How to throw out my girlfriend's son out of the house?

organicman

17 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Or if you don't want your son to get in. most locks have a simple inside lock. would you leave your house open, if someone you don't want/like/trouble maker just keeps walking in? I await your answer.........

When it is NOT my house and NOT my sibling then no, I won't be locking anything.

Hope you didn't hold your breath.

17 hours ago, brianthainess said:

If you read the OP ''My GF(THE MOTHER) want him kicked out the house''

If you read the OP, it doesn't say the GF (THE MOTHER) wants her farang BF (THE OP) to do the kicking out either. He (and YOU) assume that it his responsibility where in reality, it is very, very far from it.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, whereyougo said:

If an adult thai male showed up at my place with a suitcase? I most definitely would not come to a forum for answers 

I had a similar problem with Thai nephew. Never even considered asking what to do on here as would expect same silly answers about assaulting him.

Had I done that his father would have put me in hospital, and probably his mother would have joined in.

Had I made it an ultimatum I'd have been out of the house pronto.

On 9/12/2023 at 10:48 AM, steven100 said:

As Mania mentioned,    it would be very risky and dangerous for you if a physical fight ensued.

He has friends with guns under their motorbike seats,  it'd be nothing to him to have you out of the picture, he's not worried about going to jail for that.  

TIT .... 

If you get into an altercation he's likely to call the police and they will side with the Thai ....  you could end up in jail and charged with assault if they believe his story and not yours.

Move ....  as far away as you can.  

have to agree   remember where u are   thai for thai and YOU are NOT thai...good luck

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I had a similar problem with Thai nephew. Never even considered asking what to do on here as would expect same silly answers about assaulting him.

Had I done that his father would have put me in hospital, and probably his mother would have joined in.

Had I made it an ultimatum I'd have been out of the house pronto.

What would you do if it happened in the west and what's different here?, there are around 20, k homicides in the USA per year but expats lose their minds if a killing happens here and blame it on fragile thai men as if the rest of the world killers were stable somehow. 

The mother would follow the dead beat son out the door in my world. I once saw a farang grab a tuk Tuk driver by the hair and beat the <deleted> out of him and the 5 motor bike taxi heroes sitting opposite didnt even stand up., it's mostly a myth that is repeated on forums untill farangs get terrified 

Point being stand your ground and never let anyone bully you at any cost! 

Edited by whereyougo
  • Haha 2

On 9/12/2023 at 10:15 AM, organicman said:

I have a martial art background and he is tiny to the size of me.

He could return with a gun or machete though, not at all uncommon when a Thai male has his ego bruised or something taken from him that he thinks he's entitled to. You'd be well advised to keep that in mind.

The police does not get involved in family matters but assault or others can be criminal infractions. Be very careful.

Changing the locks appears to be an easy solution. For security, cameras and filming could be helpful if things got worse.

I remember a case of a foreigner, not married, who had a usufruct and the police accepted to move the girlfriend out off the house. It was near Surin but this client had connections.

Thai use a non-confrontational way to solve problems. For example, a third party. The Poo Yai Baan or another person can talk to the child. Or you mix pay rent for him for a month or two. A lawyer could explain the child that if he stays on the property, he is trespassing. 

Thai Criminal code:

Section 362. Trespass

Whoever, entering into the immovable property belonging to the other person so as to take possession of such property in whole or in any part or entering into such property to do any act disturbing the peaceful possession of such person, shall be imprisoned not out of one year or fined not more of two thousand Baht, or both.

Section 363. Moving Immovable Property

Whoever, in order to hold immovable property of another person for oneself or the third person, removes or destroys the boundary mark or such property in whole or in any party, shall be imprisoned not out of three years or fined not out of six thousand Baht, or both.

Section 364. Enters into the Property of another

Whoever, without reasonable cause, enters or hides himself in a dwelling place, store-house or office under the possession of the other person, or refuses to leave such place after having been told to do so by the person having the right to forbid him from entering, shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding one year or fined not exceeding two thousand Baht, or both.

Section 365. Special Circumstances of Trespassing

If the offence under Section 362, Section 363 or Section 364 be committed:

1. By an act of violence or threat to commit an act of violence;
  2. By a person carrying arms or by two persons upwards participating; or
  3. By night,

the offender shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding five years or fined not exceeding ten thousand Baht, or both.

I would think using the criminal code might not be a solution but I let you choose. According to the Civil code, I would think that this applies :  

Section 1564. Parents have to support Children

Parents are bound to maintain their children and to provide proper education for them during their minority.

When the children are sui juris, parents are bound to maintain them only when they are infirm and unable to earn their living.

And strangely, the children have an obligation towards the parents:

Section 1563. Children have to support Parents

Children are bound to maintain their parents.

I do a LOT of family law. I heard stories like yours maybe 20-40 times in 17 years. But we never acted legally, always tried to do it Thai way, and solve it amicably. It is 95% of the time related to a son, between 15 to 30 yo that doesn't do much. And it drives the foreigners crazy, much more than the Thai mothers. I am sure there are tons of judicial decision on these matters but I didn't make a search and it is quite late. I am just providing you guidelines, maybe ideas.

The son of someone I know, 19 years old, Apirak, was shot dead by a friend of him for a quarrel about electronic cigarettes last week in Kamphaeng Phet. You can google, it is in the news. Just be careful and try to de-escalate the conflict. 

This said, I would agree with one poster who said that it is probably your girlfriend's problems and not yours. Family is sacred in Thailand. There are behaviors that I can't understand in Thailand after 19 years living here. If you live in Thailand, you must accept not only the good parts, but also the whole culture. You can try to make it better but you will see that you might hit a wall. Your girlfriend should go to the police station. Not you.  If the police fail to act, you can write to me and I will try to check what can be done with my Thai lawyer partner.

Edited by ThaiLawOnline
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, whereyougo said:

The mother would follow the dead beat son out the door in my world. I once saw a farang grab a tuk Tuk driver by the hair and beat the <deleted> out of him and the 5 motor bike taxi heroes sitting opposite didnt even stand up., it's mostly a myth that is repeated on forums untill farangs get terrified 

Point being stand your ground and never let anyone bully you at any cost! 

Woo hoo, another warrior!!  Just what we needed as sadly Frits seems to have disappeared - probably busy practising his ninja moves.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Love It 1

5 hours ago, Caldera said:
On 9/12/2023 at 11:15 AM, organicman said:

I have a martial art background and he is tiny to the size of me.

He could return with a gun or machete though, not at all uncommon when a Thai male has his ego bruised or something taken from him that he thinks he's entitled to. You'd be well advised to keep that in mind.

But the OP's probably taken good advice and changed the locks several times already, so the kid can fire his gun or wave his machete around in the yard for as long as he wants. The OP will be safely locked up inside the house.

• Haha 2

Tell the girlfriend she has 1 week to get him out. There are over 30 million thai women.  Easy enough to find one that doesn't cause stress like this . She must be older so trading for a younger model shouldn't be that hard. A good women makes you hard, not your life. 

• Haha 1

UPDATE: I never got involved in her family matters until now which has been 5 years since I know my Thai girlfriend.

I've been threating him in the last week by txt. Like I said, I tower over him and he feels threaten by me in my presents. I've only meet him once. I used this to my advantage cause my Thai girlfriend is half the size of him.

Today, he has finished packing his bags and left the house. You aren't a man unless you stay by your women where my Thai girlfriend was crying nearly everyday for the last week hence you aren't a man if you let this continue. Your job as a man to protect your woman and family. It's her house hence she choses who is allow to live there.

Summary: it makes me sick from some of the replies here were saying we should move away from my Thai girlfriends house that she owns and let this evil child walk all over us. What is wrong with you?!? It's a man's job to protect the people he loves!

Edited by organicman

21 minutes ago, organicman said:

UPDATE: I never got involved in her family matters until now which has been 5 years since I know my Thai girlfriend.

I've been threating him in the last week by txt. Like I said, I tower over him and he feels threaten by me in my presents. I've only meet him once. I used this to my advantage cause my Thai girlfriend is half the size of him.

Today, he has finished packing his bags and left the house. You aren't a man unless you stay by your women where my Thai girlfriends was crying nearly everyday for the last week hence you aren't a man if you let this continue. You job as a man to protect your woman and family. It's her house hence she chosens to allow who lives there.

Summary: it makes me sick some of the replies saying we should move away from my Thai girlfriends house that she owns. What is wrong with these so call men.... It's a man's job to protect the people he loves!

What a manly man, from Mansville. 

• Haha 2

On 9/20/2023 at 11:24 AM, organicman said:

Today, he has finished packing his bags and left the house. You aren't a man unless you stay by your women where my Thai girlfriend was crying nearly everyday for the last week hence you aren't a man if you let this continue. Your job as a man to protect your woman and family. It's her house hence she choses who is allow to live there.

Summary: it makes me sick from some of the replies here were saying we should move away from my Thai girlfriends house that she owns and let this evil child walk all over us. What is wrong with you?!? It's a man's job to protect the people he loves!

i really hope for you that it ends well, but I have a strange feeling it is not over yet ...