Money can't buy you Love (unless you're in Thailand).

bob smith

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:

why have to show off though?

They make me want to throw up!!

I have more disposable income in my pocket than 99% of Thai people, yet to look at me on the street you would think I was poor or average at best.

If you've got it, stop flaunting it. it's really, really unattractive. 

Why do you sit around complaining? What happened to the train journey????????

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

but after waiting unsuccessfully for 35 years

you should have been more proactive in your quest for love instead of just waiting around like a lazy sod....

Edited by bob smith
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

It’s the company you keep. 
In addition, you have a substantial regular income or a lump sum that might be sufficient to see you through to a ripe old age. Something that a large proportion of the populace can only dream. Instead, many are likely borrowing from Peter in order to pay Paul. A stressful existence, far away from the peace of mind that having a stable income can bring. A hungry lion is far more dangerous than one that has already eaten. 
Add in the ‘wife/girlfriend as a pet’ syndrome; wherein you take on a woman you can ‘afford’, rather than one with a suitable character. 

Wise words.

Before going all in, you have to call their bluff, suffice to say, set up traps, bait them as the relationship is moving forward, and at any time you see red flags, then you know it's time to stop, re-evaluate, make sure it wasn't a mistake or taken the wrong way, and then move forward or get out before it's too late.

I always keep my Lioness full and at the same time keep ALL of my assets/incomes separate, others say but that's not love, to which I reply, is it love when she takes everything that is yours, suffice to say, love can be an expensive loss for some.

When this Lion departs, his Lioness of 16 plus very happy years will continue to have a full stomach till then end of her time and then the Lion cubs.

Family, outsiders have never been an issue for us as she knows, what "we" have was built on my back and if it is to last for many decades to come, one must keep the wolves at bay, help were help is needed, lending money is only for the weak because you will never get it back, so if you're going to loan out money, make it a charity, that way you won't be let down when they don't repay you, or simply say NO, it's ok to say NO, if people talk, which they will, that's ok, as it's better than being laughed at when you loan them the money you won't ever get back.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've always wanted a woman to love me for myself, but after waiting unsuccessfully for 35 years I decided best to take the pretense of love as the only thing on offer while I still had a few years left.

I've never had a problem loving a woman, but they seem incapable of loving me in return.

maybe the word "love" is too abstract to actually mean anything practical and needs to be re-defined or completely eliminated from the vocabulary. 

relationships are transactional. human beings are too shallow for "love". it doesn't really exist. hollywood and pop music has polluted people's minds with these endless fairy tales of love.

Edited by save the frogs

29 minutes ago, bignok said:

Lazy? You sit around talking about train rides and never go

ive ridden more trains than you have had hot dinners large bird!

more to the point, have you painted them metal bars yet?

talking about stretching a job out ???? 

whats it been 2 months now?

get em painted!

and dont forget to send us a post card from your 4 year barn retreat.

it sounds splendid 

Edited by bob smith

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

ive ridden more trains then you have had hot dinners large bird!

more to the point, have you painted them metal bars yet?

talking about stretching a job out ???? 

whats it been 2 months now?

get em painted!

dont forget to send us a post card from your barn retreat.

it sounds splendid 

You eat kfc and get drunk

Then complain life is crap

You need to get out more

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

maybe the word "love" is too abstract to actually mean anything practical and needs to be re-defined or completely eliminated from the vocabulary. 

relationships are transactional. human beings are too shallow for "love". it doesn't really exist. hollywood and pop music has polluted people's minds with these endless fairy tales of love.

What are you talking?

It exists in many forms. 
Have you ever had someone peel your grapes for you? Wash your hair by hand by bringing a bowl of warm water and shampoo whilst you are your dinner after work, then give you a foot massage?

These are ‘western’ women, not Asian. No money involved. Where was the transaction?

5 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Hard time reading most  your posts but think you nailed this one.  He seems to be unable to let go of past traumatic experiences and will probably always be a little angry at women.  At least he is extremely witty and brutally honest. 

It’s a male thing. Without such honesty we can fall into a maelstrom of BS. 
So we tell each other the truth so that we know exactly where we are. 
That’s his problem with women. Not so straightforward ???? 

4 hours ago, bob smith said:

when I was a kid my mother always said that love is the most important thing and no amount of money can buy it.

We prioritized personal relationships over financial gain

but it seems that things dont work that way in the land of smiles.

In thailand it seems that money always comes first

is this true?

is this what parents teach their kids?

money over Love every time?

are they not acutely aware that life is finite?

and that you cant take your money with you when you die?

ive never met a more money hungry populace in my entire life than when I arrived here.

every single thing is about money here,

its actually rather nauseating 

Integrity means nothing here.

money will never make you happy.

I know, because ive got it and i'm as miserable as sin.

in fact, i am living effing proof that money does not bring you happiness. 

Ok, Bob. Let me tell it to you straight. Your mother lied to you.

Look at money in the west, and look at money in Thailand. If you look very close, you will see that it is only more open here, but exists everywhere. You should be happy, that people are that honest and open about it to you instead. Your western wife or friend would never be. But, YES! You are right, money comes first, but it is not related to Thailand. Just more open.

It is not true that parents teach their kids to choose money over love. What they are interested about is to give their children the best possibilities. They do know life is finite, and that they can´t take money with then when they die. However, they also know that money left after they die, can give a better life for their children. Of course we also have bar girls, and they fit perfect for your weird post.

No, everything is not about money here. That is just a comment from a person that has very poor knowledge of Thailand, but still you spout new threads and posts like never before. Think it´s time for you to slow down and think about that you chosed to be a guest in this country. Otherwise, you can just go back to whatever nothing you have left.

Integrity means everything here, but they chose to call it loss of face. A little bit more harsh reaction might be the result compared to other nations. Of course money will make you happy. Stop the nonsense. If you had none, your would understand. That you are miserable as hell, has noting to do with your money. It has all to to with your choices in life. If miserable, you probably made the wrong ones.

So, in reality, you a living effing proof what happens to people make all the wrong choices.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, Bob. Let me tell it to you straight. Your mother lied to you.

Look at money in the west, and look at money in Thailand. If you look very close, you will see that it is only more open here, but exists everywhere. You should be happy, that people are that honest and open about it to you instead. Your western wife or friend would never be. But, YES! You are right, money comes first, but it is not related to Thailand. Just more open.

It is not true that parents teach their kids to choose money over love. What they are interested about is to give their children the best possibilities. They do know life is finite, and that they can´t take money with then when they die. However, they also know that money left after they die, can give a better life for their children. Of course we also have bar girls, and they fit perfect for your weird post.

No, everything is not about money here. That is just a comment from a person that has very poor knowledge of Thailand, but still you spout new threads and posts like never before. Think it´s time for you to slow down and think about that you chosed to be a guest in this country. Otherwise, you can just go back to whatever nothing you have left.

Integrity means everything here, but they chose to call it loss of face. A little bit more harsh reaction might be the result compared to other nations. Of course money will make you happy. Stop the nonsense. If you had none, your would understand. That you are miserable as hell, has noting to do with your money. It has all to to with your choices in life. If miserable, you probably made the wrong ones.

So, in reality, you a living effing proof what happens to people make all the wrong choices.

Interesting words

• Like 1