Cheapest prices you have paid last 12 months

bignok

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Seems like half the membership of A Now is confused about something or other, without saying why.

And here comes another Confused member.

Nothing better to do than click CONFUSED or SAD. 

Trolls possibly who do not want to be identified. I know I should simply ignore the ignorant posters, but it is annoying when you don't know who it is that is Confused or Sad, and more importantly, WHY.

This is what makes A Now a PITA.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Just go in there and add some more water and the rest of the coffee and milk , no one will notice if they are not busy 

Out of curiosity, I actually took a close look last night at the print material nothing about refills. Honestly figured you might (likely) have been busting balls mentioning it but I must admit the above comment is possible. Confrontation is definitely not a Thai strong suit generally.

It would take a ton of nerve and audacity to attempt it to say the least. Coffee refills are not the norm for Thai owned establishments.

On a side note, in my previous life of owning a restaurant here, we offered free refills of coffee a few years in. That resulted in more robust breakfast time revenues and a loyal repeat customers. Free refills used to be standard OP where I hailed.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gwapofarang said:

Out of curiosity, I actually took a close look last night at the print material nothing about refills. Honestly figured you might (likely) have been busting balls mentioning it but I must admit the above comment is possible. Confrontation is definitely not a Thai strong suit generally.

It would take a ton of nerve and audacity to attempt it to say the least. Coffee refills are not the norm for Thai owned establishments.

On a side note, in my previous life of owning a restaurant here, we offered free refills of coffee a few years in. That resulted in more robust breakfast time revenues and a loyal repeat customers. Free refills used to be standard OP where I hailed.

I just go into 7/11 and ask the cashier whether I can have some more hot water and they haven't said no yet and just fill my coffee cup up .

Its just a cup of hot water as I'd already paid for the actual coffee

• Like 1

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

No matter how you look at it, Thailand is still a great value, as you said. I could cite examples of how ridiculous things have become in the US and Europe. Why bother? 

Back in the UK in 2009, living in my own paid off house with Brit wife and kids

total outgoings = 1,500gbp/month.

Here in Chiang Mai 2023, living in her mortgaged house with Thai wife and kids

total outgoings = 1,200gbp/month.

My life is  better in Thailand, and as a bonus it's also cheaper (for the same living standard), warmer, and includes a lot more sex!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, bignok said:

Who gave the sad emoji? You prefer high prices? 600 baht curry? Strange people on the internet

The "confused" emoji is the one that irritates me. At least "sad" conveys a reaction; but there is nothing confusing about your post.

It is, as so often, being used to express disagreement or disapproval; by people who are too idle, or unable, to post that they do disagree or disapprove.

The board needs an appropriate emoji. After all, we already have " like", " love it", and "thumbs up" which all basically mean the same thing!

7 minutes ago, 2baht said:

A box of matches in Pattaya, 1.5 baht! :thumbsup:

Ding Ding I'd say that's the winner for an actual tangible item. I can beat the 1.5 baht with 1 baht charge for using those scales to weight yourself found in front of some 7-11 or Tops mini marts.

15 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I just go into 7/11 and ask the cashier whether I can have some more hot water and they haven't said no yet and just fill my coffee cup up .

Its just a cup of hot water as I'd already paid for the actual coffee

Hanging around at 7/11's eh? Not a bad spot for recon depending on its location. I do stick with my initial comment. Cheers!

12 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Confused or Sad, and more importantly, WHY.

This is what makes A Now a PITA

It's not the emojis that make ANow a PITA, it's the people who consistently moan about them, quoting their own posts, multiple times in a thread, questioning the use of them!

6 minutes ago, ravip said:

Would a fake Rolex do the trick?

Depends. 

If the girl is astute enough and has been around enough wealthy men then she would know it was fake.

If she is just a bog standard bar dweller from Korat who is new to the game then you may be in with a chance!

Edited by bob smith

13 hours ago, gwapofarang said:

Having been around for quite a while here's something yet mentioned. Useful for those unaware.

It's a great idea to walk around your immediate area extensively if possible. By this I mean side streets and Sois scattered throughout Thailand. It's amazing the diamonds in the rough local Thai micro communities that still exist everywhere in most reasonable sized cities. In other words, outside areas most foreigners might reside.

Most of them include a wet market or two (sizes vary), fresh fruit, vegetable and sometimes fish or meat stalls or tables. Generally prices shall be noticeably less foreigner populated areas. Your normal Thai bar-b-q, ice cream and assorted Thai food favorites, coin operated laundry and dryers, barber shop with haircuts around 100 baht, 20 baht stores and rather extensive hardware shops found in decades past.

More specialized shops can be found as well for kitchen supplies and other equipment if one ventures about. Google Maps is getting better but still dreadfully lacking for these areas and is still crap IMHO.

My latest discoveries have shown prices a good 10 to 25% less or more in some cases. In the long haul you can save a bundle on items you buy anyway and avoid higher pricing structures.

I take long walks and or mini runs for exercise, I believe it best to get your barrings, maintain ones health and know your surroundings more. Saving is earning sort of old school mentality. Excuse the common sense. Hope someone finds this useful.

Side note: The larger wet markets have even better deals at opening time around 5 am, this is useful for food businesses and those with larger families or needs. Ask and look around.

Absolutely correct. Walking and been familiar with your immediate surrounding is very useful and enlightening.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ArnieP said:

Amazing that intelligent people take emoji’s so seriously.

Not really seriousness. Just an observation of the behaviour in the 'community'. People with intelligence are curious and wants to know why, IMHO.

Edited by ravip

Bought Kelloggs All=Bran on Lazada, about the same price as in Australia.

Going forward to next year, I have paid 23,000 baht for a return ticket Bangkok to Melbourne. With flight changes permitted, and 20 kg hold luggage. IMO that's a pretty good deal post-COVID.

• Thumbs Up 1