TM47 form 90 day report.....Whats the scoop on this nonsense?

9 hours ago, bubblegum said:

On line, easy.

Got the approval letter withing 15 minutes online last Tuesday.

Even taking my passport to my IO in Phitsanulok, no forms required, she simply put it in the reader and a paper came out.

Edited by KannikaP

59 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Pretty much since God created the Earth Jomtien Immigration has Never required anything other than your passport to get a 90 day as far as I know till now....I bet I have got about 60-70    90 days there...

Seems they do now.

If so get use to it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

They did it that way as a favor to. Technicallyyou are supposed to fill out Form T47.  Which is mothing new.

Half page form, hardly onerous to complete. 

The hassle is in having to report at all and keep track of the 90 day intervals. 

You keep track of it by reading the date printed on your last report sheet.

Online is the best way.

Online system works OK but be aware if you renew your Visa Extension at the same time as you do your 90 day report you will not get any reminder from the online 90 day system the next time. They obviously do not link properly together at all.😏 

2 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

So you were not effected by the NEW TM-30 issue that some are reporting. Apparently, some people who are doing online TM47 are being rejected with a note saying the TM30 needs to be updated

No, it went through just as it always has.  Fingers crossed that will continue.   

41 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

They did it that way as a favor to. Technicallyyou are supposed to fill out Form T47.  Which is mothing new.

Half page form, hardly onerous to complete. 

The hassle is in having to report at all and keep track of the 90 day intervals. 

As a favour or just to make it easier on themselves? I briefly did that sort of work in the early '90s and the less you had to do to complete each of the hundreds of tasks in the work queue the better. Especially on a Friday arvo! 😅

2 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

100 baht for smart-arses like me who already use them for visa/extensions. I don't know what their service fee is for TM47 only or even if they're willing/able to provide such a service.

Hard to know with these agents, their bread and butter seems to be the headline stuff like visa$ and exten$ion$.

Eg. they want ฿6k to do an extension to a visa exempt which is out of step with the ฿12.5k for a non-O extension.

Not sure if that's a "go away" price or if they're just passing on the cost of the contribution to the Immigration Policeman's Ball.

Immigration Police don't have balls, in fact no RTP have them.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

yep happened to me this week, 3 copiesPP detail page and 2 of visa as well as fill out the TM47, I used to bring a prefilled one always but they said don't need it. Well now they do and if you need a pen for filling out TM 47 you have to go to bldg on the left not the one for 90 day reporting and of 3 pen spots one was MIA, one worked and other had no ink...  But I did not have to sign the 3 copies. For last 3 years we've been in Sattahip only show up hand PP get number wait and they call number and hand back PP. Oh yea after all that found a pen in bottom of passport bag.. Also think they pushing for on line reporting but who knows what lies in the minds of those running the show.. 

18 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Some offices (e.g. mine) refuse to accept online 90 day reports. 

My chum is in his 80's and bed ridden at the mo, I sort paperwork out for him/them, today they were worried about 90 day reporting, I said leave it with me, see if I can do it for you online.

Took me 5 minutes to apply, his application was OK'd to do it online, so, in about 10 days time I will try it, see what happens....Oh, this is Ubon area...🤗

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, redwood1 said:

3 copies of each passport with every 90 day report at Jomtien now......Multiply that by all the untold thousands of 90 day reports that happen there every year....

Folks we are talking a Mountain of paper stacking up to the ceiling.........Copies for their records?....Give me a break........

The only sensible thing they can do with all this paper is to throw it all in the trash....

Have seen 🏔️' s of paper copies (which NO ONE will ever look at again) in both CW & Jomtien Immigration. It's freakin' ridiculous

19 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Pretty much since God created the Earth Jomtien Immigration has Never required anything other than your passport to get a 90 day as far as I know till now....I bet I have got about 60-70    90 days there...

The TM47 has been the form used for 90 day reporting since Pontius was a pilot. Sri Ratcha is also Chonburi Immigration and they have always used the recognised method. I can't see how anyone can complain about standardisation within the same immigration dept.

The online system is effectively the new standard and I suspect all other office created short cuts will be abandoned.

I have been doing online since 2015 and never had a problem other than the system being down now and again.  No big deal if you haven't left it too late. Has become a good deal easier with the latest version.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

They have to give the new IOs purchasing their 'job for life' posts training; i.e., something to do. New IO #1 uploads 1 scanned copy to online system. New IO #2 shreds all copies. New IO #3 transfers shredded copies to recycle bin. New IO #4 incinerates contents of recycle bin in the back yard. At least 3 copies are essential to create this illusion of work and the vital physical and psychological stimulation necessary to provide  job satisfaction.

It keeps them off the streets so it can't be a bad thing 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had to fill in the form once at Kalasin. Can't see the point of it, as it isn't universally required (like many immigration rules). Same as the 90 day report, as if you're a criminal on probation, serves little to no purpose. In the real world you would inform if you moved. In Thailand you have to inform that you haven't. 

• Love It 1

You do know you can make copies of the TM47 and sign the pages.

About 3 minutes prep and work to stay up to date.  

It is funny you created this topic and typed your rant in the same amount of time it would have taken to complete your 90 day report.  You do realize that this is not the contact page for Thai Immigration to inform them that you are not happy.

• Thumbs Up 1