Disgusted with the roads!

CanadaSam

The main Pattaya roads are a disgrace.. Too much reconstruction going on at the same time..

I have a nice car but I will often call a Grab so I don't have the aggravation of dealing with detours and disappearing lanes..

It's going to be good in a couple of years but I'm running out of time!

• Haha 2

In 2022 the Pattaya municipality electorate had the chance to register their displeasure towards the family responsible for the appalling infrastructure and the billions " wasted " on unfinished projects that have been seen in the city over the last 2 decades. The voter turnout was 49.96%. Galling as it is, I have little sympathy for those who have an opportunity to at least try and make a change but can't be bothered to vote for it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My friend of mine who was recently visiting from India constantly was remarking on how good the roads were here especially the highways (not really taking into account the congestion or the traffic), it was the quality of the infrastructure.

Pattaya, Samui, and some other towns and areas in particular have the unique problem of a mayor who resembles a Hoover vacuum, with local funds. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

I mentioned that in the same sentence as ferrari's, lamborghini's, almost all the roads in Pattaya are unpassable for those cars being centimetres above the road.

And yet I see lambo's and the like on the roads in Pattaya almost daily, yes they are low to the ground but not belly scraping low.

Which roads in particular are unpassable ?

Edited by Ralf001
  • Confused 1

Roads are ok in Thailand.

Traffic bad in cities.

Road works are very disorganized and dam right dangerous at night.

I drive Pattaya to Undon a few times a year. roads are good

Pattaya, my car was parked up most of the time. one trip to Makro every two weeks.

that was a about it.

Just used the motor bike, it's the only way to get around the town. as the traffic is just outrageous.

( if you got the bottle) :giggle:

Edited by quake

17 hours ago, bobbin said:

The main Pattaya roads are a disgrace.. Too much reconstruction going on at the same time..

I have a nice car but I will often call a Grab so I don't have the aggravation of dealing with detours and disappearing lanes..

It's going to be good in a couple of years but I'm running out of time!

The condition of the road surfaces deters me from using the motorcycle a lot these days. It's near impossible to avoid every pothole or oversized dip that jars ones back and makes a broken wheel bearing a possible result. I particularly have issues on the Railway Line Bypass heading South from Hwy 36, which was dug up for drainage pipes and the resulting resurfacing an absolute disgrace. 

As said, I don't understand how low-riding sports cars manage, my Hi-Rider gets some decent jolts!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It's near impossible to avoid every pothole or oversized dip that jars ones back and makes a broken wheel bearing a possible result.

And how many wheel bearings have you broken ?

A tyre and rim will be damaged long before you do a wheel bearing.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

I mentioned that in the same sentence as ferrari's, lamborghini's, almost all the roads in Pattaya are unpassable for those cars being centimetres above the road.

Which would you consider more suited to these "unpassable" roads ?

lamborghini huracan.

or

Honda Civic.