⟺ You Believe in GOD: Do You Believe GOD is Trustworthy?

GammaGlobulin

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Thank you for acknowledging that everything that we know was a result the 'big bang'. At least it's a step in the right direction from the 7 day creation nonsense that our RE teacher use to try and pump into us. (A topic which, not surprisingly I scored E minus in my school report)

Believing someone because they are a scientist is naive? Personally I believe that accepting 'blind faith' is a lot more so.

Bring on the proof I say.

No proof on either side besides that common sense thing. It's always been a big bang of sorts. Just that it had to be created and didn't just happen. God wants blind faith. That's why he lets things happen as they do. Doubting Thomas's everywhere because they have no proof, other than seeing what he created.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's amazing that billions of people still believe in something that doesn't make any sense.

But I think we should keep that kind of behavior in mind when we look at how people vote, what kind of scams they accept, etc.

I guess all humans have a brain. Imagine they would actually use it all the time. 

Big bang makes no sense

If X is 5 and Y is 10x then Y is 50. If X is 0 and Y is 10x then Y is 0.

But the big bang people tell us it comes from 0

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Sorry, priests, imams, rabbis and evangelists etc want 'blind faith'. Otherwise they're out of a job.

They promote the word. They don't need sheep, but believers. Everyone can be a priest, rabbi, imam or pastor. It's our duty to spread the word.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

I believe in God, but don't see why you would consider him un trustworthy. Has he promised anything he hasn't delivered? I question why so much evil happens in the world and why he doesn't step in, but he has given us free will, and with that free will comes evil. I think he is just sitting back and watching us destroy ourselves, and Jesus will come back when God thinks it's enough. Yes, he  could give heart attacks to the Hitlers, Putins, Mao's, Pol Pots, Stalins, Kim Jong Un's, and other narcissists that are killing for power, take away mosquitoes that kill more than anything else, and all the rest of the diseases and poisonous things we have to deal with, but again, I think we are only here for a short time to learn things, to go on into another forever life that doesn't have all the shiit this one does. He made us, so he has the right to make his rules, and they do make sense. Not following them has brought destruction on all of us.

Free will?

Psalm 24vers 1.

If Anyone can explain to me where Cain got his wife, when only his mum & dad existed, (which is the point I gave up trying to read that book) I'll even overlook, Eve taking advise from a talking snake. Also why would you create a universe in the dark before adding light.

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

If Anyone can explain to me where Cain got his wife, when only his mum & dad existed, (which is the point I gave up trying to read that book) I'll even overlook, Eve taking advise from a talking snake. Also why would you create a universe in the dark before adding light.

Many questions you can ask him because we all talk to God. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=allxx9EzoxU

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Actually a creator makes a lot of sense. Thinking everything just happened from nothing doesn't make any sense.People fall for scams because they are desperate to get ahead. People vote, many times for the wrong person, because they believe their lies and empty promises.

People fall for religion because they are frightened of death, so accept lies and empty promises..

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

People fall for religion because they are frightened of death, so accept lies and empty promises..

That's what it means to you, but not to those who believe. Half of the world fears death, but those who believe have hope, because we are only here for about 85 years or so, so we know there's a better place waiting for us. Religion isn't required, as it's man made. Many religions don't follow God, so what hope do they receive? To be part of a universe that just happened to be here all along? Christianity makes sense, although some find it hard to believe in some of the Bible's teachings. I do also, but it doesn't matter, because some things could have been interpreted wrong. I'd rather have hope than think nothing will happen when I die, and hope is what makes a lot of people obey God's laws, because if no one did, the world would be in much worse shape. We have to be held accountable for our free will choices.

4 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The Question Is:  If, and only if, you believe in God, do you believe God to be trustworthy?

If yes, then why?

If no, then why?

IF you do NOT believe in GOD, 

THEN, this TOPIC is NOT for you, …and...

Therefore...

Please do not comment here.

Since I DO believe in GOD, I will only comment that...

I have not found GOD to be completely trustworthy.

However, I assume that your views might differ from mine.

In God We Trust, is the phrase like the Greenback?

And when you cannot trust the Greenback?...

US-%241-LT-1862-Fr-16c.jpg

Can we trust in GOD to always be trustworthy?

How has GOD proved Himself to be trustworthy during the past few years, for example?

Ever thought about it???

Just a bit of the history, “In god We Trust” associated with US currency. It was imposed in 1956 under the Republican Eisenhower Administration. The idea being to counter those communists as Marx had stated that religion is an opiate of the people. For me, “E Pluribus Unum” remains the motto … since the establishment clause firmly states the government of the USA will establish no religious belief on the citizens.

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

That's what it means to you, but not to those who believe. Half of the world fears death, but those who believe have hope, because we are only here for about 85 years or so, so we know there's a better place waiting for us. Religion isn't required, as it's man made. Many religions don't follow God, so what hope do they receive? To be part of a universe that just happened to be here all along? Christianity makes sense, although some find it hard to believe in some of the Bible's teachings. I do also, but it doesn't matter, because some things could have been interpreted wrong. I'd rather have hope than think nothing will happen when I die, and hope is what makes a lot of people obey God's laws, because if no one did, the world would be in much worse shape. We have to be held accountable for our free will choices.

You don't need a god to know what is right or wrong, in fact most of the worst atrocities are done in the name of religion.

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

And the followers of the Isis cult were also promised eternal life for believers. But I respect all having an equal right to believe as they wish. A central tenant of the founding of the USA. I would note that all US “Rights” have restrictions … sorry, if one believes in human sacrifices … nope. And no imposing beliefs on others … a current issue in American society today.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Scientists have not proven anything besides the universe expanding and that it theoretically was created by a big bang, which sent matter in all directions, which to me is God making things happen. Matter is what everything is made of. Some say dark energy is a lot of it. Energy created by God. Matter cannot happen from nothing. Believing someone because they are a scientist is naive. Half of scientists believe there is a God. What does that say?We believe by faith. Something many don't understand. The devil works in many mysterious ways to stop people  from believing.

OK, but where did god come from?

gods, thousands and thousands of them are things not beings and therefore are common nouns, not even requiring a capital letter.

And even supposing there was that something you believe actually exists, you are up against all the other gods that millions of other people believe in -  quite irrationally!

Therefore your question is unnecessary and irrelevant!

Wow, where do I begin? I could write a book on this subject, but then again, one has already been written, and it is called the Word of God. It’s God’s instruction manual for how we are to live out our lives on earth as best we can with the help of the Holy Spirit until the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Yes, God can be trusted to fulfill all of His promises, but there is one caveat….”Ye must be born again”! Are you simply practicing “religion”, or do you have a connection to God by way of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Have you experienced the “new birth” by having received Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and subsequently filled with the Holy Spirit? If so, then all three persons of the Godhead have taken up residence in your heart, and you can trust Them to work everything for your good and for Their Glory. If the answer is a resounding “no”, then your prayers don’t make it past the ceiling and “the wrath of God abides on you”.

God has walked with me for the past 35 years, and He has always been faithful and trustworthy. He doesn’t always answer my prayers the way that I expect Him to, and there have been times when I have questioned his trustworthiness; however, in retrospect I can look back and see that He did what He thought was best for me.

God knows the past, the present and the future, and He operates in a dimension that we know little about. Certainly, He can direct our lives much better than we can in our own strength. It is impossible to please God without faith, and the Bible defines faith as “the substance of things hoped for…the evidence of things not seen”. Your faith is a gift from God, and it is not something that you have conjured up in your own heart and mind, and “faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

So, in summation, stay in the Word of God daily, and increase your faith. Stay in the saddle and hold on!!! Life is a beautiful journey, and as a Christian your destiny is Heaven and perfection in Christ Jesus our Lord. God Bless You!

Edited by fittobethaied
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The Question Is:  If, and only if, you believe in God, do you believe God to be trustworthy?

If yes, then why?

If no, then why?

IF you do NOT believe in GOD, 

THEN, this TOPIC is NOT for you, …and...

Therefore...

Please do not comment here.

Since I DO believe in GOD, I will only comment that...

I have not found GOD to be completely trustworthy.

However, I assume that your views might differ from mine.

In God We Trust, is the phrase like the Greenback?

And when you cannot trust the Greenback?...

US-%241-LT-1862-Fr-16c.jpg

Can we trust in GOD to always be trustworthy?

How has GOD proved Himself to be trustworthy during the past few years, for example?

Ever thought about it???

please explain this

god bible.jpeg