What is the age of consent in Thailand?

bob smith

Personally I never cared much for 'young women' except perhaps when I was a pre-teen.  My preference has always been gals in their 30.  Still attractive, usually have experience in the sack, and hormonally ripe and ready to rock as their genetic imperative to reproduce before its too late kicks into overdrive.

I've never been interested in gals that I need to be concerned about whether of not they are at "the age of consent."  And that was even when I was a teen and in my 20s. 30-something year old women have always been near and dear to by heart (and other parts of my anatomy.  So I've never been in the situation to ask a gal if she was old enough to bump nasties.  The women I dated were "women" and not jail-bait.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Anything younger than 18 and then child prostitution laws come into a effect and it becomes a rape of a child and taking a child away from its parents and a few other things 

so its 18 then, not 15?

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Anything younger than 18 and then child prostitution laws come into a effect and it becomes a rape of a child and taking a child away from its parents and a few other things 

I'm sorry, but you can't have grey areas when it comes to things like age of consent.

The act is either legal or illegal. There is no in between.

45 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Met a girl (early 20s), I had known earlier, in Pattaya many years ago. She was really pretty, but that night not on the take, as she was busy pimping out two 17-year-old girls near Walking Street. I wasn't interested, and neither were other guys who talked to her...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

Just now, bob smith said:

I'm sorry, but you can't have grey areas when it comes to things like age of consent.

The act is either legal or illegal. There is no in between.

You'd better go and talk to your mate , otherwise he might not buy you another drink .

Did he pay lady drinks price or did he pay normal price ?

Will he have to pay a bar fine if he takes you out the bar ?

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You'd better go and talk to your mate , otherwise he might not buy you another drink .

Did he pay lady drinks price or did he pay normal price ?

Will he have to pay a bar fine if he takes you out the bar ?

jesus mate, ive just had me dinner

6 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

image.png.200327bc799f934a727a620d7e2bd6c5.png

That is with the parents consent , if the Parents make a compliant  with the Police about an under 18 having sex, then it becomes a crime .

The under 18 can even withdraw her consent after the sex and make a police complaint the next day .

Read the whole law, rather than just one paragraph 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

That is with the parents consent , if the Parents make a compliant  with the Police about an under 18 having sex, then it becomes a crime .

The under 18 can even withdraw her consent after the sex and make a police complaint the next day .

Read the whole law, rather than just one paragraph 

No <deleted> sherlock.... did you not read my earlier post.... 15 with parents consent ?

I can explain it too you, I cannot understand it for you.

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

No <deleted> sherlock.... did you not read my earlier post.... 15 with parents consent ?

I can explain it too you, I cannot understand it for you.

I replied to your  post which claimed that it was 15 years old  , I didn't reply to any of your other posts which may have stated something different 

Just now, bob smith said:

ok, just let it run then.

the bloke who asked me the question has now stumbled out of the bar back to his hotel.

he bought me 4 drinks all in all.

says his name was Ken and is going to Pattaya in the morning.

Ken bought you 4 drinks.  You are over 15, 'eh bob.  Wouldn't want Ken to get in trouble.  😉

• Haha 1

"No <deleted> sherlock.... did you not read my earlier post.... 15 with parents consent ?"

So how does that work when you return to your home country and get charged with travelling overseas for sex with a child?  Just because the Thai law might state 15 with parents' consent does not make such an act legal for non-Thai citizens.

• Thanks 1