Outrage over Abbas's antisemitic speech on Jews and Holocaust

Social Media

23 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Blah, blah, blah...

You have posted five times with  six links in less than 30 minutes and "blah blah blah" is the only thing you have written in those posts .

Couldn't you put a bit of effort into your posts and write something , rather than just firing links (which I doubt whether anyone even opens and reads) . 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I haven't really studied the aspects of the settlements , so I cannot give an opinion 

Then why are you here? That was the first point that I made in this entire conversation. You have given plenty of opinions but when faced with having to provide a direct answer to a pointed question, you demur.

Moreover, you should be aware that settlements are the most contentious point in the entire Israeli - Palestinian relationship. To suggest that you are not is at least disingenuous.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You have posted five times with  six links in less than 30 minutes and "blah blah blah" is the only thing you have written in those posts .

Couldn't you put a bit of effort into your posts and write something , rather than just firing links (which I doubt whether anyone even opens and reads) . 

The simple three word “Blah, blah, blah” post has more substance than your fifty nonsense filled efforts.

Click on a link.

Read.

Take a minute to educate yourself.

You’ll become a much more interesting poster if you actually bother to gather a little knowledge on the subject at hand.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Then why are you here? That was the first point that I made in this entire conversation. You have given plenty of opinions but when faced with having to provide a direct answer to a pointed question, you demur.

This thread isn't about settlements .

I don't have much knowledge about the effects of the settlements in the West bank .

Are you expecting me to give an opinion on a topic that I don't have much knowledge about ?

What is your opinion on the 11 000 Children killed in a current  on going  war in Israelis neighbouring Country ?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

This thread isn't about settlements .

I don't have much knowledge about the effects of the settlements in the West bank .

Are you expecting me to give an opinion on a topic that I don't have much knowledge about ?

What is your opinion on the 11 000 Children killed in a current  on going  war in Israelis neighbouring Country ?

This topic is about Israeli - Palestinian relations. It is not about neighbouring countries.

6 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

The simple three word “Blah, blah, blah” post has more substance than your fifty nonsense filled efforts.

Click on a link.

Read.

Take a minute to educate yourself.

You’ll become a much more interesting poster if you actually bother to gather a little knowledge on the subject at hand.

Could you go and get me a link about settlements in the West bank and their effects on the local population as I have been asked to give an opinion ?

I'll wait there whilst you go and get them ,Thanks  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Could you go and get me a link about settlements in the West bank and their effects on the local population as I have been asked to give an opinion ?

I'll wait there whilst you go and get them ,Thanks  

You came across as sufficiently expert as to be able to call me antisemite. Now you profess to not knowing the subject at all. Maybe stay out of threads you know little about or at least refrain from accusing people who might as being antisemitic?

• Love It 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You came across as sufficiently expert as to be able to call me antisemite. Now you profess to not knowing the subject at all. Maybe stay out of threads you know little about or at least refrain from accusing people who might as being antisemitic?

You made anti sematic remarks , comparing Nazi Germany to contemporary  Israel is the definition of anti Semitism and I provided links to show it wasn't just my opinion . 

Once again, this thread isn't about settlements and maybe it would be good idea for you to do as I do , that is not commenting on subjects that you have little knowledge about .  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You made anti sematic remarks , comparing Nazi Germany to contemporary  Israel is the definition of anti Semitism and I provided links to show it wasn't just my opinion . 

Once again, this thread isn't about settlements and maybe it would be good idea for you to do as I do , that is not commenting on subjects that you have little knowledge about .  

I provided a definition of antisemitism. Comparing nazi Germany with modern Israel is not consistent with that definition.

Edited by ozimoron

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You have little to no knowledge about the content of your own posts.

Israeli’s are saying that there are neo nazi ministers in their current government. Do you think these Israeli’s are antisemites?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Any national action which I consider genocide can be fairly described as nazi. Illegal settlements are genocide. There's no religious aspect to this. You can't deny there are many nazis in Israel and you can't describe them as being antisemite. Try to draw a distinction between fair and legitimate criticism of Israel, no matter how harsh that criticism is and antisemitism. Nothing prevents Israel form achieving nazi status and it;s well on the way there if not already, by its actions and policies alone.

Total garbage!

The most prominent feature of Nazism is the goal of exterminating every Jew (religious or not) on the planet.

In Hitler's time the Jewish state didn't exist, but he had promised the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem to exterminate all the Jews in the region of Palestine as well. 

Just stop it, dude.

Say fascist instead.

I definitely see fascism in Israeli government.

I don't see a Nazi government in Israel.

Even if the Arabs took over and killed all the Jews in the region, they wouldn't be Nazis. 

Nazi is very specific.

If you're talking genocide, every genocide except one in the history of the world (Putin currently has genocidal intentions towards Ukraine) was not Nazi. 

The holocaust was by the Nazis.

Is this too difficult for you to comprehend?

I can't believe that you don't get that your Nazi game is massively inflammatory and yes antisemitic. 

It's not necessary to make all of your critical points.

But you clearly love flaming too much. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

You are posting links that you need to pay to read them .

That does kind of show that no one even bothered to open the link  

"30% OFF HAARETZ.COM SUBSCRIPTION

On-the-ground reporting and analysis from Israel

SUBSCRIBE

This is a subscriber-only article."

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Total garbage!

The most prominent feature of Nazism is the goal of exterminating every Jew (religious or not) on the planet.

In Hitler's time the Jewish state didn't exist, but he had promised the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem to exterminate all the Jews in the region of Palestine as well. 

Just stop it, dude.

Say fascist instead.

I definitely see fascism in Israeli government.

I don't see a Nazi government in Israel.

Even if the Arabs took over and killed all the Jews in the region, they wouldn't be Nazis. 

Nazi is very specific.

If you're talking genocide, every genocide except one in the history of the world (Putin currently has genocidal intentions towards Ukraine) was not Nazi. 

The holocaust was by the Nazis.

Is this too difficult for you to comprehend?

I can't believe that you don't get that your Nazi game is massively inflammatory and yes antisemitic. 

It's not necessary to make all of your critical points.

But you clearly love flaming too much. 

Illegal Israeli settlements and shooting kids who protest meets the definition of genocide.  Because nazi Germany was of much greater scale in no ways means that comparisons between nazi Germany and any number of other countries can't be made. Russia is a case in point.

On 9/8/2023 at 2:35 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

It was Jewish land long before the concept of a Palestinian existed .

Many Palestinians are former Jews who converted to Islam because they couldn't afford to follow Jewish customs and thus stopped being Jews 

Abraham was born in the city of Ur in Iraq.

He was (one) of the founding father of nowadays Judaism.

Thailand should watch out with long term immigration in Issaan.

Some farangs could claim it back as Holy Ground one day...

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Illegal Israeli settlements and shooting kids who protest meets the definition of genocide.  Because nazi Germany was of much greater scale in no ways means that comparisons between nazi Germany and any number of other countries can't be made. Russia is a case in point.

You're not fooling me.

Accusing the one Jewish nation state in the world to be equivalent to Nazis is specifically designed to inflame Jews. That's why doing so fits the definition of antisemitism. 

You know that, but you persist. 

If you wanted a sincere discussion on issues around the conflict, you wouldn't do that. You clearly are not debating this in good faith. You're basically trolling. 

There is a lot of support in world Jewry for criticism of Israel. The majority of diaspora Jews are critical of the Israeli government being way too right wing, and sadly only a minority of Israel Jews but there are plenty in Israel as well. 

What percentage of Jews in the world would even want to have discussion with anyone like you pushing antisemitic Israel -- Nazi equivalency rhetoric?

It's obvious to me. Well under one percent. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're not fooling me.

Accusing the one Jewish nation state in the world to be equivalent to Nazis is specifically designed to go inflame Jews. That's why doing so fits the definition of antisemitism. 

You know that, but you persist. 

If you wanted a sincere discussion on issues around the conflict, you wouldn't do that. You clearly are not debating this in good faith. You're basically trolling. 

I accused Russia of being a nazi state as well. They are not Jewish. What's up with that? Stop projecting and start discussing illegal settlements if you want to accuse me of being antisemitic.

Tell me again how illegal settlements aren't genocide.  Oh, wait, you never addressed that direct question at any time.

Edited by ozimoron

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

I accused Russia of being a nazi state as well. They are not Jewish. What's up with that? Stop projecting and start discussing illegal settlements if you want to accuse me of being antisemitic.

The topic isn't Russia.

Don't act so dense that you don't understand the SPECIFIC inflammatory nature of accusing Israel of being Nazi equivalent. 

There is no way that you don't understand that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The topic isn't Russia.

Don't act so dense that you don't understand the SPECIFIC inflammatory nature of accusing Israel of being Nazi equivalent. 

There is no way that you don't understand that.

Of course it's inflammatory to accuse any government of being run by nazis. What's the problem with that. Does the fact that they are Jewish make is somehow different?

Please limit your arguments to the definition of antisemitism when accusing me of being antisemitic.

Edited by ozimoron

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Of course it's inflammatory to accuse any government of being run by nazis. What's the problem with that. Does the fact that they are Jewish make is somehow different?

Please limit your arguments to the definition of antisemitism when accusing me of being antisemitic.

Gee whiz. I wonder why Jews specifically have a problem with being called the same as Nazis. So difficult to imagine why that is. 

Just now, Jingthing said:

Gee whiz. I wonder why Jews specifically have a problem with being called the same as Nazis. So difficult to imagine why that is. 

Who doesn't have a problem with being called nazis? What about the Israelis calling other Israelis nazis? Are they antisemitic or just me?

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Two can play that game though .

Nazis wanted to eradicate the Jews , Palestinians want to eradicate the Jewish state of Israel

Palestinians are the same as Nazis .

Palestinians are  Nazis 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Two can play that game though .

Nazis wanted to eradicate the Jews , Palestinians want to eradicate the Jewish state of Israel

Palestinians are the same as Nazis .

Palestinians are  Nazis 

You can make that argument if you want. You  also know it's not all Palestinians, right? Just like it's not all Israelis, right?

I did say there are nazis in every country. At least once. but this topic is about a Palestinian calling the Israeli government nazis.

Edited by ozimoron

8 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Do you agree with him ?

Yes, there are Palestinians who are nazis. That was the point he made and I said so. I also think the Palestinians want Israel out of their land, not to exterminate them. A few might have said that but not many.

I'm not here to make the Israeli government feel warm and fuzzy and not get all all butt hurt about being labelled as nazis for shooting kids throwing rocks. Inflammatory rhetoric is never good but it's not in the same league as actually killing kids.

Edited by ozimoron

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Yes, there are Palestinians who are nazis. That was the point he made and I said so. I also think the Palestinians want Israel out of their land, not to exterminate them. A few might have said that but not many.

I'm not here to make the Israeli government feel warm and fuzzy and not get all all butt hurt about being labelled as nazis for shooting kids throwing rocks. Inflammatory rhetoric is never good but it's not in the same league as actually killing kids.

So you agree with Abbas's anti semetic speech ?

As in the thread title : 

*Outrage over Abbas's antisemitic speech on Jews and Holocaust"

8 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So you agree with Abbas's anti semetic speech ?

As in the thread title : 

*Outrage over Abbas's antisemitic speech on Jews and Holocaust"

No, he did not make his comments in relation to Israel shooting kids or illegal settlements. His comments were out of line. The excuse he used was not justified.

Am I allowed to call Putin or Trump a nazi without being labelled antisemitic? What about Netanyahu?

Edited by ozimoron

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

No, he did not make his comments in relation to Israel shooting kids or illegal settlements. His comments were out of line. The excuse he used was not justified.

Am I allowed to call Putin or Trump a nazi without being labelled antisemitic? What about Netanyahu?

It would be good idea if you would stop calling people Nazis , its just ends up with low intellectual levels of discussion about whether someone is a Nazi or not , and it ends up like a Punch and Judy show "Oh no he isnt" , "Oh yes he is"

Its rather dumb , TBH

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It would be good idea if you would stop calling people Nazis , its just ends up with low intellectual levels of discussion about whether someone is a Nazi or not , and it ends up like a Punch and Judy show "Oh no he isnt" , "Oh yes he is"

Its rather dumb , TBH

Calling people antisemitic is even dumber, especially when you know next to nothing about the topic under discussion and don't justify your accusation in terms which meet the definition of the word.

btw: I see that you appear to be conceding my right to call national figures nazis without being labelled antisemitic.

• Like 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Calling people antisemitic is even dumber, especially when you know next to nothing about the topic under discussion and don't justify your accusation in terms which meet the definition of the word.

btw: I see that you appear to be conceding my right to call national figures nazis without being labelled antisemitic.

I have given you the official link that states what anti Semitism means ,

Seriously, did you not see it ?

I have posted it twice already .

Do you understand this :

Comparing contemporary Israel to Nazi Germany is considered to be anti sematic .

Did you understand that ?

Comparing contemporary Israel to Nazi Germany is considered to be anti sematic .

So it isn't dumb to call  people anti sematic when they say anti Semitic things 

One more time for you 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1