Tourist turmoil: Thailand grapples with 10,000 unexpected Israeli guests amid conflict aftermath

webfact

3 hours ago, Matthew Peter said:

Wonder how all these Israeli newcomers are gonna get along with all the Russkies I've been seeing at Hua Hin Immigration. The latter are coming in on Education visas, study English (555 Putin). So what're these newbies gonna do?

Russia helped Hamas , Russia and Israel were friends, relationship is faltering 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, rbkk said:

I read that Israel have closed their airspace; but not it seems to El Al Airlines.

Where did you read that?

According to Al Jazeera, it is the airlines that are suspending flights, out of an abundance of caution of course. And that will be why 10,000 Israeli tourists have suddenly found themselves stuck in Thailand. (and no doubt in other countries as well)

Major international airlines suspend flights to Israel

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, dr_lucas said:

Which international law regarding the Gaza strip?

And intentionally targetting and blood-cold burning, murdering and kidnapping hundreds innocent civilians, babies, women, children, elders and threathing to execute them while being captives is very much aligned with international laws, right?

As I said before, IF Israel handled the Gaza Strip according to international law, this wouldn’t have happened.

The Gaza Strip is recognised by the ICJ as a sovereign country, yet…

Israel maintains direct external control over Gaza and indirect control over life within Gaza: Israel controls Gaza's air and maritime space and six of Gaza's seven land crossings. Israel reserves the right to enter Gaza at will with its military and maintains a no-go buffer zone within the Gaza territory.

Which is illegal, the rest of your post is, whataboutism, and two wrongs, making a right, which they don’t

I noticed you didn’t comment on Israel, breaking or crime law by blockade in Gaza Strip, please do so

• Thumbs Up 1

The first question I have for every one of our arriving guests from Israel is this. Do you or do you not support the views held by the Talmud? Anyone who wonders what I'm talking about should take the time to read it.

31 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Actually you entirely missed my point.

IF the Israeli government abided by international law regarding the Gaza Strip, the reason for Israeli people wanting to leave Israel right now wouldn’t exist.

Incidentally, blockading the Gaza Strip and preventing food and water is a war crime according to the United Nations.

Where did you see reported « Israeli people wanting to leave Israel right now » ?

32 minutes ago, Moonlover said:
4 hours ago, rbkk said:

I read that Israel have closed their airspace; but not it seems to El Al Airlines.

Where did you read that?

Where did you read that? Here...."Jakkapong said that the Israeli government has not allowed military plane or special flight to enter their air space." 

Edited by rbkk

53 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Where did you read that? Here...."Jakkapong said that the Israeli government has not allowed military plane or special flight to enter their air space." 

Which is not the same as 'closed their airspace', is it. 

And incidentally, it has nothing to do with the tourists that stuck here, so you're off topic as well.

Edited by Moonlover

5 hours ago, Airwolf said:

Majority of Israeli tourists/backpackers I met on my travels were very rude and unfriendly, was pretty much the consensus with other international backpackers. The women are pretty hot though. 

The women are pretty hot though...

I concur...!

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Bush like wire wool though.

Actually, I was referring to the New York high-class Long Island girls I have dated in the past. 

So I spoke out of context. No real 'Israeli' experience.

But, they were all 'sweet, delicious, and very mentally engaging.

30 minutes ago, 1happykamper said:

Russian. Ukrainian and now Israel. Thailand is mad to take on this... Goodness knows who'll show up on our doorsteps 

Just wait till 'Joseph the Corrupt' (Biden)) decides that now Israel needs tremendous amonts of financial support, and makes a strong case for sending more of 'our' money to more criminals overseas. 

What does he care...as long as he can continue to block and confuse all the 'Hunter-ness', and save his family legacy, then his days being numbered do not matter.

Edited by tkramer
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, 1happykamper said:

Russian. Ukrainian and now Israel. Thailand is mad to take on this... Goodness knows who'll show up on our doorsteps 

The article is about the difficulty of Israeli tourists currently in Thailand returning as per scheduled due to flight disruption caused by the outbreak in hostilities at the weekend, nothing to do with your imagined refugee influx.

For the record re Ukranians, 22,452 in total came to Thailand from January to August this year, 51st lowest country in terms of arrivals, and less than the 27,135 Israeli tourists that came in the month of August alone.

• Like 2

Just now, kinyara said:

The article is about the difficulty of Israeli tourists currently in Thailand returning as per scheduled due to flight disruption caused by the outbreak in hostilities at the weekend, nothing to do with your imagined refugee influx.

For the record re Ukranians, 22,452 in total came to Thailand from January to August this year, 51st lowest country in terms of arrivals, and less than the 27,135 Israeli tourists that came in the month of August alone.

Oops. I should have read better. Sorry. ✌️

8 hours ago, Frankie baby said:

Are Israelis coming are going. The title claims they are coming & then further down states that all out bound flights to Israel are just about full in which case the numbers of Israelis in the country should be more are less the same?

Different reasons to return. Holidays ended. Need to return to work even in war. Different parts of Israel differently effected by the war. Called by the IDF as a reservist to fight the Hamas terrorists. 300,000 were called. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Never mind the Hamas terrorists, huh?

Their charter says KILL ALL JEWS. 

I think Islam is an evil religion, I think all other religions are nonsense.

Whilst I don’t condone Hamas’s charter (actually, I condemn it), I think you have to balance cause and effect. It’s clear how this whole problem was created, and only those who created it can fix it.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1