TM47 form 90 day report.....Whats the scoop on this nonsense?

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I just did my 90 day report in Jomtien...

The form you refer to is a TM47 and it's required along with couple photocopies at various immigration offices.

CW being one. 

Dont like it leave or use an agent 500b 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The form you refer to is a TM47 and it's required along with couple photocopies at various immigration offices.

CW being one. 

Dont like it leave or use an agent 500b 

I did my first and only in-person 90-day report at "CBI" Jomtien at the start of September and all you had to do then was hand over your passport, take a number, and sit and wait amongst the great unwashed for a bit.

They even had free water, albeit unchilled, in their cute little CBI branded plastic bottles. 

So yeah, having to go from "easy as" to the new rigmarole is understandably frustrating for the Pattaya types.

Obviously I'll be using the agent that handled my visa/extension from now on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, AhFarangJa said:

Why all this hassle travelling to offices. 

For some people going to the office is no hassle at all because they either live close by or it's on their way to meet up with friends or whatever. Or like me, I could use it as an impetus to get out of Bangkok and spend a few hours down at the beach.

At Jomtien it was simple; hand over passport, wait a few minutes, and hey presto reporting complete and receipt with new reporting date printed for you and stapled in your passport (even though that's "illegal" LOL).

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Why all this hassle travelling to offices. 

Personally get very tired of posts such as yours.

Many folk almost brag about "always works perfect for me" brigade.

Fact is it doesn't work for many.

Seems to be down to immigration office.

Which immigration office do you use? 

CW currently taken 15 days from some reports.

After several effortless online 90 reports to CW ...I have subsequently done the last two in person as despite doing them 14 days prior to due date they were still pending into "grace period" 

And yes I use the magnifying glass autofill (no typos).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, redwood1 said:

.I have NEVER NEVER ever had to fill out an address on a 90 day report before EVER.....

I have never done an online 90 day report before but I will look into it now.......

So you have never done a 90 day report before or have you?

I was given some paper to fill out...

Did the 'some paper' have TM30 written on it by any chance? ?

Edited by WorriedNoodle
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I did my first and only in-person 90-day report at "CBI" Jomtien at the start of September and all you had to do then was hand over your passport, take a number, and sit and wait amongst the great unwashed for a bit.

They even had free water, albeit unchilled, in their cute little CBI branded plastic bottles. 

So yeah, having to go from "easy as" to the new rigmarole is understandably frustrating for the Pattaya types.

Smart arse.😉

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Sheist said:

https://aseannow.com/profile/332242-redwood1/

Clarifications required, Jomtien/Pattaya office

1.  Are you saying you had to also submit a TM47 or TM30 as your "address on a 90 day report?

2.  3 copies of ID page only of passport, or "3 copies of passport"? (i.e. every used page)

#1 Yes TM47

#2  Three copies were taken of various pages in my passport.....I did not make the copies so I am not sure which pages.....And the 3 copies needed to be signed....

I don't know 100% but I got the feeling that they were going to want this from now on...

3 hours ago, newnative said:

I just did mine on-line and the process was the same as usual.  Got an email on the 25th that they had received my application, got the approval with the attachment for my passport on the 27th.

So you were not effected by the NEW TM-30 issue that some are reporting. Apparently, some people who are doing online TM47 are being rejected with a note saying the TM30 needs to be updated

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Presumably they charge 500 baht?

Maybe the Thais giving us a little nudge towards using the online 90 day. Saves them work and cuts down the crowds in the office, making it a better working environment for the IOs. I've never had a problem with the online reporting, swift and sure. Plus, you get a reminder to boot.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Presumably they charge 500 baht?

100 baht for smart-arses like me who already use them for visa/extensions. I don't know what their service fee is for TM47 only or even if they're willing/able to provide such a service.

Hard to know with these agents, their bread and butter seems to be the headline stuff like visa$ and exten$ion$.

Eg. they want ฿6k to do an extension to a visa exempt which is out of step with the ฿12.5k for a non-O extension.

Not sure if that's a "go away" price or if they're just passing on the cost of the contribution to the Immigration Policeman's Ball.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

I have always printed out the form at home, filled in the info. I knew and passed it in at the “Drive Thru” here in Chiang Mai. Works for me.

OP is taking about Pattaya. Until recently all you had to do was hand over passport and wait a few minutes.

12 hours ago, redwood1 said:

This sucks big time if they plan to do this from now on..

I have never done an online 90 day report before but I will look into it now.......

Every office I have dealt with have required a completed TM47 and passport copies, some only face page and latest stamp through to every page of passport and a copy of the TM6 - Arrival/Departure Card. You've been lucky if you've managed to avoid it till now.

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

3 copies of each passport with every 90 day report at Jomtien now......Multiply that by all the untold thousands of 90 day reports that happen there every year....

Folks we are talking a Mountain of paper stacking up to the ceiling.........Copies for their records?....Give me a break........

The only sensible thing they can do with all this paper is to throw it all in the trash....

They also introduced that form to return after 3 months of getting your retirement extension. The one that shows you still have the 800K in the bank. I've chosen to ignore that one as there is no record of having returned it anyway.

Combine this latest proof of inferiority complex with taxation of the retirees pension payments and you will see "The Great Escape" - this time not as a movie from 1963 but reality show. 

Of course it is a complete joke considering the fact, that more than half of all Thais don't live at their registered address and well, tax payments by Thais, that is yet another unsolved mystery from outer space. 

Look, all foreigners were born somewhere else and moved here eventually. What those goons do not understand as they are simply too arrogant, racist or straightforward stupid is, that all those alien dirty farang can move again - they all did it once (or more than once) already. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, foreverlomsak said:

Every office I have dealt with have required a completed TM47 and passport copies, some only face page and latest stamp through to every page of passport and a copy of the TM6 - Arrival/Departure Card. You've been lucky if you've managed to avoid it till now.

Pretty much since God created the Earth Jomtien Immigration has Never required anything other than your passport to get a 90 day as far as I know till now....I bet I have got about 60-70    90 days there...

• Haha 1