lots of sick people

stoner

4 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

But I replied to the OP citing the Covid jabs, and here we are.

an abnormally large number of people i know are all sick right now. myself included. had a scratchy throat the other morning and within a few hours turned into a nasty cold. sniffles runny nose not much else. i have been overdosing on tiffy.

anyone else in the same boat ?

Where does it mentioned Covid?

Edited by still kicking
  • Thumbs Up 1

I got sick 4 days ago. Cold with bronchitis. Thankfully not flu. Worst was yesterday now I'm a lot better but still have a fairly nasty cough.

I texted one friend and he said he and his wife have virtually the same thing.

I texted another friend and he said a lot of people are sick with the same symptoms all over Thailand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

What does this post have to do with Thailand?

Eventually, the newer version of the COVID vaccines will end up here in Thailand for expats... probably if the past is any indicator... via donations from more medically advanced countries like the U.S., Korea, France, etc... all of whom have donated COVID vaccines to Thailand in the past for use among expats.

The rollouts in Thailand, even for Thais, have always trailed those in other places like the U.S. and the UK....  The newer vaccines have been approved there, but they're just starting to roll out there right now.... so Thailand likely will be a ways further down the road.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I have had a runny nose and sore throat for about a week now. The runny nose was like a river initially, I have now settled into being a yellow snot factory. Not COVID, tested with a kit a couple of times. Definitely a lurgy going around.

As the medicos say, a cold either lasts two weeks, or a fortnight.

7 hours ago, LaosLover said:

My wife is in a very long-term recuperation from a couple of huge medical issues. Her immune system took a beating when she got here and she maintained a steady bad cold for 6 months+. 

When she finally got well enough to think about a little travel, we went to Luang Prubang and she caught dengue fever. 3 weeks in bed. We're off to BKK to put out another health-fire.

Wellness-wise, the trend is my friend, but I wouldn't mind catching a break at some point. This is a roundabout way of explaining why you see me here so much.

Hope she gets well soon, dengue isn't nice and sort of lingers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Sickness spreads fast in Thailand. Just look at the utensils in almost every eatery. They are in those plastic receptacles mouth side up. Everyone is touching the eat side of your spoon when they grab one. They are all bunched in there together.

This. When I lived back home, I rarely got a cold nor anything else. After coming here, it started, especially after Covid hit. I had it at least two times, and I'm thinking it's been long Covid since then. Cough that comes and goes, scratchy throat. Gastro problems I thought were from chilis, chicken not cooked well enough or something else. Congestion , although I do have allergies, this hasn't affected me as much since I left the US until recently. Headaches, which I almost never got before. As far as sickness spreading fast here, this is always because of shared water cups, sticky rice, utensils touched by others. I tell my girlfriend now to have everyone use separate cups for water, but it doesn't get through. When one gets sick in a house, they all do. Kids in school hovering over each other, sick kids parents put in school because they won't keep them home and take care of them, so they spread whatever all around.

My wife she has a rite cough on her and she has been like this on and off for the last couple of months we live near to the ocean so the air is clear and a few times a week we go down to the beach for a walk early mornings, seems a lot of people around here are suffering, 

I must be a strong as an Ox, apart from Dengue a few weeks ago that knocked the wind out of my sails for a few days, 

My grand ma's cough remedy if you want to try, Butter, sugar and Vinegar mix it all up and eat it, 

11 hours ago, stoner said:

an abnormally large number of people i know are all sick right now. myself included. had a scratchy throat the other morning and within a few hours turned into a nasty cold. sniffles runny nose not much else. i have been overdosing on tiffy.

anyone else in the same boat ? 

it's all that cannabis you've been taking

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

This. When I lived back home, I rarely got a cold nor anything else. After coming here, it started, especially after Covid hit. I had it at least two times, and I'm thinking it's been long Covid since then. Cough that comes and goes, scratchy throat. Gastro problems I thought were from chilis, chicken not cooked well enough or something else. Congestion , although I do have allergies, this hasn't affected me as much since I left the US until recently. Headaches, which I almost never got before. As far as sickness spreading fast here, this is always because of shared water cups, sticky rice, utensils touched by others. I tell my girlfriend now to have everyone use separate cups for water, but it doesn't get through. When one gets sick in a house, they all do. Kids in school hovering over each other, sick kids parents put in school because they won't keep them home and take care of them, so they spread whatever all around.

It’s from living in a poorer country. People bunched together, rushed, scratching for income, no wherewithal or care about spreading disease. (They do the paper masks well, but it’s symbolic, hardly any have real filters. Too expensive probably).

• Haha 1