Viral video: Taxi driver’s ‘you’re too fat’ confrontation leaves passenger speechless

webfact

1 hour ago, kennw said:

Sorry to correct you but shock absorbers do not support the load in a vehicle, the springs do. Shocks are dampers that slow down bounce. And if the driver thought that the passenger weight and his own exceeded the safe working load of the vehicle he should have said so before accepting the passenger. Sounds to me more likely a new form of fare scamming.

It says the driver was worried about his shock absorbers in the article. 

2 hours ago, retarius said:

I'm fat, not obese but fat. My sympathies are with the driver and his shock absorbers which are costly to replace (unless you steal them, but that would be illegal). Fat people should be called out and shamed for their fatness. People with phone cameras should take photos and put them on social media every time they see a fat person eating something. Just a personal opinion, nothing insulting intended.

Just like a bitch would do 555  Get your testosterone levels checked.

Go for it, but not in the sniveling, cowardly manner that your post suggests. Get right up in that bricklayer or mason's face and take the photo, then post his picture and your selfie from the recovery room. 

Bus from bkk to patts the other day had absolutely stuffed shocks up front, evertime you hit a bump it was like riding a bronco! Now an overweight person could have fatigued the springs so that they would not flex so much and dampen the ride, so thumbs up!.

3 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

In the taxi drivers defense (not that he has any) the car does seem to be leaning heavily over to the left in the video.????

Car not leaning over to the left ,have a good look at the van driving in front off the taxi and after that the cars All have the same horizontal lines of the tailgate and  the bumpers.  

2 hours ago, 2baht said:

So, if four 40kg girls got in his taxi, 3 in the back, one in the front, it would be ok on the shock absorbers??? ????

Oh, I posted this 3 hours ago, but my dollies were 50kg each. 555

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, 2baht said:

So, if four 40kg girls got in his taxi, 3 in the back, one in the front, it would be ok on the shock absorbers??? ????

That would be load "distribution", and not driving along with one corner wheel off the ground....????

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, retarius said:

I'm fat, not obese but fat. My sympathies are with the driver and his shock absorbers which are costly to replace (unless you steal them, but that would be illegal). Fat people should be called out and shamed for their fatness. People with phone cameras should take photos and put them on social media every time they see a fat person eating something. Just a personal opinion, nothing insulting intended.

Some people shouldn't be online if they can't see such blatant sarcarm and humour.  Sorry sir. Keep up the good work.

• Haha 1

I sat into cabs just to get out again as the driver must have been seriously scared of Dracula. The stench of garlic was overpowering.

The fellow, not having flag-felled his metre nor moved an inch insisted, that I would pay him the anticipated trip fare from Bangkok's Landmark Hotel to Don Muang airport ...... quite a discussion evolved - outside the taxi until a hotel staff just sent him away and suggested him to "brush his teeth" ???? 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, curlylekan said:

I personally am very happy Thai people told me the truth about my weight 10 years ago. Shortly afterwards, I went to exercise, eating healthy, and getting to a healthy weight. I am very thankful for my lifestyle change. Fat shamming works

I think this is something a lot of people who don't suffer from overweight fail to understand - those of us who do need to be reminded that this is unhealthy and we should do something about it. The alternative is pretending like there is no problem and keep maintaining an unhealthy lifestyle until serious problems (diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, etc...) reveal themselves down the road - when it's already too late. I was way overdue on diet and excercise myself, but recent comments from people close to me did motivate me to start again.

Out of curiosity I took a peek at the passenger's TikTok. I'm honestly not sure if it's a lady or a ladyboy, but she is most definitely morbidly obese, and doesn't seem to be bothered by this at all (on the contrary - it seems to be the theme of her TikTok). While this may gain her some followers, it will also shorten her lifespan. I doubt this encounter will make her realize she needs change - it seems like she's just using it as a chance to victimize herself, go viral, and gain followers - and surely plenty of "netizens" (people with no life) will encourage her to ignore his harsh words (and ignore the problem...). susu.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, retarius said:

hello there, Billy Bunter. 55

18 hours ago, nchuckle said:

I've experienced a personal reference too. The driver insisted I sit in the front with him because " I'm too sexy for my shirt,so sexy it hurts ” according to him . Think his name was Fred according to taxi iD...

Right!

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Nope, 4x 50kg would distribute the weight more evenly over the shocks.

The shock absorbers do not carry any of the weight, they merely absorb any shock and particular wheel/spring encounters.

If one wheel hits a bump, only that one is used.

On 10/2/2023 at 10:07 AM, webfact said:

that left the passenger feeling insulted and upset

Obese, enormous fat people are increasing we are being outnumbered, most the bar girls these days are enormous. 

How can they let themselves get in that state? 

Fat Australian woman walk the beaches in their bikini's, I'm offended, it's disgusting. 

Shame on you fat people, lose that weight and enjoy life, we're not here for long. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST