNN poll, released Thursday and conducted by SSRS, found that 46 percent of registered voters said any Republican presidential nominee would be better than Biden in next year’s election, while 32 percent said the sitting president would be a better choice than any of the GOP hopefuls.

In comparison, 44 percent said that any Democratic nominee would be better than former President Trump, while 38 percent say the former president is better than any Democratic nominee.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4191547-almost-half-in-new-poll-say-any-republican-would-be-better-than-biden/