Consumer Confidence Rises After New Government Formation

snoop1130

4 hours ago, retarius said:

I have to say, I was hoping that the stalemate in the government would blow up the exchange rate for the baht. I need a break.

What do you mean? The baht is at the lowest range it has been since last November. My CC charges look cheap. Yesterday I moved US$5K and whichever bank did the conversion gave me a relatively decent 35.3; I wish I'd done more, but who knows where it will go in the next 2-3 months.

Speaking of confidence, and that photo, I'm confident those bags didn't have to look so fake, and that the model should have been assigned short shorts.

Edited by Enzian
clarity

Thai consumer confidence surges as new government takes charge, but high living costs cast a shadow
by Alex Morgan 

image.jpeg

Photo by Marek Okon on Unsplash.

Last month saw a rise in consumer confidence following the swift establishment of a new government, although concerns about the high cost of living and the sluggish global economy remain. The University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC) revealed that the consumer confidence index rose to 56.9 from 55.6 in July.

This uplift was attributed to the easing of concerns over delays in the formation of a new government and political stability.

Thanavath Phonvichai, president of the UTCC, said that consumers are regaining confidence in the new government’s ability to boost economic recovery, particularly following Srettha Thavisin’s appointment as the 30th prime minister of Thailand.

“The overall political situation in Thailand appears to be stabilising as political divisions seem to be easing leading to increased consumer confidence across the board.”

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-09-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1