The state of your average expat in Thailand.

bob smith

18 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

You do make many disparaging remarks about farangs, even though you are one, so that makes it easier to reply. Just what does a loser look like? You can't say it's because of the clothes they wear, because comfortable is more important than style, except to the high society lowlifes that think they are above others. farangs hang out with other farangs mainly because we can relate to each other, with some exceptions, present company suspected, many of us can't speak fluent Thai, so can't hold a meaningful conversation with locals. Like I mentioned earlier, I know quite a few farangs here, and none are losers as far as what a loser means to most of us. If you talk to others like you talk to us here, I'm very aware why you don't have any friends. There is help for that, with the exception of you possibly being a narcissist, which really has no hope. They act superior but are hiding behind a facade of inferiority. I have been watching your replies for a long time now, and I don't see many which are helpful. Why put down farangs all the time? People are people everywhere. All countries have their share of narcissists, weirdos, empaths, losers, users, abusers, and power hungry officials. There are amongst those many good people, who like the company of others of their own kind. I have no problem hanging out with Thais here, as my girlfriend has quite a few she works with and are neighbors, who we sit with and share a few beers. I don't understand much of what they are saying, but I can see they accept me, and vice versa. The conversations are usually between my gf and them, but she translates when they are asking me questions. With farangs, the conversations can get a lot more involved, which is why we hang out together.

You went to Thailand to hang out with westerners? Do you go fishing to catch a chicken?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gsxrnz said:

If they can't utter a sentence without using the F word, I tend to avoid any interaction.

Another good test is if their knuckles are dragging on the ground.

Funnily enough, some of the nicest blokes are the ones that look as though they got dressed in the dark and are a walking fashion crime.

I have the fashion sense of a rodeo clown, but am beloved. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bignok said:

You went to Thailand to hang out with westerners? Do you go fishing to catch a chicken?

I came here to be with my ex and daughter. I found foreigners to relate. Westerners can understand other westerners because they lived that life. I see prejudice here between Brits and Americans, which I cannot understand. It's not like it's us against them, because I have no prejudice towards Thais, especially seeing my ex and gf now are Thai, and my daughter is half. I just can't relate as much to them as i can other foreigners. We, especially other Americans, have walked the same ground, fished the same kinds of places,hunted deer in different areas. As far as Europeans, I can talk with them about their countries, because many of them are on my bucket list.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I don't know any white people at all. Can't imagine anyone in Thailand knowing 60.

Ok, I'll admit, I don't like white folk much.

Me too. I think most white people are a waste of space. 70% of Aussies are racist against asians. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't know any white people at all. Can't imagine anyone in Thailand knowing 60.

Ok, I'll admit, I don't like white folk much.

As a professional white honky I agree, I avoid other white honky's.

I was happy to be the token farang in my building and street. Now there are others...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

Actually, most farangs I see here are either average height or tall. As far as a small penis, that's a common trait among locals, and how would you know if you haven't seen any farangs? Tall people are not in any way superior than anyone else, besides the fact they can usually dunk.

Most are under 6 feet. Short.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Under 6 feet isn't short. Average height for westerners is 5'-5' 10". Only 20% of the world's population is over 6'. In the US it's less.

Under 5 10 is short. Ive seen 6 foot Thais in CM. Even Khon Kaen has some Thais over 5 10.

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

Only 20% of the world's population is over 6'. In the US it's less.

But we getting the width award soon.

The average American man 20 years old and up weighs 197.9 pounds . The average waist circumference is 40.2 inches, and the average height is just over 5 feet 9 inches (about 69.1 inches) tall.Feb 27, 2019

13 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

As a professional white honky I agree, I avoid other white honky's.

I was happy to be the token farang in my building and street. Now there are others...

Nearly had a heart attack when i saw 1 other white honky in Lom Sak.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Most farang i know are good guys with a few exceptions.

If i go for a quiet drink in a bar to watch the world go by i generally try to avoid conversation with other farang, if someone dodgy sits next to me the earphones go on. A few days ago a crazy Dane sat next to me, he said "I'm a crazy Dane" i said i know

At least he is honest. Most white guys lie a lot.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

Is it just me or is the average expat that lives in Thailand a loser?

most of them seem to have severe mental problems,

alcoholism/drug abuse is rampant.

No it’s not just you that notices this. Most, at least 90% have some sort of social dysfunction, see it every day when I’m in the city. The visitors with families/couples seem very normal. It’s the guys with their holiday gf or wife that are freaking over the top weird, it’s the Hey look at me because I’m insecure syndrome. About 10% of the westerners I meet and talk to are capable of well rounded conversations and are polite and respectful. Also some western women age group 30-45 ~30% seem a little off, millennial chick tough dude syndrome.

Edited by novacova
  • Like 1