Verification regarding Id's on home computer

jwest10

Hi
And have tried to get a  solution to this problems and more and more pension providers are requiring more id and phtos of passports and driving licenses and yes it causes so many problems.
Basically have a home computer but more and more companies are demanding secondry Id for verfication purposes.

Yes basically my camera is all set up but after countless of time and keep getting messages that can not see your photo id and/ or a drivers license and then say too light ot too dark and change the lighting and put o the lights and still can not get the required information and in many ways proving you still alive and not to be confused with the DWP and we know that too is a hassle.
Any thoughts on this and yes tried the documents in the middle of the screen and up top where the camera is.
Modern technolgy and hopefully will get it through but it times you out.
Anyone having the same problems with this.
thanks all

• Like 1

If you can upload a saved photo. Take a photo on your phone and use messenger to send it to yourself.  Then you can open facebook on your computer and copy or save the photo on your computer.

As mentioned I get better photos taking them outside.  Indoors always seem to get shadows from blocking the lighting.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, norbra said:

I found taking pics , scans outdoor in even light and no shadows gave most acceptable outcomes

I agree. I try to take these type of photos in the daytime, using natural light. less shadows.

I usually take them in my living room,  with my back against a white wall while I am facing the windows, with the blinds open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/26/2023 at 7:30 PM, GreasyFingers said:

So you do not have a scanner? Or take a photo with your phone and download to the computer.

All of this modern stuff with a phone is a big pain. I had to sign up to Facebook today because a friend only uses Messenger. Funny how FB already had my details.

No need for FB as Messenger can be installed as a stand alone app.

Edited by norbra