Who got bored in Thailand and went back?

georgegeorgia

On 11/2/2023 at 8:44 PM, JimTripper said:

lived here over 10 years. never close to that high.

do you have a flat screen tv on all day/night?

kids leaving the lights on or watching tv all the time?

has to be something...

🤣

In the 10 years at our current house our bills are consistently between 1,600 and 2,500 per month, determined by the the season of the year and how many orders my wife has from her bakery business. Cool season few orders - 1,600, hot season, many orders, 2,500. 2 people, 3 bed, single story, 4 air con.

On 11/1/2023 at 10:03 AM, actonion said:

22 years living in Thailand   married to a Thai lady for 15 of those years,  we  holiday in  the U.K.  every  3or 4 years, and have just returned form the latest holiday  of 5 weeks  there.

Due to  the weather, the  crazy  prices  of   1  pint of beer, and a beer shandy at  15 pounds ( not in central London) either  ++++   we will not be returning any time soon,   if ever.......I find it easier,  & more comfortable to  get cooled off  in Thailand, rather than  try get warmed up  in England....

£15 a pint? What a load of old tosh. You were had, some discrepancy with the lemonade perhaps. Average price is still around £4-£5, my town £3 for an ale, and Wetherspoons cheaper again. Still way cheaper than Bkk on that score and the choice of beer and cheap wines, groceries etc is seriously lacking here. Agree with the heat though, and just life in general. So easy to jump on a flight or go on a road trip and have all kinds of fun. Woke-heaven UK is horribly dull outside summer. 

1 hour ago, Mike Lister said:

In the 10 years at our current house our bills are consistently between 1,600 and 2,500 per month, determined by the the season of the year and how many orders my wife has from her bakery business. Cool season few orders - 1,600, hot season, many orders, 2,500. 2 people, 3 bed, single story, 4 air con.

not relevant. you are running a business in the home so your bill does not mean much to a normal living situation.

On 11/3/2023 at 6:41 PM, jerrymahoney said:

... and, per the above, I am happier now full-time in Thailand than I ever was, at least in the recent past, in the USofA.

Exactly my point.

We're all different, and what we want or need in our lives isn't static, it can change over time.

30 years ago my travel lust was satisfied by my work, today the idea of spending a night away from home is awful, don't want or need it.

It's an illusion created in your mind that what you have today is what you will want forever.

Always be prepared that down the road wants and needs may change.

Who knows if health issues raise their ugly head and your by the book Thai health insurance drops you like a pair of dirty underwear.

Or family want you closer. For us it was grandkids, those rugrats are a pull

So it's very complex what the pulls are in our life, but you navigate it the best you can

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GinBoy2 said:

Exactly my point.

We're all different, and what we want or need in our lives isn't static, it can change over time.

30 years ago my travel lust was satisfied by my work, today the idea of spending a night away from home is awful, don't want or need it.

It's an illusion created in your mind that what you have today is what you will want forever.

Always be prepared that down the road wants and needs may change.

Who knows if health issues raise their ugly head and your by the book Thai health insurance drops you like a pair of dirty underwear.

Or family want you closer. For us it was grandkids, those rugrats are a pull

So it's very complex what the pulls are in our life, but you navigate it the best you can

Good post. 

On 11/4/2023 at 9:14 AM, GinBoy2 said:

Well thats a lazy answer to a complex question.

We all have different things that engage us.

We're not all addicted to Golf or to the Bargirl scene.

So, have to figure out what works for you, and for some of us, you go through boredom to figure out what does work for you!

Massages can be addictive

• Sad 1