Could you see yourself wearing a gold chain

bignok

In 1993 I took a vacation and dive trip to Tahiti.  While there I bought a black coral pendent wrapped in gold with a cutout of a sea turtle.  The sea turtle is very important in Tahitian culture, and among other beliefs the the Tahitian seller told me the turtle represented the wisdom acquired by older people.  I was only 51 at that time but I decided I wanted it, hoping that my wisdom would increase as I aged.  Back in the US I bought a 20"/51cm gold chain for the pendent.

I have worn the necklace ever since and never been criticized of wearing it.  In fact it has been admired by many young and old women where ever I was.  I will pass it on to my Thai wife in the hope that it will bring her wisdom as well.

Edited by HarrySeaman
  • Like 1

Back in the days when Gold was ฿8,000 for a ฿1 chain, I bought a lovely ฿2 rope one.  I had it for many years, but then a Katoey said to me "You are good Falang and generous but you is walking safe deposit and it dangerous".  So the next day I sold it for ฿25,000 and have never bought any since.  Good advice.  I just hadn't realised what I had been doing flashing it around.

A question for those that have been around Pattaya many years back, there used to be a big New Zealand or Aussie guy that was well known around town and for wearing big gold chains, always sitting on Beach Road, anyone remember that guy? Looked like a NZ version of Mr T. 

Edited by bbko
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, bbko said:

A question for those that have been around Pattaya many years back, there used to be a big New Zealand or Aussie guy that was well known around town and for wearing big gold chains, always sitting on Beach Road, anyone remember that guy? Looked like a NZ version of Mr T. 

The police tried to confiscate his gold and plant drugs in his apartment? Tim Sharky

https://youtu.be/it2PYzDGQNs?si=IHK_-4Bm59i7uen6

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, save the frogs said:

what is gold?

why did people historically wear gold?

as a sign of wealth?

were there any other reasons?

according to this site, there are "scientific benefits" to wearing gold.

is it bs?

https://dusoul.ae/blog/post/7-scientific-reasons-of-wearing-gold-jewelry

That's a jewellery store's website.

So...

8 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

yeah, false advertising?

just saying ... maybe there were other reasons people wore gold jewellery ... 

yeah, false advertising? - Could be.

just saying ... maybe there were other reasons people wore gold jewellery ... - quite possible.

Here's another > https://www.drlamcoaching.com/blog/more-than-just-fashion-the-health-benefits-of-jewelry/

But who knows what the truth is?

Edited by ravip
  • Thanks 1