Blood pressure & testereone

georgegeorgia

My blood pressure is 163 

My GP in Australia wants me to take Aldoprome 5mg a day to see if it goes down 

Whilst in Thailand I prescription 150ml  a week of testereone,my Australian GP is not in support of that and suggested it's no benefit to me only in raising my Blood pressure, I have cut it down to 125 a week Injections 

He suggests cutting out the testereone to see if it goes down, the BP that is 

I find taking the testereone addiction and I can't stop as it gives me high energy a few days  after taking it until I feel tired again indeed more , I am finding I get short tempered but I feel good 

I think he has it wrong , what other things could be causing my high BP?

Did anyone else get high BP taking testereone?

Could it be something else? Salt ?

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

10 minutes ago, Callmeishmael said:

A doctor told me that about 40% of people with high blood pressure are not overweight, get plenty of exercise, and don't smoke or drink.  I fit that description, but have to take medication every day.  Some of us just lost the blood pressure lottery!

Healthy diet? poor diets can eventually lead to High BP but may not be overweight 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

My blood pressure is 163 

Even google hasn't heard of 'aldoprome' apart from this thread - I suggest you double check the name of the medication as it doesn't exist.

17 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Hardly a "champ" if his systolic BP at rest is 163.

Yes mine at 160 too. No Biggie when you feel ok and are exercising. Doesn't necessarily mean arteries are gonna clog up and you die next day. The most ive had is 220 while not on test and at that rate I had severe problems. Other stress issues. Some people have naturally very high pulse rate and blood pressure rates. More to it than just one reading on a meter being higher than perfect 120. But you are the master of your own domain . Good luck with whatever you try to improve your overall health. Try it all and go with what works and makes you feel good.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

First of all what are you taking 150ml of? Or are you talking about mg?

Yes testosterone  can give high blood pressure if you not exercise, overdose, bad diet, alcohol, high hemoglobin, hematocrit, and also if you do not drink enough water daily and become dehydrated,  can also influence your bloodpressure.

150mg a week is overdosing, and also 125mg regardless what testosterone you take.

What does your blood work show you?

Not long ago, you asked about trt, when did you start?

Edited by Hummin

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Very much a "biggie" as BPs in that range damage the heart and blood vessels over time...and permanently.  Just because you don't feel something immmediately at that range  doesn't make it OK. By the time you  have any felt symptoms, the damage is already done.  

There is a reason hypertension is called "the silent killer". 

I'll consider my 160 normal. See you in the big gig in the sky then. Happy to feel great on test and die early at 60  than feel weak and lethargic and battle through to 110. I've come to terms with dying. Classic Heart attack, or extreme old age. I prefer heart attack.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/10/2023 at 2:56 AM, georgegeorgia said:

My blood pressure is 163 

Whilst in Thailand I prescription 150ml  a week of testereone,my Australian GP is not in support of that and suggested it's no benefit to me only in raising my Blood pressure, I have cut it down to 125 a week Injections 

He suggests cutting out the testereone to see if it goes down, the BP that is 

I find taking the testereone addiction and I can't stop as it gives me high energy a few days  after taking it until I feel tired again indeed more , I am finding I get short tempered but I feel good 

I think he has it wrong , what other things could be causing my high BP?

Did anyone else get high BP taking testereone?

Could it be something else? Salt ?

Salt sleep stress   mine has been high since I returned to  America  between 150 and 160.  Try some non alcoholic red wine , melantonin to sleep and see if it doesn't drop 10.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

I'm no doctor but I wouldn't mess about with blood pressure - I just learned the hard way.

A couple of months back my GP told me my BP was a bit high and that I should monitor it for 2 weeks at home and get back to him with the results. He said I might have to go onto medication as I was at risk of having a stroke.  My BP wasn't massively high - can't remember exactly but something like 144/90.

I agreed I'd order a machine and carry out the monitoring - I did get the machine but was 'getting round' to doing the monitoring.

Long and short - last week I went dizzy at work and had to sit down for a while. Next day when I got out of bed, I couldn't stand up without falling over. All my movements seemed much faster than they really were and my legs wouldn't go where I wanted them to - thought I was just tired so had another 3 hours sleep, woke up, got out of bed - same again but worse.

Eventually spent the entire day in hospital having brain scans, ECG's etc. to finally be told that I'd had 2 T.I.A.s (mini strokes).  My BP 4 hours after the T.I.A.s was 185/125.

I'm now on medication forever - not a problem.  I consider myself lucky - it could have been far worse - my father had a massive stroke at 56, lost the sight in one eye, never walked again without a stick etc. etc.  Being on meds is a small price to pay I guess.

By the way, anyone taking testosterone should make sure they don't have Prostate Cancer first - testosterone feeds Prostate Cancer.

Overdose of testosterone can make prostate enlarged. There is no connection between trt and risk of prostate cancer even for the groups at risk

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3424887/