Ex-Thai PM Thaksin Undergoes Medical Scans, Health Condition Confirmed Stable

webfact

50 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

At least Mr Thaksin is back in Thailand, how about the Red Bull guy?

I guess he is also a rich untouchable Thai, and choses to stay free in some other part of the world.

Yes I realize there has been a lot of money paid to others affected, but is that justice?  Just my

mutterings about people in general, rich and poor.

Nice to have money !

15 hours ago, geisha said:

Not an excuse game, health issues are confidential, or don’t you know that ? 

For convicted criminals who are basically having their sentences postponed/suspended without a court case..... well I never. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

At least Mr Thaksin is back in Thailand, how about the Red Bull guy?

I guess he is also a rich untouchable Thai, and choses to stay free in some other part of the world.

Yes I realize there has been a lot of money paid to others affected, but is that justice?  Just my

mutterings about people in general, rich and poor.

Maybe the Red Bull guy if afraid of doctors...

16 hours ago, stoner said:

since he returned to this country i do not believe most of what has been shoveled to the public regarding this man. 

neither should you. 

Yes for example he is sick enough to be considered for parole but well enough to be wanted to assist the PM in office?

Imagine being caught stealing from the office, running away but then being offered a job in the same office?  TIT!

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2023 at 5:08 AM, webfact said:

image.jpeg

In a recent development, the Director-General of the Corrections Department, Mr. Ratchatathat, has confirmed that former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has undergone CT scans and an MRI to assess his current health condition.

The medical procedures were conducted after Mr. Thaksin experienced recent health issues. His family and close relatives have been informed of the entire process, and the Corrections Department is considering the possibility of granting him parole should his treatment surpass the 60-day mark, reported TV CH3 plus and Agencies.

Recent images circulated on social media depict Mr. Thaksin being transferred on a hospital bed, wearing ablue patient's gown and a medical mask. Two people standing beside the patient's bed appear to be family members.

As reported by Mr. Sakhakan Petcharinrat, the acting Director-General of the Corrections Department, medical staff conducted both the CT scan and MRI on Mr. Thaksin earlier today, concluding the procedures by 11:00 AM. Presently, his condition remains stable, and he has returned to his room within the patient ward.

Specific details concerning his ailment continue to be kept confidential, respecting patient rights and upholding medical ethics.

To clarify the decision to perform the scans, Mr. Sakhakan emphasized that they were unrelated to any brain-related issues. He further explained that the medical team diligently oversees the health of all patients, and the choice to conduct these scans did not originate from Mr. Thaksin himself.

Regarding whether Mr. Thaksin's family had been informed of the scans, Mr. Sakhakan confirmed that it is customary to keep relatives apprised of all aspects of the treatment. Nevertheless, the medical team has not conveyed any extension of Mr. Thaksin's stay beyond the initial 60-day period thus far.

image.jpeg

Picture: Internet

Furthermore, commencing on October 22nd, Mr. Thaksin will begin a phase of receiving treatment outside the prison facility for a duration exceeding 60 days.

In such an eventuality, the medical team will furnish recommendations to the Director-General of the Corrections Department, who will subsequently assess the recommendations and present them to the Ministry of Justice. Should the treatment period surpass 120 days, it will require approval from a ministerial level within the Ministry of Justice.

Top Picture: TV CH3

-- ASEAN NOW 2023-10-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

the road gets paved for this old crook to walk out this hospital (on taxpayers' money) as a free man  without a scratch!

rich man's punishment! ????

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

This just wouldn't happen in most civilised countries, the whole circus that's gone on is an insult to Thai people. That they, even with their culture of acceptance and non-confrontation, put up with this is beyond me.

No matter what your opinion of whether Thaksin's convictions were right or not, he WAS convicted and sentenced to 8 years in prison.  He has failed to spend even 1 full day in a normal prison cell since arriving back in the country.  Within a few weeks of being sentenced he was then let off 7 years of that 8 year sentence and is, I have no doubt, currently living a life of relative 'luxury' in 'hospital' whilst they work out a way of releasing him completely.

Would a normal Thai person receive such treatment? Not a hope.

The generals are still running the country, they've got rid of their main opposition that would have formed a government in any other country and installed their puppets via a deal with Thaksin and his party. 

What amazes me is the constant play acting that has gone on - with every episode acting out the charade that's been presented to the country. Nobody believes it, its akin to a children's TV series yet it continues.

You don't have to be Einstein to see that the whole election/democracy/Thaksin circus has been nothing but a sham and every Thai person that I've discussed this situation is fully aware of that.

Why do the generals/elite need to do this? They hold absolute power and have removed any potential threat to the trough they feed at called Thailand - again!  Is it an attempt to try and portray Thailand as a free and fair democracy to the rest of the world?  If so, then I would suggest that those who dreamt up this nonsense don't realise that the rest of the world and indeed the Thai people, have a few grains more intelligence than they give them credit for.

The only credit they are due is that they have, through their 'Senate', worked out a way of keeping control of the trough without the need for coups.  I didn't think it would work, I thought there would be riots once the Thai's realised they'd been shafted by the 'new constitution' but I don't see any sign of them rising up.

You dun see people rising up coz many want Thaksin back 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Imagine being caught stealing from the office, running away but then being offered a job in the same office?

Isn't that what happened with one of Chalerm's sons.

Convicted for shooting a soldier in a nightclub, then got the job of firearm instructor with the police

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/14/2023 at 9:05 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I certainly do. I want him locked up eating fish heads and rice till he dies.

IMO he was the worst thing to happen to Thailand since the Japanese invaded.

Nonsense.

Gen. Suchinda and some of the other dictators were far, far worse. 

• Like 2

On 10/14/2023 at 10:00 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Just make sure that every day in a hospital is not counted as a day in jail.

When he is feeling better again then he should resume his time in jail.

I think he was already one day in jail, so start counting with the 2nd day when he is back in his cell. 

You must be gutted! ????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/14/2023 at 9:05 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I certainly do. I want him locked up eating fish heads and rice till he dies.

IMO he was the worst thing to happen to Thailand since the Japanese invaded.

Even worse than the unelected (there will be no coup) soldier who forced himself into power backed by other soldiers, tanks and guns and stayed there for nine years?? 

At least whatever people think of him, Thaksin was  elected by the Thai electorate.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1