Why do people on here call Thailand the land of smiles?

bignok

12 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Only time I refer to TH as LOS is if Scamming, like possibly today ????

New policy at bank, 'Credit Advise' for Imm visa extension, now 100 baht per page/month.   Glad I already have 11 for free.

Previous charge was 200 if getting all 12 on same day/or when ready.  Then if getting 6 at time...FREE.   So got 6, got 5, now need last one.

Can't wait to see what the new charge is for 'bank statement' is going to be.  Wife is going to ring the call center and see if there is an policy for these.

Also informed (possibly that tax thingy), they'll be looking at the accounts more closely come Jan 2024, not saying why ???? and didn't ask.

So paperwork from bank may start to cost as much as the visa extension; `1200 + ? = F'me

Every country really is a Love/Hate relationship at times.

If a one time per year cost is too much, should  one wonder if they can afford to live there?

I'm pretty sure it's cheap compared to a Thai trying to get a visa to live in the UK or other western countries.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

14 hours ago, KhunLA said:

New policy at bank, 'Credit Advise' for Imm visa extension, now 100 baht per page/month.   Glad I already have 11 for free.

Previous charge was 200 if getting all 12 on same day/or when ready.  Then if getting 6 at time...FREE.   So got 6, got 5, now need last one.

Can't wait to see what the new charge is for 'bank statement' is going to be.  Wife is going to ring the call center and see if there is an policy for these.

Also informed (possibly that tax thingy), they'll be looking at the accounts more closely come Jan 2024, not saying why ???? and didn't ask.

So paperwork from bank may start to cost as much as the visa extension; `1200 + ? = F'me

BKB, 100bht for statement, 100bht for letter (with photocopy).

Printed while you wait,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2023 at 4:55 PM, fredwiggy said:

Our population has become this high, where our resources are being taxed, and eventually will run out, because of people having sex indiscriminately. Can't argue what is. No matter what you, I and the rest have done, there is a fact that remains.

What resources have run out?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If a one time per year cost is too much, should  one wonder if they can afford to live there?

I'm pretty sure it's cheap compared to a Thai trying to get a visa to live in the UK or other western countries.

For the USA, spouse tourist visa is a bit expensive in comparison, but it's 1 time fee for 10 yrs.   It's just annoying that it's a silly price for something, a few keystrokes & 1 pc of paper, and only because you need it.  Pure extortion in that context. 

That's almost 1/3 days salary for many Thais, for a piece of paper, simply stating where your funds came from.  No real work involved.  Along with being free, or 200 baht for 12 pages in the past.  Bit of price increase, and did time or paper increase 6 fold, since last year.

Why I hate banks, they use your money, to make money, but charge you to use an ATM, make a deposit out of province, and give you interest, if any, that isn't 1/10th of inflation.

In the beginning, ATM's were pushed to use, and told it saves the bank from brink & mortar w/employees, but now all of the sudden, more expensive because of higher security cost ... such BS they expect you to believe.

Equate that to oil, as previously sold 'our oil last a long time' to now, 'your high performance engine needs to change every 10k kms' ... and people believe this BS.   Then they void the warranty, if you don't hove oil changed.

Oil was clean in the car I have a hard time reading the damn dipstick. 

48 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

BKB, 100bht for statement, 100bht for letter (with photocopy).

Printed while you wait,

Yea, that's what I expect, and I'm using BkkBank, so not a bank policy, but scam.  Wife will be asking their 'call center' today.  Total BS.

They closed the one convenient branch, where I opened the account, now only 1 branch here.   When getting the credit advise, first 6 months was a hassle at main branch (only), and had to wait, them stating info wasn't on their local system (BS), then got those (free), and got last 5 months last week (free) at same main (scamming) branch.  

I should be able to get the credit advice & statement in Hua Hin, (Imm office there/100kms away), same day I extend, I think.  Wife will ask about that also.  Hopefully the 'call center' will set the local office straight, and simply charge proper fee for paperwork next week.

Although, since only 100 baht, will be same fee anyway ???? I think they charged me 300 or 500 for the statement last time, as I was surprised of that amount, as in past it was only 1 or 200 baht.

Minor hassle & expense, just F'g annoying the principle of trying to scam, simply because they can.

Edited by KhunLA

12 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Yea, that's what I expect, and I'm using BkkBank, so not a bank policy, but scam.  Wife will be asking their 'call center' today.  Total BS.

Paid for mine last Friday morning, they gave me a receipt detailing the 200bht charges.

CM immigration have recently streamlined their operation so retirement and marriage extensions are no longer mixed in with the general scrum. You get a numbered ticket the moment you enter the COVID gate. Walked in Friday after lunch, was out with my under consideration stamp in an hour. They said I was their 2nd family extension for the whole day.

Hardly any retirement extensions either. Loads of ed visa extensions waiting, odd as I thought those were all gone now.

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Paid for mine last Friday morning, they gave me a receipt detailing the 200bht charges.

CM immigration have recently streamlined their operation so retirement and marriage extensions are no longer mixed in with the general scrum. You get a numbered ticket the moment you enter the COVID gate. Walked in Friday after lunch, was out with my under consideration stamp in an hour. They said I was their 2nd family extension for the whole day.

Hardly any retirement extensions either. Loads of ed visa extensions waiting, odd as I thought those were all gone now.

I don't think I've ever gotten a receipt, big surprise. 

Hua Hin Imm is pretty good, considering the volume of people using.  They have 2 officers dedicated to extension, and 1 or 2 do the other stuff.  Udon Thani was also quite good.

Better than some of the stories we here about on here, CW or Jomtien & Phuket ... yikes.

17 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I think all banks in any country does nothing for free. It's an organised business, like insurance and the like.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

BkkBank call center results:

... statement free, IF, not more than 6 months old

... then 100 baht per page, max charge 500.

... statement fee 100 baht

Talking to wife again, obviously (hopefully) just a miscommunication/lack of detail, on 100 per page.  I equated to 1200 for the year, since leaving out any reference to 6 months ????  So may have been in line with official policy.

The call center matches the info, previous branch's (now closed) manager explained to us, for credit advise, though I'm pretty sure statement didn't cost 100 baht, maybe 200.

Such a stressful life ... ????