The Met Police WON'T ban Poppy Day pro-Palestine rally

CharlieH

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

yes look above, already posted a link to the disgracefull intimidation

I watched the video by Andy Ngo but I saw no physical intimidation, no threats, lots of noise I agree, but that is normal for any large protest. I even saw several policemen close to the stall.

I must admit the noise would drive me loopy after a few minutes, mainly because it is loud and very boring.

Perhaps they were threatened earlier and the police advised them to move. the video did not explain that.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You have no idea what she is teaching and how she is teaching.

She was probably trying to associate the Israeli destruction of Gaza with the Holocaust. A crass comparison though her rage at the loss of civilian life is understandable 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I watched the video by Andy Ngo but I saw no physical intimidation, no threats, lots of noise I agree, but that is normal for any large protest. I even saw several policemen close to the stall.

I must admit the noise would drive me loopy after a few minutes, mainly because it is loud and very boring.

Perhaps they were threatened earlier and the police advised them to move. the video did not explain that.

Did I claim there was physical intimidation? What more intimidation do you need that makes you have to move at least 100 meters away from a crowd of protestors that deliberately surrounded you with the Police having to intervene?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

No worries, the bobbies were all over that one. Oh wait a sec!

With no sound on the video we only have the word of the person who took the video, who was who and that they were genuine pro Palestinian protesters and members of the EDL for examples. It was not explained who the two men were either.

I you wish to believe a post from somebody on 'X'. Feel free to do so.

Personally without any explanation I don't believe in it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, billd766 said:

With no sound on the video we only have the word of the person who took the video, who was who and that they were genuine pro Palestinian protesters and members of the EDL for examples. It was not explained who the two men were either.

I you wish to believe a post from somebody on 'X'. Feel free to do so.

Personally without any explanation I don't believe in it.

How clear is this for you?

"Death to all the Jews"

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

"Death to all the Jews"

People are angry at what Israel are doing, killing babies, children, women, men and the old with their bombing.

I hate Hamas but can't you understand the hatred Israel is generating for itself around the world with its actions?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

A film crew were allowed into the Mets control center where most of the CCTV was being used. They were looking for anyone wearing in their own words signs of displaying and supporting groups and Organisations. In other words, they were looking for Hamas headwear. One idiot even jumped in the camera screaming From the River to the Sea.

Edited by BarraMarra
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

"Death to all the Jews"

A completely different video by a different person in a completely different place.

So you have only one person chanting death to all the Jews and the rest did not. 

Does that mean to you, that all the other people think and say the same thing?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, billd766 said:

A completely different video by a different person in a completely different place.

So you have only one person chanting death to all the Jews and the rest did not. 

Does that mean to you, that all the other people think and say the same thing?

:clap2:Correct........:cheesy: A completely different video

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bannork said:

People are angry at what Israel are doing, killing babies, children, women, men and the old with their bombing.

I hate Hamas but can't you understand the hatred Israel is generating for itself around the world with its actions?

IMO you are out of order and wrong - perhaps you are just trolling?

Israel is NOT killing civilians deliberately - Hamas are hiding behind/under them.

Hamas has placed its HQ and the hub of its underground tunnels - UNDER the largest Hospital in Gaza.

And from day one they have been releasing PR lies about Israel bombing Hospitals - including one they bombed themselves.

Because they want to protect themselves - they do not care about the civilians in Gaza - they want their blood/deaths.

They are evil scum and Israel is rightly going to eradicate them from the face of the Earth - permanently.

If they surrended today and agreed to face the ICC - Israel would immediately cease fire and hand them over. 

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bannork said:

Not the majority - only ther loud idiot protestors - mostly woke proghressive young fools.

The majority agree with what Israel is doing and support their actions - they just dont march and protest about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Not the majority - only ther loud idiot protestors - mostly woke proghressive young fools.

The majority agree with what Israel is doing and support their actions - they just dont march and protest about it.

You really think the majority of the British people agree with the Israeli bombings?

You have no evidence to support that.

Well, let them turn out in a rally next week.

Can they match 300,000 plus?

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, bannork said:

You really think the majority of the British people agree with the Israeli bombings?

It's been repeated on many of the recent reports that supports splits more or less evenly. About a third to each side, the rest undecided.

The 'pro-Palestinian' crowd more left wing and younger.

There are plenty of Jews, worldwide, participating in pro-Palestinian protests.

Not so many pro-Palestinian or Muslim protests denouncing Hamas, though.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

IMO you are out of order and wrong - perhaps you are just trolling?

Israel is NOT killing civilians deliberately - Hamas are hiding behind/under them.

Hamas has placed its HQ and the hub of its underground tunnels - UNDER the largest Hospital in Gaza.

And from day one they have been releasing PR lies about Israel bombing Hospitals - including one they bombed themselves.

Because they want to protect themselves - they do not care about the civilians in Gaza - they want their blood/deaths.

They are evil scum and Israel is rightly going to eradicate them from the face of the Earth - permanently.

If they surrended today and agreed to face the ICC - Israel would immediately cease fire and hand them over. 

We all agree Hamas is scum and they are hiding under civilian buildings.

But you can't say you're not deliberately killing civilians when you drop bombs on apartment buildings.

'Sorry guv, I woz aiming at the bloke behind you, sorry the bullet went through you too'

It won't wash. It's murder of civilians.

Israel are creating a whole generation of Palestinian kids who will hate Israel with all their hearts. 

Hamas part 2 coming shortly to somewhere near you 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

We all agree Hamas is scum and they are hiding under civilian buildings.

But you can't say you're not deliberately killing civilians when you drop bombs on apartment buildings.

'Sorry guv, I woz aiming at the bloke behind you, sorry the bullet went through you too'

It won't wash. It's murder of civilians.

Israel are creating a whole generation of Palestinian kids who will hate Israel with all their hearts. 

Hamas part 2 coming shortly to somewhere near you 

Collateral damage is an accepted consequence of warfare. The law of armed conflict (LOAC) permits soldiers to carry out attacks against military objectives with the knowledge that civilians will be killed, provided the attack is consistent with the requirements of the principle of proportionality.

https://lieber.westpoint.edu/collateral-damage-innocent-bystanders-war/

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Morch said:

It's been repeated on many of the recent reports that supports splits more or less evenly. About a third to each side, the rest undecided.

The 'pro-Palestinian' crowd more left wing and younger.

There are plenty of Jews, worldwide, participating in pro-Palestinian protests.

Not so many pro-Palestinian or Muslim protests denouncing Hamas, though.

https://www.ipsos.com/en-uk/israel-gaza-conflict-7-10-britons-concerned-about-plight-of-civilians-on-both-sides

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ll go with the Police reports if you don’t mind.

Social media isn’t exactly a reliable source:

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/police-probe-fake-london-mayor-video-pro-palestinian-marches-2023-11-10/

Here's a police report for you Chomper:

https://news.met.police.uk/news/ac-matt-twist-statement-on-policing-operation-in-central-london-475108

Reference the report (above), I followed a live stream of this extremely violent main "right wing" element heading for the Cenotaph but this report is inaccurate, with only one minor scuffle with police (due to confusion about where they could walk) - all over in a few seconds - and they did reach the Cenotaph and then walked away peacefully after the wreath laying. This VDO showed much of Tommy Robinson's walk, with the rest, not inciting trouble and also leaving peacefully. The other comment about the "right wing" spending "most of the day attacking or threatening officers" also looks to be overblown, with only one small group seen causing a brief spell of trouble near the river. For 82 arrests most of which were made before any trouble was evident?

Also reference the report (above), Twist's summary mentions that the Palestine Solidarity Campaign (PSC) march "did not see the sort of physical violence carried out by the right wing". So they just let them continue (without detention) to become PSC breakaway groups behaving in an "intimidating manner" after the march, including letting more fireworks off, which "struck officers in the face". Then officers "intercepted" a group of 150 who were wearing face coverings and who had used the fireworks - I suppose this refers to the "at least 100 pro-Palestinian protesters" that were detained by police mentioned in the linked Sky News story below. 

Here's the Sky News report:

https://news.sky.com/story/police-detain-around-150-pro-palestine-protesters-after-dozens-of-far-right-demonstrators-arrested-13005216

Both reports gave no mention of that swastika sign or those intimidated poppy sellers as evidenced by VDO's on this thread. Surprise surprise.

Being detained is not as serious as being arrested. As ever, it seems we still have two-tier policing in the UK and the bias of arrests is a far higher burden on this so-called "far right".

Hopefully, today will be quiet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, bannork said:

How many million people did not march?  Clearly the vast majority do not support Hamas. You have no evidence to support otherwise.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Collateral damage is an accepted consequence of warfare. The law of armed conflict (LOAC) permits soldiers to carry out attacks against military objectives with the knowledge that civilians will be killed, provided the attack is consistent with the requirements of the principle of proportionality.

https://lieber.westpoint.edu/collateral-damage-innocent-bystanders-war/

The summary of that article by Charles Turnbull 

iConclusion

While the principle of proportionality may serve a humanitarian interest in limiting the scope of war, we should not be complacent in thinking that the laws of war perfectly mirror moral principles, or that actions consistent with the LOAC are morally permissible. Ethically minded States and militaries need not be satisfied with the moral shortcomings of the principle of proportionality. They should acknowledge that collateral damage may be lawful, but not always moral, and take additional steps to reduce the risks to innocent bystanders in war

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bannork said:

The summary of that article by Charles Turnbull 

iConclusion

While the principle of proportionality may serve a humanitarian interest in limiting the scope of war, we should not be complacent in thinking that the laws of war perfectly mirror moral principles, or that actions consistent with the LOAC are morally permissible. Ethically minded States and militaries need not be satisfied with the moral shortcomings of the principle of proportionality. They should acknowledge that collateral damage may be lawful, but not always moral, and take additional steps to reduce the risks to innocent bystanders in war

But you said it was murder. So instead of making such assumptions, it is clear that very detailed investigations must take place first on a case by case basis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1