VPN service expats use in Thailand

docinbangkok

15 hours ago, Pi Tao said:

Proton VPN

Me too.

It's not cheap. 

I think my current plan is about 5 dollars a month.

I picked it based on reviews but mainly because they let you choose optimized servers for file sharing purposes (torrents, streaming Stremio, etc.). 

They have a free level for basic stuff but for the file sharing services, you must pay.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

Depends what you are using it for ..

if you just want something to watch UK and overseas TV, not too fussed about the quality of the picture (still very good) then surfshark is more than OK and cheap.

If you want a reliable provider for overseas TV, then something like PIA and Express are good, they offer specific servers for streaming services, there can be problems from time to time and the provider is usually fast to react. People like Netflix and BBC can easily detect vpn usage,

if you want privacy, mullvad, is the best - and proton. Mullvad is proven to be secure, and proton is swiss based making it secure or you can set up your own on a vps. 

if you are looking for something fast, reliable and cheap use a smart dns service, more reliable than vpn. 

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

Don't use any independent VPN. Have my own android box. Use tvonholiday package which have there own VPN, can watch any sport live and all UK channels with catch up from any country for £60 per year

Does it include Sky Sports and TNT channels?

Just noticed that payment is with Paypal. Forget that.

Edited by Lite Beer
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lite Beer said:

Does it include Sky Sports and TNT channels?

Just noticed that payment is with Paypal. Forget that.

No. My android box has those. I told them I did not have PayPal, they found a way around it and I paid with my visa debit card

Been using StrongVPN for 9 years with a VPN router for the house na clients on my iPhone and iPads, upgraded to their VPN accelerator last year with a ASUS mesh router setup.. Works perfectly for all my streaming, even NetFlix.. $85 per year covers all devices including the router which still works as a backup and the Accelerator/mesh setup.. Great customer service if needed… Highly recommend them!!