Money can't buy you Love (unless you're in Thailand).

bob smith

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've met many honest women, but I've never had an honest woman in my bed.

Not sure if they were honest before I bedded them, but they were definitely dishonest after.

You are supposed to make ‘honest women’ out of them ????

Sometimes they need help with their ‘runaway’ minds. 

Love? Money?

Why do (average) people get married in the West vs why they (average) marry in Thailand?

In the west, we hope it's for love. It usually is the primary reason, adding in security as second.

In Thailand, Survival is the usual primary reason. And not just survival for the woman, but possible for her whole family. And the family water buffalo, too!  If love is present, it makes it all the nicer, but not required. Ask any farang who married their bargirl girlfriend.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 3:36 AM, BritManToo said:

Women lie!

Briffault's Law,

The female of the species controls all access to sex, where she gains no advantage, she will provide no sex. Past advantage will get you nothing, future advantage will provide little more.

You really have to get over it, give us a bunny shot

59 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Love? Money?

Why do (average) people get married in the West vs why they (average) marry in Thailand?

In the west, we hope it's for love. It usually is the primary reason, adding in security as second.

In Thailand, Survival is the usual primary reason. And not just survival for the woman, but possible for her whole family. And the family water buffalo, too!  If love is present, it makes it all the nicer, but not required. Ask any farang who married their bargirl girlfriend.

Love is an illusion and most confuse lust with love. Once the lust ends, love vanishes like early morning mist.

If one is lucky, one is friends with the once beloved.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, FolkGuitar said:

Love? Money?

Lucky my gf has no buffalo to feed,saves a lot

2 hours ago, NextG said:

“Look at money in the west, and look at money in Thailand. If you look very close, you will see that it is only more open here, but exists everywhere. You should be happy, that people are that honest and open about it to you instead. Your western wife or friend would never be. But, YES! You are right, money comes first, but it is not related to Thailand. Just more open.”

So tell us what you meant. 

But you are focusing on only western women, and I was focusing on the whole world. Do you get it know?

• Haha 1

It's easy to understand why most Thais are obsessed by money.

Their wages are pitifully small.

When they are too old to work, or ill, their only support is the family unit.

For the vast majority of Thais, the government gives a monthly pension of 600 baht when they hit 60. 800 baht if they make it to 80 yo.

In their shoes, I'd be fixated on money too.

IMO the OP is just demonstrating his abysmal ignorance.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

But you are focusing on only western women, and I was focusing on the whole world. Do you get it know?

More nonsense from you there. You wrote western.  
I simply replied to what you wrote

You referred to Thailand and western women. Either way, it’s just nonsense. 

2 hours ago, NextG said:

More nonsense from you there. You wrote western.  
I simply replied to what you wrote

You referred to Thailand and western women. Either way, it’s just nonsense. 

Whatever rocks your boat

Money buys sex, same worldwide. 

If wanting a loving relationship, then a wee bit of effort is needed, that few seem to invest.  Such a sad membership on AN, apparently have never loved or been loved except maybe by mom.

You'd think after 30-50 years of trying, y'all would get it right, at least once.

Even failed love is better than some of the outlooks & attitudes expressed on this forum.  No wonder the flying club has so many members.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, KhunLA said:

If wanting a loving relationship, then a wee bit of effort is needed, that few seem to invest.  Such a sad membership on AN, apparently have never loved or been loved except maybe by mom.

You'd think after 30-50 years of trying, y'all would get it right, at least once.

Even failed love is better than some of the outlooks & attitudes expressed on this forum.  No wonder the flying club has so many members.

It really is sad. Beaten men trying to infect others with their misery, failure and negativity. 
Women are people, just like you. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Agree....    its often of no surprise whatsoever that some of the beaten bitter men posting on this forum are 'beaten and bitter.'.. they parade their misogyny with a sense pride and seem to have no concept that is is likely their underlying broken attitudes which placed them in the situation they find themselves in, in the first place....   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Please define your version of normal.

Wouldn’t want to use time doing that to no purpose. You are already arguing with the indefensible, so it wouldn’t be intelligent for me to spend a lot of time posting a definition, only for the same thing to happen again. 

5 hours ago, NextG said:

Wouldn’t want to use time doing that to no purpose. You are already arguing with the indefensible, so it wouldn’t be intelligent for me to spend a lot of time posting a definition, only for the same thing to happen again. 

But you have time to to reply with other posts. I take that as a denial of your ability to actually give an explanation that falls in line if your defence tactics.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

But you have time to to reply with other posts. I take that as a denial of your ability to actually give an explanation that falls in line if your defence tactics.

Or it could be that I’m simply not interested in engaging in useless pastimes. 
Did you really imagine that I would define ‘normal’ to your satisfaction?

In all seriousness, ‘normal’ can cover a wide spectrum. 

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agree....    its often of no surprise whatsoever that some of the beaten bitter men posting on this forum are 'beaten and bitter.'.. they parade their misogyny

no, it's not that simple to label it misogyny.

the divorce rates in the west are out of control.

and to add further proof that it's not misogyny, check out this youtube channel by a woman bashing other women on how they behave in marriage. 

here she is blaming women for initiating 80% of divorces. 

55 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If I were in a cage with a tiger, I wouldn't turn my back and trust it not to take a chunk out of me. This doesn't equate to me hating tigers.

I've been on the receiving end of bad/schizo women, both in USA & TH, and luckily/smartly, not married to them.   They are their own worst promoter of evil bi-atches.

Thankful in one aspect, as I used to be a defender of women, now, I don't believe a damn thing they say, especially if money & control is involved.

Still a romantic, but one does have to tread lightly.

Though married 4X, I would never endorse it for anyone, for any reason.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

And, according to you and your previous posts. What are you doing now? ????

Thank you for so quickly confirming what I thought of you in the first instance. At least now I’m sure to not waste more time with such a foolish endeavour. 

• Haha 1