Russell Brand: BBC and Channel 4 investigate allegations

Social Media

11 minutes ago, impulse said:

Yeah, he is.  Just like Johnny Depp was.  Probably cost him tens, if not hundreds of millions of dollars in film roles before it ever got to a real trial.

Social media may not have the ability to lock Brand up.  But it can sure ruin his life.  On a he-said, she-said.  With suspicious timing, 10 -15 years late when he's "dropping some truth bombs".

Remind me, where does Brand make his money?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RanongCat said:

Am I trying  to go some place? Your one liner projections  and pointless caustic commentaries as a duplicated  "member" are among the multiple  reasons fewer people bother to participate  in topics. Negative  impact, negative  value.

Very funny, but you're not getting anywhere, I doubt you ever have..........????

23 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Then  again , had social media been around 30 years ago, Jimmy Saville wouldn't have gotton away with his crimes 

I'll grant you that, but it's still dangerous when an innocent guy's life gets ruined. 

I'm not claiming Brand is innocent, and I rarely (never) make it past the first 30 seconds of his YouTubes.   But I think the guy deserves due process.   Depp didn't get any and he'll never get back the millions and millions from his discredited, broke accuser.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There are many people who get held in jail for months/years after being accused and held on remand in jails , they spend years in jail awaiting their Court case and they get found not guilty 

Gotta admit, I don't know the British legal system. 

If they're prosecuted for rape and the accusations prove maliciously false, the accuser should be prosecuted in addition to being sued for damages.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Can't say I'm surprised by this.

Brand has been dropping a lot of truth bombs lately, upsetting a lot of people - time to shut him up.

Sure, thats it, 

I Guess we will have to wait and see what comes out of the investigation before we speculate 

39 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

No, Russel is being investigated for sexual offences and the evidence is quite damming , he's practically admitting raping a woman in an E-mail to her when he apologised 

Hang out in AA long enough and you'll meet a lot of guys who apologized for stuff they don't even remember doing.   Maybe didn't even do.

And a lot of women who consented to sex but don't remember how it happened.  Except they can't find their underwear.

It's the difference between a blackout and passing out.  In a blackout, you're ambulatory.  And you can make tragically bad decisions, yet not remember a thing.

I'm sure a lot of guys tuned in here can recall a night when they didn't remember driving home.  That's a blackout.

There was a recent case (California I think) where a co-ed swears she was raped, but the security cameras show otherwise.  I don't think she was malicious.  Just didn't remember.

Edited by impulse
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

Hang out in AA long enough and you'll meet a lot of guys who apologized for stuff they don't even remember doing.   Maybe didn't even do.

And a lot of women who consented to sex but don't remember how it happened.  Except they can't find their underwear.

It's the difference between a blackout and passing out.  In a blackout, you're ambulatory.  And you can make tragically bad decisions.

I'm sure a lot of guys tuned in here can recall a night when they didn't remember driving home.  There was a recent case (California I think) where a co-ed swears she was raped, but the security cameras show otherwise.

And in that  case it was able to establish a correct outcome . Historically  such evidence  was rarely available and outcomes were  based on verbal accusation and/or denials. Which  party  to such incidences who were genuinely guilty of criminal acts was probably often a lottery based on affordability of legal representation. Not at all an "honest" application of truth.

How often now is guilt  established on the lack of evidence to  refute accusation rather than proof of accusation due to  absence of electronic or purchased "scientific" evidence.

Given the mentality of  many emales in these times I  would  suspect  motivation.

18 minutes ago, impulse said:

It's the difference between a blackout and passing out.  In a blackout, you're ambulatory.  And you can make tragically bad decisions, yet not remember a thing.

I'm sure a lot of guys tuned in here can recall a night when they didn't remember driving home.  That's a blackout.

There was a recent case (California I think) where a co-ed swears she was raped, but the security cameras show otherwise.  I don't think she was malicious.  Just didn't remember.

Apologising for a crime and facing criminal justice for a crime are not the same thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, JayClay said:

Link please 

Alastair McIntosh (2020). Riders on the Storm: The Climate Crisis and the Survival of Being. 

The professor [Guy McPherson] crisply reiterated and summed up his position in an interview given in 2018: 'Specifically, I predict that there will be no humans on Earth by 2026, based on projections of near-term planetary temperature rise and the demise of myriad species that support our own existence.'

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Apologising for a crime and facing criminal justice for a crime are not the same thing.

What I'm saying is that apologizing for behaviour doesn't necessarily mean that behaviour occurred.  It's one bit of evidence, sure.  But certainly not enough to ruin a guy's life. 

In one scenario, she woke up, couldn't find her underwear and ripped into him because she thought she was raped.  Most guys I know would apologize simply because she was offended after the fact, regardless of consent.

Or he may be guilty as sin and he may or may not even remember.  That's what drugs and alcohol do...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There have been people prosecuted for making false allegations , one Woman got an 8 year jail sentence for making false allegations 

Eleanor Williams jailed over false rape claims

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-64950862

Ridiculous sentence, of which she will lokely serve only one fifth. She should have got life without parole for what she did.