Behind Bars in Thailand: Exclusive Interview with Danish John Finn in Pattaya Prison

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

As I step into the visiting room, I find myself lost among the sea of faces, trying to locate him. Even amidst the limited number of white men, or ‘farangs’ as they are referred to in Thailand, it is difficult to spot him through the thick glass separating visitors from those serving time. After a swift scan, we lock eyes, and with a warm and inviting smile, he eagerly signals me over.

What version of ChatGPT?

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

"“Philip approached me in Foodland and persistently pestered me to sell him Ice. Initially, I declined, but after relentless requests, I mentioned I might have some friends who could assist. So, I exchanged ‘Line’ details with him and promised to get back. Three days later, I did just that,” John continues."

5555555  he deserves jail time just for being a fool>

If someone approached me anywhere asking for Ice, i'd tell him to F#@k off 

Yeah I think that he should have taken the visit as a warning to stop for awhile lay low clean up the apartments.  Big daddy is on to him.

My question is with a convicted served sentence how did he get in the country.  Also where did he get the money for a construction company 

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Yes my mistake I'm being driven insane by 2 chain saws cutting down rubber trees continuously now for 8 frigging days ???? hard to concentrate on anything ????

Either way he looks about 70+

It can get even worse.

Dutch guy made money from selling weed. At that time it was allowed to sell weed , so he made a good income.

He payed tax on that income so all legal. But it seemed he didnt pay tax on all.

Then he went to Thailand and Dutch government was "somehow angry", as they missed tax. So they send formal papers to Thailand about drugs money. They didnt tell all was legal earnend ! They didn tell it was tax avoiding. Thailand started investigation itself(?) and took him to prison for 103 years.

Dutch government was thinking about laundering money and not paying tax, but, guess not that much proof.

So they set this up for him in Thailand. That is "my "country.

Ok, not paying tax is fraude, but changed to drugs money, worse for Thailand and not really explaining what it really was about.

So he was a convicted drug dealer in his home country and came to Thailand and sold drugs again??  Lock this turd up for 20 years, then deport his disgraceful butt. 

If the Thai government wants police background checks for long stay visas, I'm all for it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I read bit of the article in Scandasia.

Typical of substance abusers, nothing is his fault.

Habitual liars sometimes tell the truth but not possible to know what is true and what is a lie.

"Christa, the Danish vicar in Thailand", there should be an organization "Saps for Jesus" for people who help the undeserving and always seem very self-righteous about what they do.

I once talked to a cleaned up druggie who told me that at the end of his using, "nobody was glad to see me", sounds like this guy's story as well.

Interesting to learn how quickly his sentence was reduced.

Basically his story doesn't pass the sniff test, smells like week old fish.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Just another shady falang selling drugs, ruins peoples lives including Thai girls

Come on now, no one is forcing the Thai girls to do drugs, just like you and I aren't forced to partake, it's an option, take it or leave it. Anyone that chooses to take drugs isn't some helpless pawn.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 9:40 AM, ThaiFelix said:

Yeah but you can get out very easily if you know the right people, say youre sick, say you just want to live out your days with your kids, and whammo they are talking early parole!

You need to be a multi-billionaire for that to work.  I'm a UK pensioner!

On 10/17/2023 at 8:36 AM, mikebell said:

You can get jailed for playing Bridge in Pattaya, particularly if you are over 70!

As it should be.  Have you seen some of those bridge players?  A pretty scary bunch that you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley.  Not quite as rough as the lawn bowling/ croquet crowd though. 

9 hours ago, bbko said:

Come on now, no one is forcing the Thai girls to do drugs, just like you and I aren't forced to partake, it's an option, take it or leave it. Anyone that chooses to take drugs isn't some helpless pawn.

it's an age thing, usually young and naive, poor education most likely and makes their lives even worse. Low of the low farang

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

As it should be.  Have you seen some of those bridge players?  A pretty scary bunch that you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley.  Not quite as rough as the lawn bowling/ croquet crowd though. 

I was one but found they weren't tough enough so I've become a table-tennis player as a better outlet for violence.

• Haha 1