Pheu Thai Govt To Be Slammed If ‘Inmate’ Thaksin Allowed Out Of Jail For Long: Academic

webfact

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

The reds however were motivated, trouble is now they've been screwed by their own party and they don't know what to do.

I think they've got a fair idea. It's called MFP.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

The reds however were motivated, trouble is now they've been screwed by their own party and they don't know what to do.

I think they've got a fair idea. It's called MFP.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

The rich get a free pass, the public get jail?

nothing to do about haters.

Oh  yeah! "nothing to do with haters"? 

A. N. just mentioning Mr T brings them out like Pavlovian dogs. 

Now these haters are all medical experts. Even the OP got a dig in by using inverted commas around the word illnesses. This suggests that the doctors describing Mr T's

cardiac and other problems are telling lies. 

No haters? My bottom! 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

THE CONFIDENCE of the Pheu Thai-led government under Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin will be adversely affected if de facto party boss Thaksin Shinawatra continues to literally keep himself as a convicted inmate out of jail for longer than appropriate, according to a noted academic.

Thammasat University law lecturer Prinya Thaewanarumitkul has posted on his Facebook page to say the Pheu Thai-led government will almost certainly be taken to task by members of society for allegedly applying double standards in favour of the former prime minister who might possibly be allowed to literally keep himself outside of Bangkok Remand Prison after he has recovered from “illnesses” at Police Hospital or any other hospital.

Prinya commented that the Srettha government’s integrity and stability will be more or less affected if the de facto Pheu Thai boss manages to literally keep himself out of jail, given a contentious excuse of “illnesses” such as a cardiac disease.

In the mid-morning of Aug.22, Thaksin was  brought from Don Mueang airport to the Supreme Court and then to Bangkok Remand Prison where he stayed barely a half day before he was transferred in the middle of the night to Police Hospital where he has been admitted for “illnesses” since.

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

Pheu Thai de facto boss Thaksin Shinawatra upon his arrival at Don Mueang Airport on Aug. 22, 2023. Photo: Sanook.com

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/09/05/pheu-thai-govt-to-be-slammed-if-inmate-thaksin-allowed-out-of-jail-for-long-academic/

-- THAI NEWSROOM 2023-09-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

What government? What confidence? What integrity ? What are they dreaming of at night? What will "people" do? Throw noodle soup and empty brown envelopes? Before or after the promised 10thousand Baht wallet ?

3 hours ago, smedly said:

that ship has sailed, you are now in bed with sworn enemies - call an election tomorrow and see how the thai people respond, you have no right to be in government since you broke pretty much all of you election pledges, in fact that could be challenged in court if the judges weren't corrupt,  not so pretty political landscape - no surprise is it

I didn't hear you complain so piously about the Prayut government? And that was a military coup. At least Srettha did things legally, even if you don't like him.

• Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is this an attempt by an ex-PAD leader to stir up yellow shirts sentiments? K Prinya must be dissappointed that no yellow shirts demonstrated when Thaksin returned to Bangkok and no demonstration henceforth. Prinya must come to terms that the yellow shirts are passe. He should reflect on his role that threw the country into a decade of colour polarization, suffering for the general public and 2 coups. He is a public figure and should be more guarded in his allegations. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Only people upset are elites, royalist, and military (not in on the con), but they will get over it. PT has sold their sole to the those very same people, and now THA has a puppet for a PM who is controlled by the very people who hate Thaksin the most. Most PT followers are poor people from the NE and north who don't see what's happening (or care) as they all still love Thaskin and think PT is doing wonderful things to move the kingdom forward. The country's politics are as disfunctional now as they've ever been. Same same but different.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, smedly said:

that ship has sailed, you are now in bed with sworn enemies - call an election tomorrow and see how the thai people respond, you have no right to be in government since you broke pretty much all of you election pledges, in fact that could be challenged in court if the judges weren't corrupt,  not so pretty political landscape - no surprise is it

In other news, Reagan said he was going to sign off on the biggest tax cuts in US history, and he did. The following year, he started to raise them and introduce some more.

George H.W. Bush said, "Read my lips. No new taxes." Then he approved new taxes.

Every sitting POTUS since Eisenhower has stated in their first speech after being elected that they will end the US's dependence on imported oil. None of them have.

Boris Johnson said he had an oven-ready Brexit deal ready to be done. But he hadn't.

What's your issue with election pledges again?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1duckyboy said:

I don't understand whey there isn't a public outcry against the election stealing, broken promises and Thaksin's anticipated early release. The Thai people seem so apathetic. 

They momentarily threw their hand in with a one-trick pony called Pita until someone popped his ONLY balloon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, retarius said:

I didn't hear you complain so piously about the Prayut government? And that was a military coup. At least Srettha did things legally, even if you don't like him.

did you just wake up after a long sleep for 5 or more years

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

So how long do you think it’ll take him to recover at the hospital? TIT

Four months is the norm for improvised heart disease, which coincidentally corresponds with when he will be able to walk out of the hospital as a free man. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Red Forever said:

Oh  yeah! "nothing to do with haters"? 

A. N. just mentioning Mr T brings them out like Pavlovian dogs. 

Now these haters are all medical experts. Even the OP got a dig in by using inverted commas around the word illnesses. This suggests that the doctors describing Mr T's cardiac and other problems are telling lies. 

No haters? My bottom! 

... quotes suggest doctors describing Mr T's cardiac and other problems are lying.

LOL.  Written (with quotes) by a top Thai journalist Nina Suebsukcharoen. Not AN 'hate'.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, smedly said:

I always seem to agree with your posts, and I do not doubt what both you and OneMoreFarang say about Thaksin, but my mind goes back to when I first came to live in Thailand in the later stages of his Premiership.

I compare Thailand with what it was like then and the way it is now. All my farang friends back then were happy, with most of them doing a 90 day borders hop and the odd one or two with the 800,000 Bt in their bank.

Now, as I do not agree with that method, I have agents fee's and 90 day reporting to do which was not the case under Thaksin.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

there will be many reasons to reduce his sentence in the coming weeks so he doesn't stay in the hospital for long anymore... Trust in Pheu Thai is already gone, as they formed a Government with the army based parties instead of fighting them. And more promises use din the election will be broken.... The Government won't stay long in office

So Srettha is similar to the last PM by being unelected by the Thai people? So that just makes him an unelected PM except that he is not a soldier and did not lead a coup.