What topic would you like to discuss?

bignok

Just now, Prubangboy said:

Why not put it to a poll? 

Why not be like Chav Superstar BobSmith and just wallow in it? Note his favorables compared to your own.

Because it's stupid nonsense. You smoke pot, I dont. Thats more bogan than me.

Just now, Prubangboy said:

Unlike you, I'm not anti-bogan. Stop, stop the self-hatred.

I envision a Star Wars-like moment between you and BobSmith where he says, "Luke, I'm your father".

I think you must be stoned. This is gibberish.

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Bogan is like hick or hillbilly. 

As someone whose stumping ground growing up were Queens boulevard at Forest hills most of it drinking beer at the wine cellar I guess I would qualify.

I mean , who drinks beer at a wine cellar but a bogan .

My opinion is that people need to stop taking themselves too seriously. I mean think of all the stupid things you have done throughout your life.

My strategy is.  "If you cant avoid it ,,and all the evidence points out that you can't.

Then simply go with it and have some fun. 

He who dies having had the most fun, wins. 

Just now, sirineou said:

As someone whose stumping ground growing up were Queens boulevard at Forest hills most of it drinking beer at the wine cellar I guess I would qualify.

I mean , who drinks beer at a wine cellar but a bogan .

My opinion is that people need to stop taking themselves too seriously. I mean think of all the stupid things you have done throughout your life.

My strategy is.  "If you cant avoid it ,,and all the evidence points out that you can't.

Then simply go with it and have some fun. 

He who dies having had the most fun, wins. 

Yes well enjoy life yes. Labels are silly unless extreme. I have met extreme bogans. I never asked if they knew how bogan they were. These people were the most bogan Ive ever met. Swore non stop including the woman. 

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Yes well enjoy life yes. Labels are silly unless extreme. I have met extreme bogans. I never asked if they knew how bogan they were. These people were the most bogan Ive ever met. Swore non stop including the woman. 

IMO labels that generalise are not useful as they are wrong more than they are right. 

And you can not tell people, if you do , they will not believe you. You must get them to understand in a way that they think it is their own idea. 

You can't say to someone. "You are stupid" , it's counter productive, it only has value if you can make them feel stupid.  IMO the biggest difference between stupid people and smart people , is that smart people know how stupid they are. 

interesting definition:

Politics is the art of telling someone to go blip themselves in such way that they say Thank you. :tongue: 

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

IMO labels that generalise are not useful as they are wrong more than they are right. 

And you can not tell people, if you do , they will not believe you. You must get them to understand in a way that they think it is their own idea. 

You can't say to someone. "You are stupid" , it's counter productive, it only has value if you can make them feel stupid.  IMO the biggest difference between stupid people and smart people , is that smart people know how stupid they are. 

interesting definition:

Politics is the art of telling someone to go blip themselves in such way that they say Thank you. :tongue: 

You are really smart

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, simon43 said:

Totally off-topic, (well almost, but a fun story anyway!).

20 years ago when I wrote a very successful chat AI text messaging program, I deliberately wrote the code so that the AI persona DID get annoyed by annoying or rude questions from the live person.  For example, if the person texted "you're not very smart are you?", my chat program would reply with something like "Well, I'm much smarter than a dumbass like you!".

Why did I write the code this way?  Because each text message received from my AI program cost the end-user about $1.5 USD! (the user was aware of this but why they would pay to be insulted was beyond me!).

I made a lot of money from the abusive messages that my system sent in response to abuse from end-users! :)

Not believable as AI as its known wasnt available back then. You may have had a program triggered by set words posted and called it AI but it actually wasn't AI. 

Just now, Dan O said:

Not believable as AI as its known wasnt available back then. You may have had a program triggered by set words posted and called it AI but it actually wasn't AI. 

AI searches Ive done give basic answers