savannakhet now require bank statement (400k) for 1 year multi visa (non-O marriage or Thai family)

7 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

WOW!

You really are being turned over.

What do you mean with that? I have been happily married for over 10 years. Please explain, as you just take some words out of nowhere and point them at me. You do not know what class we belong to. Everyone is not a monger and marry the first whore they see. You do not know what layer of society we belong to, and what people we associate with. Do you?

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

What do you mean with that? I have been happily married for over 10 years. Please explain, as you just take some words out of nowhere and point them at me. You do not know what class we belong to. Everyone is not a monger and marry the first whore they see. You do not know what layer of society we belong to, and what people we associate with. Do you?

You protesteth too much.

Anyone with class would not need to do that.

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, hotandsticky said:

You protesteth too much.

Please explain again. What are your meaning with your comments? Let´s just face it. You know nothing about me. How can you say I am really being turned over? In what way? Silly comments, gets you nowhere.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, chakeeoyen said:

If possible when you pick-up your visa tomorrow, could you ask if they'll accept proof of income? 

Unless this is by means of an embassy letter, I would be extremely surprised if they would consider income (and maybe not even then). Savannakhet tends to try to be helpful, but trying to deal with income proof would be a nightmare. No harm asking, I suppose.

Needed advice...I obtained my first 3 month visa from Chaengwattnaa, Bangkok after marriage and i get 2 month stamp from Chumphon immigration.... my visa expiry date is 17 November 2023.

Now i would wanted to have 3 month Non O single entry Visa from Savannakhet. Should i visit now or visit after 17 November and apply for visa?

9 hours ago, In the jungle said:

I am also interested in the answer to that question.

If they are consistent with other Thai Consulates and Embassies worldwide the answer would be that they will accept statements from any country provided they show the required amount.

As an example the last time I applied for an E visa in London the statement I provided was from an offshore bank.  The application was granted.  

The problem is, this new requirement for 400k baht in the bank is actually the same as the requirement for a 12 month extension of stay (marriage) - it bears no resemblence to that (stated to be) required either now or in the past by those embassies/consulates that offered MENO's. The cynical side of me thinks that Thai Immigration have realised that some people are using MENO's to in effect live in Thailand without having to show 400k in the bank for an extension, and have therefore made it a requirement for a MENO.  The amount required is out of kilter with the stay provided by a MENO (90 days per entry) compared to that of an extension (12 months). 

For an extension the money has to be in a Thai bank account and seasoned for I believe, 2 months. At the moment they don't seem to be requiring the seasoning but it remains to be seen whether or not they want it to be in a Thai bank account.  If they do, that would also be out of order because as I've said before - technically someone who is not resident in Thailand is not eligible for a Thai bank account.  I know many have one but I suspect that quite a lot of people who are using MENO's as they are intended - i.e. to visit their wife rather than live in Thailand, will not actually have a Thai account.

Hopefully they will accept proof of funds in a foreign account but I'm still awaiting a reply on the subject from Savannakhet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, WebGuy said:

When I said I would like to apply for one year non-immigrant O visa, she immediately said I needed financial requirements proved. She accepted the copies of my bank book and also had a detailed look at my original bank book.

Big thank you for your report.

One question please: Only bank book or also any supporting letter from the bank? And when was the Bank Book updated, I assume the evening before application?

Second question: Fix term deposit or Saving/Current Account?

Cheers!

Edited by IgboChief

4 hours ago, In the jungle said:

The money was never the issue.

I will continue using Savannakhet as the admin burden is much smaller and the process is minimally intrusive.

Bonus:

- you are not put under consideration and have to go a second time for the final visa stamp

- you do not need to bring neighbors or wives

- in the morning their baguettes are great

14 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Your first post on here was a dig at me for not having 400k in a bank account.

Now you're acting up when someone gives you a little dig? Tells us all we need to know about which class you belong to: No class.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, megapix said:

Another report from Facebook group says that you need to season the money for 3 months. 

Not sure if this is in case of overseas account or Thai one. Waiting for answer.

OP in the comments confirmed that he used 3 months Thai bank account statements. Not overseas. Well I dont know what to do now 😄 If true then money needs to be seasoned ?

@WebGuy can you please confirm that you got Non-O multi with only bank book copies ?

Thank you.

Could contain:

1 hour ago, megapix said:

Another report from Facebook group says that you need to season the money for 3 months. 

Not sure if this is in case of overseas account or Thai one. Waiting for answer.

How much money are we talking about, and why would it need to be seasoned? Personally I think this a load of bull perpetuated by visa agents looking to make some money.

A friend of mine told me that the most well known visa agent with offices in BKK is charging 40,000 for non-o based on marriage, crazy pricing! Married individuals can stay here perfectly legally, so why is it so costly? The volunteer option isn't much more expensive, and that one is completely illegitimate, giving holders of this visa type a lot of issues when they try to re-enter Thailand. 

A multiple entry visa only gives you 90 days in the country, then you must leave. You could re-enter of course, but the point is that you have left the country. The financial requirements should be a lot less stringent.

EDIT: I just noticed that it has been mentioned foreign bank account details are fine, the requirement to use a Thai bank is not applicable in these cases? If this is the case then no problem, I can easily show transfers from my US account to my Thai account. Bizarre that IO in TH will not accept them in conjunction with my TH bank statements. Very easy to prove where the money came from this way.

Edited by Brickleberry

Guys,

I received one year non-immigrant O visa today. Please look at my previous post in this thread for financial proof details I have submitted. 

Let me know if you have any questions and I will respond.

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, WebGuy said:

Guys,

I received one year non-immigrant O visa today. Please look at my previous post in this thread for financial proof details I have submitted. 

Cheers!

Just connecting those details for ease of reading:

Guys, the latest report from Savannakhet:

I submitted the documentation for non-immigrant O visa based on marriage today at 9:15am. I also provided my child's birth certificate and copy of tabian ban as well as KR2 paper and it was taken by the immigration officer.

When I said I would like to apply for one year non-immigrant O visa, she immediately said I needed financial requirements proved. She accepted the copies of my bank book and also had a detailed look at my original bank book.

That was all. The money wasn't seasoned but was transfered to my bank account yesterday.

I think I should receive my visa tomorrow and I not, I will inform you here.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, WebGuy said:

Guys,

Cheers!

Thanks Webguy. Is there a required period 400k needs to be in bank account for?

Did you need bank statements? 

Did you need letter from bank?

Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, MangoKorat said:

The money might not be an issue for most folks - especially if they will accept the income method. The issue for some may be - if they require it to be in a Thai bank account.

I agree.

One of the reasons why I have used Savannakhet until now is because I did not want 400K or 800K sitting in a Thai bank diminishing in value.

Even with this new financial requirement Savannakhet is still the option I prefer over marriage extension or retirement extension in country.  Ideally they will accept 400K in a foreign bank consistent with other Thai Embassies and Consulates but, as of now, that is insufficiently clear.

6 hours ago, IgboChief said:

Bonus:

- you are not put under consideration and have to go a second time for the final visa stamp

- you do not need to bring neighbors or wives

- in the morning their baguettes are great

You must be a mind reader. 

When I mentioned that I like the trips to Laos I was thinking specifically of coffee and baguettes.  There is a great little restaurant next door to the hotel I stay at that does both very well. 

7 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

Your first post on here was a dig at me for not having 400k in a bank account.

Now you're acting up when someone gives you a little dig? Tells us all we need to know about which class you belong to: No class.

The only thing I need to tell you, is that you are a loser, if you can´t meet the small requirements of financial security that Thailand asks for. I guess that was end of this discussion.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

IF you want a year long, multi-entry Non-O visa based on marriage to a thai you DO need to show 400K baht in a thai bank account in your name only OR the equivalent in a foreign bank account. There is NO seasoning required on the funds, just has to show IN your account on the day you apply

Thank you very much for this clarification, which I find valuable. Can save an in-successful 500km joyride.

I fully agree with you: Savannaketh is still a great option and nothing much changed, except adding the bank book to the list of documents. (I always had it with me, just in case. It felt right.)

8 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Okay boyz and squirrellz
Just got confirmation from two different visa run companies who lug foreigners to Savannakhet for visas, that IF you want a year long, multi-entry Non-O visa based on marriage to a thai you DO need to show 400K baht in a thai bank account in your name only OR the equivalent in a foreign bank account. There is NO seasoning required on the funds, just has to show IN your account on the day you apply 

They will only sell you a single if you don't have that.

That puts Savannakhet right on par with Penang in Malaysia (which requires 400K baht or the equivalent to issue the same visa). Any way you slice it, it's still a good way to get a year long, multi-entry Non-O visa based on marriage to a thai
AND
Just so everyone is clear, you CANNOT get a year-long, multi-entry Non-O based on raising thai children from Savannakhet, they do not issue it,   

On the above visa - do you still have to leave Thailand every 90 days?

On 10/24/2023 at 6:46 PM, Pouatchee said:

what multi entry?

tourist?

marriage?

not clear.

if tourist multi entry how can he open bank account and put money in as a tourist

i am rusty about visas but seems op is not clear

its clear in the headline of the story. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, V8M8 said:

its clear in the headline of the story. 

Dude this is old news.

The guy edited the headline cos at first it wasnt clear

Dont believe me?

Look on 1st page you will see where he changed it. This thread is like 2-3 weeks old... geez

Edited by Pouatchee