I have not been to Pattaya in nearly 20 years. Tell me what I should do when I visit next month.

Adumbration

On 9/5/2023 at 9:33 AM, Adumbration said:

Thank to everyone for you input.

However no mention of any bars, clubs or night venues yet?

If you stay at the Queen Victoria on Soi 6, you will probably never leave that Soi for the entirety of your trip!!!

• Haha 1

On 9/4/2023 at 4:26 PM, Adumbration said:

I am not a two week millionaire.  And I speak pretty good Thai.  

If you behave like that, the demi-mondaines won't touch you with a bargepole. They're after the two-week millionaire-like 'fresh meat' experience and not the old 'falang loo-mahk'.

Edited by NanLaew

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

If you behave like that, the demi-mondaines won't touch you with a bargepole. They're after the two-week millionaire-like 'fresh meat' experience and not the old 'falang loo-mahk'.

It is not my first rodeo and I seldom use Thai in front of bargirls.

It is entirely correct that as soon as they catch on you are tantamount to cryptonite.

But it is not because they cannot BS you.  It is because they know they cannot BS your friends or anyone sitting within earshot of my location.

It is rather depressing over the years listening in to the comments some girls make about their teeraks.

But is fun on occassion when they have been sh*t canning someone for a half hour or more to suddenly break into their conversation in Thai.

It does work on the odd occassion however.  I remember a million years ago in a bar at Kamala.  There was this stunning 20 something girl newly arrived.  There was this fat slob of a New Yorker there, loudest guy in the room of course, and he had already rang up several K in ladydrinks trying to impress this lass and the other girls in the bar.

I walked straight in between them and started chatting with her in Thai.  She was very receptive. Was not actually working at the bar (but was thinking about it), had a sales job in Bangkok, and just wanted to check it out because her friend worked there.  I asked her if she would like to come to Patong with me and have dinner.  She said yes and we headed for the door.  The Yank was livid.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, morrobay said:

Well said Indeed. Also if you are a non-smoker try and avoid being downwind from these hoards of cigarette smoking korean male clones. I ask them when passing if they came to Pattaya to smoke cigarettes. Worse than the chinese. 

Like to sit on a street corner in Pattaya? People watching, traffic watching?

During 1 afternoon session you will probably have inhaled toxic traffic exhaust equalling smoking 2 packs of cigatettes.

Non smokers should avoid this place like the devil is avoiding "holy water".

• Sad 1