Trump calls for store robbers to be shot in speech to California Republicans

Social Media

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

Perhaps Trump has turned against white people.  They make up 77.5% of shoplifters in the US, well above their percentage of the overall population.  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4104590/

In what way is the organized mass looting and destruction happening in American cities in any way comparable to shoplifting?

• Confused 2
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Actually, the Donald was talking about, and I quote, "pillaging and theft".  It is obvious that he meant the mass robberies and destruction plaguing California cities. The kind that is making major retailers leave in droves. Simple shoplifting has been around since God's dog was a puppy.  And was not the point he was making. The kind of organized orgies of looting that occur are a new development, brought on in large part by law enforcement not being able to pursue and/or arrest the perpetrators. 

Really?  Where doe she exclude shoplifting from the theft category?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If a supposed Presidential Candidate is talking about shooting people do you think he should be precise in his language?

Or was he slurring out one of his fog whistles to those who have in mind a demographic they would like to have free license to shoot?

Yes, he should be more precise. But asking The Donald to be precise is like asking Biden to climb stairs. You can do it, but don't be surprised at the results.

I am not sure what you mean in the last part of your comment. Could you be more specific?  Do you mean free license to shoot young people who are on social media?

• Confused 1
  • Love It 2

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Yes, he should be more precise. But asking The Donald to be precise is like asking Biden to climb stairs. You can do it, but don't be surprised at the results.

I am not sure what you mean in the last part of your comment. Could you be more specific?  Do you mean free license to shoot young people who are on social media?

Oh just give every good guy a gun, they can shoot the bad guys! ????

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Why are you asking me, you clearly thought you knew who Trump was referring to:

20 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Actually, the Donald was talking about, and I quote, "pillaging and theft".  It is obvious that he meant the mass robberies and destruction plaguing California cities. The kind that is making major retailers leave in droves. Simple shoplifting has been around since God's dog was a puppy.  And was not the point he was making. The kind of organized orgies of looting that occur are a new development, brought on in large part by law enforcement not being able to pursue and/or arrest the perpetrators. 

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

I think the definition of "shoplifting" is shifting from what I understood. Back when I was a kid, "shoplifting" meant sneakily lifting a chocolate bar or a pack of gum from a shop.  It did NOT mean breaking the windows/doors, trashing the place, and stealing bags full of merchandise.

I equate what is happening in many American cities to home invasions more than anything. The casual and wanton destruction of property for no purpose, the terrorizing of shop owners and their families, it goes beyond simple theft.  In these cases, I think that business owners have the right to defend their businesses as if they were defending their homes. That is, use deadly force if necessary to repel the invaders. 

FAFO would give some pause to the looters and vandals who assume they can get away with such wanton anti-social behavior.

FAFO? Meaning please, I a E.

Well, this is coming from a man who is perhaps America's greatest expert on theft, and grifting. But, I do think he has a point. The shoplifting situation in California is out of control. Due to the relaxation of the laws, releasing alot of non violent offenders from prison, the police are hesitant to arrest anyone stealing under $1,000 in merchandise. So, it has become a free for all. I think the security guards should be allowed to use tasers, pepper spray, or batons, to subdue a shoplifter. Seems only fair. California is completely out of control, and it perhaps leads the nation in deterioration of quality of life, and mindless cultural decline. Homelessness and crime are rising daily, so are prices and inflation. Many are leaving the state. Most people I know who lived there, have left already.

Why is shoplifting so rampant? Because state law holds that stealing merchandise worth $950 or less is just a misdemeanor, which means that law enforcement probably won’t bother to investigate, and if they do, prosecutors will let it go. Why won’t store employees do anything about this theft? Because they don’t want to take the risk. Moreover, a confrontation within the store risks harming not only store staff but also customers, so employees are almost certainly instructed by their managers to do nothing. Because of this law, California is extending an open invitation to anyone to walk in and take. Just like that—since they know that police or prosecutors won’t bother with a misdemeanor complaint and that store personnel won’t stop them.

California will allow 63,000 prisoners, out of a population of 115,000, the possibility of early release. Sadly, this is Gavin Newsom. Creating a political moment to sign an almost meaningless shoplifting crime bill that rarely will be enforced. Defensively reacting to criticism and doing whatever it takes to deflect that criticism. Failing to lead. A governor of a state of nearly forty million, without a realistic vision to grow a better future.

The first image is in Novato, in Marin County. The second is downtown Los Angeles.

https://www.hoover.org/research/why-shoplifting-now-de-facto-legal-california

novato II.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-20 at 11.22.55 AM.jpeg

Edited by spidermike007

10 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Stop deflecting. You are the one who made a veiled accusation, be a man and be specific. What exactly did you mean?  Enough with the weasel words. 

I think you’ll find I asked a question:

Or was he slurring out one of his dog whistles to those who have in mind a demographic they would like to have free license to shoot?

On 10/1/2023 at 12:37 PM, LosLobo said:

I would suggest that fraud and rape are virtually the same as theft.

You are taking something that doesn't rightfully belong to you, either by deceit or force.

Seems paradoxical that a proven fraudster and rapist would promote shooting for theft.

Well said (with my additional words):  "Seems paradoxical that a proven fraudster and rapist and serial liar would promote shooting for theft."

On 10/2/2023 at 3:08 AM, bendejo said:

A certain element in the US began amassing guns when Obama was president

Today, the fastest growing gun toting demographic is Blacks, especially black women.  Gun sales to Blacks up 58% in just one year.

https://www.essence.com/news/black-women-gun-ownership-rise/

The MSM would have you believe it's fear of hate crime and (how stupid is this?) fear of police violence.  As if pulling a gun on the cops is going to make you safer... 

But if you listen to the guys doing the firearms training, it's a rational reaction to crime out of control.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1