Not Liking Thai People

JimTripper

1 hour ago, Chris Daley said:

I avoid people whenever I can.  I spent 4 months in a small condo.  Just a bed and desk and not a human in sight.  I only went home at the weekends.  Absolute bliss.

I did meet one human.  A little guy.  Something was very wrong with him as he couldn't speak English.  He asked to see my proof that I paid the rent.  So I showed it to him.  He went away.

"Something was very wrong with him as he couldn't speak English."

A very strange perhaps very arrogant comment. 

Can you speak Thai?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I'm the opposite, I no longer want to be around foreigners here in Thailand 

Their continual whinging and whining, they seem to be always bitter and nasty. 

The Thai bashers are the worst. 

If you think this forum has a preponderance of Thai bashers, you should have a trawl with the trolls that spend their day posting "comments" on the newspaper that can't be mentioned here. That collective of sadness makes this forum look like a long weekend in Blackpool in October.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, scorecard said:

"Something was very wrong with him as he couldn't speak English."

A very strange perhaps very arrogant comment. 

Can you speak Thai?

I think this was a parody - but it is hard to tell sometimes. I thought the OP might be a parody at first, but it appears not.

• Like 1

Does OP speak even a few words of Thai?  It never ceases to amaze me how many guys can live in thailand for years and never learn more than 10 words of Thai.

I have always said that the real reason i return to thailand year after year is the Thai people. 

The bars, the girls, the cheap prices all come and go but the Thai people continue to amaze me year after year with how very nice the vast majority of Thai people are if you at least make an attempt to joke around with them a bit....and if you take time to learn at least a few very basic phrases you will be rewarded with many smiles.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:
4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I'm the opposite, I no longer want to be around foreigners here in Thailand 

Their continual whinging and whining, they seem to be always bitter and nasty. 

The Thai bashers are the worst. 

If you think this forum has a preponderance of Thai bashers, you should have a trawl with the trolls that spend their day posting "comments" on the newspaper that can't be mentioned here. That collective of sadness makes this forum look like a long weekend in Blackpool in October.

For some any opinion which casts a shadow over any aspect of Thailand or Thai's will be termed a Thai Bash.

Then for others, any defense and opposition to a negative opinion is 'wearing rose tinted glasses'.

For the vast majority of us there is the balanced middle ground between the two extremes - Thai Bashing and Rose Tinted Glasses, where normal life here yields the same normal observations that Thai's themselves have, whereby through exposure and experience its obvious that not everything is perfect, there are fair and reasonable criticisms, while at the same time, not everything is as negative as some make out. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, uzynkotak said:

I don't vibe with most Thais either. 

same.

most i give a wide berth.

even the thais i had breakfast with this morning. trying to get an honest and straight forward answer out of them was like pulling teeth!

They have to go all round the houses and back again before they tell you what they really want.

It’s hard for straight talking foreigners to understand this frustrating aspect of Thai culture.

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Of course you can mention that newspaper, you're just not allowed to post links to it (the BP's stipulation, not AN's).

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

I love the post but what's with this spelling? There's no such word. 

If 'alot' bothers you, then you will find an unending source of annoyance here... at least everyone knew what he meant - not a lot of challenge there. [not their] 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Who are  "They"      Celsius?.....the collective Thai population who are all wanting & planing to drive him out........

Think maybe its time to evaluate the price of shares in Tin foil Hats..........:coffee1:

Please, don't shout, we can hear you! 😏

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

More than 31000 girls and women were raped in Thailand last year and about 60% of them were university students and school pupils, ...

No matter what anyone thinks, this is what it is, and true. I have a Thai ex, who did me wrong, a Thai girlfriend, who treats me well, but still doesn't fully understand what western life is, as she has never left Thailand. I have a half Thai daughter. I have never been racist or prejudiced against any race or creed, growing up near NYC alongside all races and creeds, and fit in very well with them. This country, and others surrounding it, have done things a certain way for generations. Things which are not considered normal behavior, but have been forced on them by the rich and "powerful". They fear speaking out, unlike other countries where you can say whatever you want and won't be arrested or killed, as long as it's not threatening.                                                                                                                                                                            People, meaning men, move here for a variety of reasons, the women being the major one, because you can have a younger, pretty girlfriend whereas back in their country it would be much harder or impossible unless you have a lot of money. Some come here because they can't stand their country anymore so leave. I can't wait to get back home with my daughter here, and would leave today if I had the means to re settle there now.                                                                                                                                  This is not a good place for girls or women. They are victimized and used daily, a lot more than back home. Especially in universities. More than 31000 girls and women were raped in Thailand last year and about 60% of them were university students and school pupils, ...This is a main reason I will leave with my daughter before it has a chance to happen. The Thai men aren't held accountable for the children they make like men are back home. This is another reason I don't want my daughter growing up here.                                                                                                                                                                                                                               The roads are among the most dangerous on earth, and that won't change for decades to come. I have had at least 6 dogs that called my house a home, although they came here because I was nice to them and gave them food, poisoned by some sick jerk**f that doesn't want dogs running through his cassava, as I've been told. I don\t know who they are, so I can't do anything until I do. They , for the most part in what I've seen and heard, don't really care for their animals once they are past puppy or kitten stage, letting them run rampant all over and getting hit by cars here more than I've ever seen. How you treat your animals is how you treat humans.                               I have been around hundreds of village people in the years I've lived here, and most seem to accept me (not knowing what's behind those smiles), so I don't have a problem with the majority of them, even though they might not like me in reality. If you can speak Thai, of course you can "fit in" a little better, although making friends here isn't an easy thing to do for most of us, because of the language barrier, and a relationship only happens because of good communication.                                                                          All I see and hear, from Thai's, especially women, is that their "friends" , aren't real friends and gossip about them when they aren't around. This is a huge issue here, much more than I saw for 62 years back in the US. I have many good friends back home, and like most others, have a few I can count on, and they aren't talking bad about me when I'm not around, as that always gets back to you eventually. My girlfriend here, who' s 42, tells me she has no friends, at least any she trusts, and this further solidifies what I said. Her own sister in law, who lives next door, tells others about her when she is gossiping to her friends, and this of course , in a little village, gets back to my girlfriend eventually. My girlfriend is a very nice, congenial woman who doesn't say much of anything about others besides what she actually sees herself, and gets along with everyone as far as I can see. This stresses her out all the time, as talking bad about you, even though you might have a thick skin, still gets to you when others do it. If I had my way, I would be gone from here today, taking my girlfriend with me back home. That might happen in time, but for now, my plan is to be gone from here as soon as I can get things together and find a home back home for us. This isn't again, about liking or not liking Thai people, but seeing things as they really are, and not wanting to be around it any longer, as the OP states.

I hope you feel better after that rant. If not, take 2 aspirin and go and have a lie down😂

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1