What would you do if someone stole your bag?

Chris Daley

1 hour ago, Chris Daley said:

-  chase them, stamp on them and kick them in the face

-  call the police

-  ask the nearest man for help (woman)

-  chase them, take the bag back and give them some money

-  forget it because your money is in the bank

What is in the bag? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Dead right, had my wallet picked from my bag on crowded baht bus. Dum fark I am!!

I was just thinking about this the other day, lived in Bangkok for years, travelled on the bus many times, I forget where I kept my money and cards now, maybe a slim wallet in my shirt pocket, idk. Before I started work and was dodging around BKK at all times of day and night, I had a big fabric wallet with a surf company logo on. I also used at weekends - Never ever had a problem with pickpockets, even when leaving a club, looking for a taxi and those times where ladyboys try and walk up close to you and try to distract you.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

-  call the police

"chase them, stamp on them and kick them in the face."  Yes I would, but only if it was an adult and male. If it was a female, a hard slap across the face, and only in self defence. I would find it hard to lift my hands to a woman.

• Confused 1

I've been pick-pocketed twice...   (both in European cities)...

... both occasions I was drunk but still alert....

... both occasions I felt the pick-pocketers hand go into my pocket....

... both occasions the pick-pocketers were female (pretending to flirt)....   

... both occasions I was able to grab their wrist and take my money back...   

Neither situation did I consider attacking the women.

In both situations I was aware of the fact that they may not be alone.

If it was a guy I might have felt differently, but again, its unlikely they were alone. 

So... I'd like to say, I'd react and 'kick the s#it out of them'... but the reality is different...

IF someone tried to 'grab my back' I'd perhaps react physically to prevent that from happening. 

If they had a weapon, then just let it go. 

Each situation could be so different and these hypothetical situations so full of 'whatifery' that giving a real response is impossible.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

My boyfriend would take care of it (him) - 40 years younger than me, fast on his feet, strong as an ox and learned to fight as a conscript here.

A couple of years ago someone drew a knife on him at the exit from a gay disco in BKK at 0200. Before you could say Bob's yer Uncle the other guy was on his back on the pavement having the s... kicked out of him.

Gay Chuck Norris

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

-  call the police

I would probably go with the 'grab my bag back' option but didn't see it here so guess it doesn't count.

The point is to be street smart and avoid anybody trying to get to close, or who comes over and asks a question. Almost got caught this summer in Europe, when an eastern european chap with a map came over to ask his way. Spontaneously i was trying to show him the way, when my girlfrien suddenly saw how he was using one hand to hold the map and below the map, hiding his other hand heading towards my pocket. I just stepped back fast, said thank you and walked away, On looking back few meters further, the chap had just vanished. East europeans are obviously not the only ones, but they do have well organised gangs that operate all over the world.