'The Country Was Thriving': Joe Rogan Says That 'More Things Were Getting Done' When Donald Trump Was President — Unemployment Was Down, Regulations Relaxed. Is He Right?

Social Media

34 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I could easily. Top being the state of the economy and jobs. Sending the military to the border, surely you support that? Reinvigorating NATO, the CHIPS Act. Strength of the US dollar.

Meantime you duck and swerve.

Are you <deleted> serious?

The economy? What a catastrophe.

Military on the border? Nonexistent. This is just a lie lol.

NATO as feeble as ever.

CHIPS - yesterday's war

Biden has nothing to do with strength of dollar.

These were all entirely weak. Please try again. I realize you need to grasp at straws but do aim higher

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, PassportBro said:

NATO as feeble as ever.

CHIPS - yesterday's war

These were all entirely weak. Please try again. I realize you need to grasp at straws but do aim higher

Just what about the US economy is negative which isn't shared by every economy on the planet. Which economy has similar GDP growth and low unemployment. Which economy has lower inflation? Seriously?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, PassportBro said:

NATO as feeble as ever.

CHIPS - yesterday's war

CHIPS is tomorrow's war. I didn't say Biden had anything to do with the dollar's strength. I was countering your argument that the US economy is doing badly.

2 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Pretty obvious no one takes you seriously, educated or not! ????

People on a forum pretending to be world experts using fake names. Pretty sure nobody takes anyone seriously and is just trying to feel important. Nobody ever admits to being wrong about anything.

• Sad 1

Just now, bignok said:

People on a forum pretending to be world experts using fake names. Pretty sure nobody takes anyone seriously and is just trying to feel important. Nobody ever admits to being wrong about anything.

I have been wrong two times, even apologized

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bignok said:

I agree, but I could be wrong! :thumbsup:

Edited by 2baht

1 minute ago, bignok said:

Are you talking about yourself.........?    ????

• Like 1

Just now, PassportBro said:

Caveat lol... which isn't shared by other economies.

Singapore is doing alright as is Taiwan, UAE

Japan has lower inflation

Growth in non existent in US. Stagflation is recurring theme of economic blogs.

Unemployment numbers are fake and have been faked for years. There's lots of magic but just allowing unemployed to drop off the rolls after six months is just the beginning of the issue.

The Biden list please..

I gave you several of the main points on the Biden list. Contrasting decades of Japanese deflation with the US economy might be cherry picking, don't you think? They have had a policy of negative interest rates until now.

More conspiracy theories I see. It's not a bug for the right, it's a feature.

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I gave you several of the main points on the Biden list. Contrasting decades of Japanese deflation with the US economy might be cherry picking, don't you think? They have had a policy of negative interest rates until now.

More conspiracy theories I see. It's not a bug for the right, it's a feature.

Specifically which conspiracy theory of mine are you going after or is this just another ad hominem fallacy?

You asked, I gave you an answer. Yes, there are a number of issues with the Japanese economy. They are not the same as other economies. That hardly gives you the right to call it out as Cherry picking. You asked and I provided.

While Japan does have low inflation it has a number of other issues.

United States has high inflation because of the way that it mismanaged the economy. You don't appear to believe that despite home prices and cost of living both being well out of the reach of middle and working class people.

You didn't provide several it was perhaps a few at best and they were all extremely weak.

Look at inflation ruining the US. I rest my case. There is nothing more dangerous than inflation. Nevertheless the Biden administration record spending into the trillions. I believe it even spent a trillion dollars on Ukraine. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Edited by PassportBro
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Exception to the rule. Few here argue for days about politics and are never wrong.

Politics is subjective with very few proofs who is riding the wave someone else created or not. Impossible to measure few years against 10 - 20 and 30 years. Believing One president changes the economy in 4 years is utterly stupid, especially thinking variable factors conserning happenings outside control.

The weapon deals he did with Saudi, we will regret 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, PassportBro said:

Specifically which conspiracy theory of mine are you going after or is this just another ad hominem fallacy?

You asked, I gave you an answer. Yes, there are a number of issues with the Japanese economy. They are not the same as other economies. That hardly gives you the right to call it out as Cherry picking. You asked and I provided.

While Japan does have low inflation it has a number of other issues.

United States has high inflation because of the way that it mismanaged the economy. You don't appear to believe that despite home prices and cost of living both being well out of the reach of middle and working class people.

The one where you said unemployment figures were "faked". Don't bother to suggest that the fact that these and other economic statistics get revised as evidence they are faked.

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Politics is subjective with very few proofs who is riding the wave someone else created or not. Impossible to measure few years against 10 - 20 and 30 years. Believing One president changes the economy in 4 years is utterly stupid, especially thinking variable factors conserning happenings outside control.

Yep, they hold up Trump as the saviour of peace. What a joke.

• Like 1

Like all presidents Trump did some things very well, and some things totally stupidly. IMHO he beats Biden hands down, and if it's a choice between Biden and Trump, Trump will get my vote. I sincerely hope that JFK (my preferred candidate) runs as independent and puts the final nail in the hated Biden's coffin.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The one where you said unemployment figures were "faked". Don't bother to suggest that the fact that these and other economic statistics get revised as evidence they are faked.

It's all totally faked. You don't know this? Do some research on BLS fact magic. It's all quite an open conspiracy such as the example I cited.

You've also brought up revised numbers. This is also another political trick. Announce your numbers. Later, on Friday at 4pm announce the revision downward.

Can't even believe we're having this discussion

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Mostly big business that drives the economy. The Musks are the players, politicians are just the refs.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/23/2023 at 9:00 AM, ozimoron said:

Who gets their information from podcasters and why?

One American lives near me in Chiang Mai is convinced the podcast he follows is fact checked before release (fact checked by who - never any response).

He's right now telling all that the Ukraine president is a fake cut out and is leading Ukraine into communism). Plus Putin is admired by 90% of Americans and ready to support trump in next US elections.

Also tells all his podcast says all americans will soon rise up and assassinate biden, obama, and mark miley.

• Haha 1

Just now, PassportBro said:

It's all totally faked. You don't know this? Do some research on BLS fact magic. It's all quite an open conspiracy such as the example I cited.

You've also brought up revised numbers. This is also another political trick. Announce your numbers. Later, on Friday at 4pm announce the revision downward.

Can't even believe we're having this discussion

We wouldn't be if you backed up your assertion with a link or two.

Just now, scorecard said:

One American lives near me in Chiang Mai is convinced the podcast he follows is fact checked before release (fact checked by who - never any response).

He's right now telling all that the Ukraine president is a fake cut out and is leading Ukraine into communism). Plus Putin is admired by 90% of Americans and ready to support trump in next US elections.

Also tells all his podcast says all americans will soon rise up and assassinate biden, obama, and mark miley.

The fear is that he might be right.

On 9/22/2023 at 4:00 PM, ozimoron said:

Who gets their information from podcasters and why?

Asks the guy with 34   36 posts in this topic alone?

You've been on this forum 2 years yet have over 15,000 posts

Edited by mania
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bignok said:

Mostly big business that drives the economy. The Musks are the players, politicians are just the refs.

Well, big business Musks is depended on the government support to reach his goals, ev cars, tunnels, space rockets,,,,,,,,, 

Edited by Hummin
  • Thumbs Up 2