Were you ever (or never) swoon worthy beautiful at any point in your life? (All genders)

Jingthing

23 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I must be swoonworthy, as just the other day I was walking past a massage parlor, and someone yelled out to me:

"Ooooh, you so han sum ! I want to have your baby !"

The compliment was only slightly diminished due to the caller being a ladyboy. It's the thought that counts.

and she would of tried so hard for you too

Edited by fondue zoo

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

During my peak bloom, I could walk into a disco and be pursued by countless unattractive people but the key point proving swoon worthiness was that I could approach any of the most attractive people in the joint and close to none would reject my approach. Not saying they all wanted to bed down on the spot (most did), but almost never a rude rejection. So that's what I mean as SWOON worthy. A very high level of desirability. 

please tell me it was like this

image.png.00165d9abea4984d7fc9bfab23762387.png

Airplane! (1980) - Photo Gallery - IMDb

image.png.9c77962c68c6a7eaa910889aa27ef16d.png

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, sipi said:

I ran into a familiar face a while back and said to her "you look vaguely familiar. I think I used to sleep with your daughter"

She said "that was me, you idiot"

I almost literally bumped into my ex several years back. My instant thought "Wow.. the ex Mother in Law  is still alive ? " Then I twigged it  was my ex.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, simon43 said:

When I was headmaster of a school in Luang Prabang some 11 years ago, I used to check the classrooms after the students had left for home. For some reason, one of those rooms would have a young and pretty Lao teacher (female) sitting in the room all alone who would simply smile at me and say 'Good afternoon Headmaster'.

I found out later that various female staff members had heard that I was a bachelor (after 3 marriages) and that getting hooked up with the foreign Headmaster was nothing to lose....

Alas, my previous 3 marriages had put me off marriage for good (no shacking up with a Lao lady if unmarried!), and my sex life has been relegated to investment in the Kleenex company and Marigold rubber gloves!

You missed your chance to tap that Lao woman haha.. They get horny just like any other woman and if you are a foreigner she surely would have bed you and wanted more. 

• Sad 1

I have been fortunate all my life with beautiful women. Since I was 10 I have had such luck as to have the prettiest women in their prime of beauty. Although personally I never thought of myself as handsome. 3 marriages and all too women so pretty. Eden now I am fortunate to have a very beautiful wife in Thailand that is not with me for money. I think if you thought yourself handsome or beautiful in your history then you were arrogant at that time. 

• Haha 1

Swoonworthy is hard for me to judge.  When young and even more now at 56, I have intentions of being beautiful.  We seek Beauty in its many forms throughout life and it has always been an endeavor of mine to find beauty in myself.  Some might call this vanity but I disagree.  Self beauty is earned through making difficult choices consistently throughout life.   The vast majority choose to let their beauty deteriorate at different speeds and some even become spiteful of those that have retained their beauty.

My partner is a few years older than me and I was first attracted to her because of her stunning beauty.  She was walking through a market and it seemed like she was floating and everybody was in awe.  We have been together now for nearly 4 years and she is still beautiful and constantly works on her beauty.  She has freakish genetics but even those that weren't born with her level of beauty, like myself, can endeavor to retain their beauty even if it redefined.

To answer the OP's original question.  Some women swooned over me in my younger days when beaty was easy but now at 56, I truly feel as beautiful as I was at 25.  Different type of beauty but the same internal sense of pleasure.

18 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Same as nikmar

Ugly as sin from day 1 and stayed that way for 72 years and counting.

I was so ugly as a baby that my mother later told me 'I had to love you as no one else would'.

Luckily I have other assets that women seem to find attractive. Never short of a girlfriend or three. (A bit awkward at times.)

On the other hand, my wife was gorgeous from the day that I met her when she was 21.

I stole her from another bloke and travelled the world with her.

She was gorgeous until the day that she died (55).

I still love her today.😍

Bravo

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

the key point proving swoon worthiness was that I could approach any of the most attractive people in the joint and close to none would reject my approach.

Maybe they just wanted to be the pretty one.

So often heads turned when I'd walk into a bar that it'd make me uncomfortable. Now? Not so much. And that's even worse, lol. Some vanities just can't be pleased. I actually did turn heads and guys would woof me in passing (woof, for you str8 people, is a good thing) but outside of responses that always surprised me I was never really aware of my own looks. Like I didn't know until much later in life that so many girls were after me when we were kids. I'm still friends with people from grade school who have since fessed up that they had the hots for me back then. Even if I wasn't gay, I wouldn't have had a clue.

My two partners (RIP & RIP) were super hot though the second was not really my type but we just got along too well in pretty much every aspect of life. Great guys. I miss them both terribly. My first guy was the funnest. He always got us drunk before we'd head out so "everyone else would look better." Now I go out after everyone else is drunk so I look better (actually haven't gone out since covid and I won't until I see efficacy numbers of next gen nasal vax).

Looks stayed intact from childhood through teens and well into my 50s. Most of it is luck of genes. Both sets of grandparents were stunning, mom was gorgeous and so youthful in thinking and looks that it was tough to come to terms with her aging because she never looked like any one of her cohorts. Part of my looks might be my Peter Pan syndrome, just kidding, but I do laugh a lot. And part was having kept myself healthy. I've swam a mile a day for most of life, hiked, biked (road and mtn), plant based most my life, no sodas etc. Well into my 60s I've got a zero coronary artery calcium score so pretty much the arteries of a 30something, thank you very much. But also with the arthritis of a 90 year old so exercise is getting problematic.

People still look at me with surprise when I tell them how old I am. I'm getting real sick of hearing "you look good for your age". I much preferred when the guys went "WOOF!"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaicurious said:

Maybe they just wanted to be the pretty one.

So often heads turned when I'd walk into a bar that it'd make me uncomfortable. Now? Not so much. And that's even worse, lol. Some vanities just can't be pleased. I actually did turn heads and guys would woof me in passing (woof, for you str8 people, is a good thing) but outside of responses that always surprised me I was never really aware of my own looks. Like I didn't know until much later in life that so many girls were after me when we were kids. I'm still friends with people from grade school who have since fessed up that they had the hots for me back then. Even if I wasn't gay, I wouldn't have had a clue.

My two partners (RIP & RIP) were super hot though the second was not really my type but we just got along too well in pretty much every aspect of life. Great guys. I miss them both terribly. My first guy was the funnest. He always got us drunk before we'd head out so "everyone else would look better." Now I go out after everyone else is drunk so I look better (actually haven't gone out since covid and I won't until I see efficacy numbers of next gen nasal vax).

Looks stayed intact from childhood through teens and well into my 50s. Most of it is luck of genes. Both sets of grandparents were stunning, mom was gorgeous and so youthful in thinking and looks that it was tough to come to terms with her aging because she never looked like any one of her cohorts. Part of my looks might be my Peter Pan syndrome, just kidding, but I do laugh a lot. And part was having kept myself healthy. I've swam a mile a day for most of life, hiked, biked (road and mtn), plant based most my life, no sodas etc. Well into my 60s I've got a zero coronary artery calcium score so pretty much the arteries of a 30something, thank you very much. But also with the arthritis of a 90 year old so exercise is getting problematic.

People still look at me with surprise when I tell them how old I am. I'm getting real sick of hearing "you look good for your age". I much preferred when the guys went "WOOF!"

Yeah I do hear you look 20 years younger than your age but I definitely feel my age and think they may need an eye exam.

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Actually that was sort of my hook since most men in New York at that time were gay, I had a lot of gay friends and they would invite me to their parties, and I would end up hooking up with their girlfriends who were all straight, and starving for action. There was a seven to one ratio of single available straight women to single available straight men at that time in New York during the '80s.

So it was literally like a potluck, it was so much fun and appearing to be gay was a little bit of an angle, and with all the gay friends that I had it worked out really well. These women were genuinely impressed that I was open-minded enough to have a bunch of gay friends. 

Keep working that post count. 

Next you can tell us about the time you went to Flushing Queens on the 7 train.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah I do hear you look 20 years younger than your age but I definitely feel my age and think they may need an eye exam.

Often I laugh in the many situations that show we don't have the control we'd like to think we have, so I probably laugh most at the egomaniacs and control freaks (if my brother was here I'd be looking at him). And that holds true especially in our own health which often reflects to some degree in our looks. Not that I laugh at someone's ill fortunes, but its the optional nonsense many put themselves through or inflict upon the world that makes me laugh or sigh.

A lot of life we have no control over. I never felt that karma was what people somehow deserve. Rather I've a more practical view that stuff just happens and karma is what we do with what happens. Cause & effect. Not magical thinking. I was lucky in looks, unlucky in arthritis. Karma is not that I deserved either, but how I handle both.

That's why its so important to effort to be healthy because otherwise you wind up compounding hardships of the inevitable. I have spinal degeneration now (exacerbated by arthritis -- and nothing I could have done about either initiating in me). An old friend from junior high has the same spinal condition now but he's done nothing about it since. I've continued with my swims as best I can. I've lost range of motion, some strokes gone (butterfly, backstroke, frog kick weak) but my crawl (free style) is still good, side is good (& I do a combat version, real fun) and partial breaststroke. Can't do the mile a day I did for most of life but can still do a half mile before I feel symptoms. Also I learned physical therapy manipulations to keep the nerves coming out from the collapsing spine from getting too badly mangled and affecting my limbs. I tried getting my friend to care for himself similarly but he's just shot himself up with steroids to somewhat manage pain and now has wound up with a dead foot. Needs a brace to keep his foot from dropping. Oh, that's a good look!

So even when things are getting tough, you can work to keep things from getting even worse, or at least delay that part. The effort we put into our own lives makes a difference. Because of regular exercise and eating properly all these decades, I don't have half the problems many of my cohorts now deal with. No strokes, no heart attacks, no stents, no breathing problems. Brain still works. No HIV, no long covid. I purposely did not put my hand up for the extra suffering in life. I figured there was enough already.

Same with just looks. I've known plenty of people who were never drop dead gorgeous but cared for themselves and were quite accomplished and distinguished in their own rights with their own obvious sexual attractiveness. Alternatively, I've known quite a few guys who were so handsome when younger that they intimidated even me (as cocky me never intimidated easily) but they didn't take care, smoked instead, too much drink, too many drugs and they aged very differently than their youth would have otherwise indicated. Some I'd be hard pressed to recognize today by their own doings. Even more of them are already dead which was so rude of them. First we learn to accumulate, then we learn to let go. Of all the things, of our friends, of our looks, of our lives.

Edited by thaicurious
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, thaicurious said:

People still look at me with surprise when I tell them how old I am.

I apparently look about 10 years younger than I am as people don't know me wonder why I'm not working, but I never did anything special like working out or anything like that, so must be my genes.

However, I never worked in an office, so did get loads of exercise, never smoked, stopped drinking alcohol in my 30s, walked a lot.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I apparently look about 10 years younger than I am as people don't know me wonder why I'm not working, but I never did anything special like working out or anything like that, so must be my genes.

However, I never worked in an office, so did get loads of exercise, never smoked, stopped drinking alcohol in my 30s, walked a lot.

Yeah, exercise doesn't have to be routine as long as a person stays active. And partying is okay as long as you moderate. I hit the gym mostly for the cruising (oops, did I say that out loud). And I do swim regularly but only because I love it. Also I loved biking, especially mountain biking. Boy that was fun! My grandparents were athletic, mom was a swimmer as was her mom, plus my folks were boaters (lived on one when I was a teen), so I've been in water since I was a babe, spent much of life in a bathing suit. Swimming laps for me is my meditation. The exercise aspect is just bonus.

The trick is keeping moving as we age. When younger you feel pain and burn through it to get stronger. But try to burn through it now and something's gonna break. So this is a whole new ballgame. Exercising if not careful can lead to pain, but becoming sedentary pretty much guarantees even more pain and leads to early death. Youth was filled with tricks but it's aging that's so tricky.

• Like 1

Probably never swoon-worthy, but always in the right place at the right time.

During university years I worked summers as a lifeguard on a large ocean beach, and there seemed to be a competition for women to 'do the lifeguard'. I did not disabuse them of their quaint notion. Far be it for me to ruin their summer.

Now, long past lifeguard summers, but still the exact same size and shape as back then, I remain unlikely to be swoon-worthy. I still end up with lovely women somehow. Could it be the physique? Maybe the longish curly locks?  Frankly, I think it's the Gulfstream. LOL

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ! My friend is married to someone who is absolutely plain with wonky teeth and no charm. She thinks he’s good looking. A few very handsome/beautiful film stars are married to very plain people. Another I know is married to someone who is plain stupid, but love is there.  Personally, I love a good smile, nice teeth, good sense of humor, a happy nature and some good looks won’t go amiss of course. I hate loads of makeup , or men who behave «  precious « , both very unattractive. 

50 minutes ago, geisha said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ! My friend is married to someone who is absolutely plain with wonky teeth and no charm. She thinks he’s good looking. A few very handsome/beautiful film stars are married to very plain people. Another I know is married to someone who is plain stupid, but love is there.  Personally, I love a good smile, nice teeth, good sense of humor, a happy nature and some good looks won’t go amiss of course. I hate loads of makeup , or men who behave «  precious « , both very unattractive. 

Nah.

You're talking about personal taste which is something very real that is very different than the topic here.

Edited by Jingthing