'The Country Was Thriving': Joe Rogan Says That 'More Things Were Getting Done' When Donald Trump Was President — Unemployment Was Down, Regulations Relaxed. Is He Right?

Social Media

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

What Trump was mostly getting done as President was fraud.

In one example, Amer noted how Trump repeatedly valued his South Florida oceanside estate of Mar-a-Lago at 28 times more than the official Palm Beach County government property appraiser. A chart displayed in the courtroom showed how the former president’s winter home was valued by the county in 2018 at $25 million—while the real estate mogul set the value at $714 million.

In another example, the AG’s office pointed out how the Trumps’ simply slapped on a 30% “brand premium” at Trump National Golf Club in Jupiter, Florida. They also raised the theoretical purchase price of that business enterprise by tacking on $41 million in club memberships—even though those signups are reimbursable and under certain circumstances would have to be paid back.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-tries-to-strike-down-new-york-ag-case-before-it-starts

Oceanfront, Palm Beach. 20 acres, $25 million. Yeah right! ????

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Even sounds right to  Letitia James (75m), Newsweek (170m), Forbes (350m) and others even  more. But 25m? No way.

The claim was 714. Is that not patently fraudulent? The county being wrong doesn't make it not fraud.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The claim was 714. Is that not patently fraudulent? The county being wrong doesn't make it not fraud.

Nobody seems to be able to agree on the correct valuation.

I answered your question and these double negatives don't help.. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The charge was that Trump over valued his property, not that the country undervalued it. Do you consider there to be some chance that Trump's valuation was reasonable?

I can't answer that but from the numbers I gave you before it seems too high.

But 25m? not a chance. 

Just now, nauseus said:

I can't answer that but from the numbers I gave you before it seems too high.

But 25m? not a chance. 

I don't disagree but that number will be irrelevant to the outcome of the case, right? And it was likely genuinely the county valuation so lots of rich peeple got the same low valuation. It's not the only piece of evidence. Even the realistic valuations don't approach what Trump claimed.

• Thumbs Up 2